dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is from The Bible : In the beginning.

I am posting just to let people comment.

Does this clip help you to believe the account of the Flood?

Can films bring people to believe an event in the Bible really took place or must one already believe?

What do you think of the music, is it a good choice for the clip?

I find it interesting that John Huston who directed this and actually plays Noah in this sequence was an atheist. It seems quite sympathetic to the Bible story.

Last edited:

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is from The Bible : In the beginning.

I am posting just to let people comment.

Does this clip help you to believe the account of the Flood?

Can films bring people to believe an event in the Bible really took place or must one already believe?

What do you think of the music, is it a good choice for the clip?

I find it interesting that John Huston who directed this and actually plays Noah in this sequence was an atheist. It seems quite sympathetic to the Bible story.

To be honest it gave me some good chuckles. Like where in the world did they find the iron tools and pots?

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I hadn't thought of the tools. Good observation.

I don't know what kind of tools Noah had, and there certainly is some artistic license used in the film. All the same is the dating of the iron age not based on when such tools became more widely used, could there not have been people using iron some time before the iron age?

Perhaps Noah was technologically advanced. As the surrounding culture was decadent, they may not have made much advances in tool making.

Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't seen the recent Noah, and my expectations of remakes nowadays are generally low.

That is quite a funny parody poking fun at the Noah movie I'd guess, not the Bible story.

Was that Anthony Hopkins?
Yeah it was. I think the Noah movie though was an attempt at something, but it didn't really fit well with the biblical narrative overall. So that's why a lot of people thought that movie didn't do well. Older, and lower budget movies of the past though tended to stick to something that you could imagine really was what happened without too much additional plot.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0