No women in Heaven?

Brak

Jan 12, 2011
✟16,544.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It looks like Revelation foretells of a future time when there will be no women in Heaven. Look:

Revelation 8:1 When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

There will be silence in Heaven for a half hour. I have to conclude, therefore, that for at least a half hour, there will be no women.

Maybe there was a bridal shower on earth during that time? Everybody invited?

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It looks like Revelation foretells of a future time when there will be no women in Heaven. Look:

There will be silence in Heaven for a half hour. I have to conclude, therefore, that for at least a half hour, there will be no women.

That explains a lot ... you can even line up a lot of the simultaneous events in Revelation. :doh:
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Never noticed that one before ... obviously the angel here is a woman making the point that no men are able to open the book ... doesn't say no woman could though ... :idea:
Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Here the women leave heaven to spend time in the wilderness. Not sure about the 1260 days. Maybe someone can reconcile the half-hour equaling 1260 days ...
Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters
Now this angel I'm not so sure about ... could be wrong ... this angel carries the everlasting gospel to all on earth ... notice that it doesn't say just "men" like previously ... might not be a woman angel, but the loud voice is certainly suspicious.
Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God ...
No doubt about this one ... any man who's ever been divorced recognizes this one ...especially obvious since it applies only to men ...
Rev 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
No doubt about this one either ... any man who's ever been married knows he better do exactly as he's told when his wife comes out of the house and yells at him.

Thanks a lot, Brak. I sure see what ya mean. I'm having just a little difficulty with the timing of all these. Maybe Revelation's not quite in the exact order I'd been thinking ... just have to study harder ...

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

posting in good faith ... compelled not to let this stand ...

Matthew 22:30
the question about the ressurection

For in the ressurection they neither marry,
nor are given in marriage, but are as the
angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12:25
the question about the ressurection

For when they shall rise from the dead, they
neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but
are as the angels which are in heaven.

Luke 20:34-36
the question of the resurrection

And Jesus answering, said unto them. The
children of this world marry, and are given in
mariage:
But they which shall be counted worthy to ob-
tain that world, and the resurrection from the
dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
Neither can they die anymore : for they are e-
qual unto the angels; and are the children of
God, being children of the ressurection.

1 John 3:2
the children of God and righteousness

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it
doth not appear what we shall be: but we know
that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him;
for we shall see him as he is.

--------------------------------------------------------

there's silence in heaven for that time because Satan and his angels were cast out ...

bridal shower? ... but there is a marriage invitation to the bride of Christ ...

Upvote 0

Brak

Jan 12, 2011
✟16,544.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Here the women leave heaven to spend time in the wilderness. Not sure about the 1260 days. Maybe someone can reconcile the half-hour equaling 1260 days ...

Daniel's horn refers to the weeks, meaning weeks of years. 1260 days is half a week. I think the hours here are symbolic for weeks, meaning hours of weeks. So half an hour is half an hour of weeks of years, or 1260 days.

7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters

Now this angel I'm not so sure about ... could be wrong ... this angel carries the everlasting gospel to all on earth ... notice that it doesn't say just "men" like previously ... might not be a woman angel, but the loud voice is certainly suspicious.

Could be a woman. Could also me my high school coach. The loud voice certainly is a giveaway, and he certainly put the fear of God in me. I just never guessed I would be finding him in Heaven. :ebil:

Upvote 0

Brak

Jan 12, 2011
✟16,544.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

I never noticed that before! I'm thinking now that maybe John let his hair grow too long in the Essene colony, and that caused the angel to mistake John for Peter's wife. It's the fingernails. Men don't have the fingernails, but some women...that book woulda popped right open. If John had been allowed to take one guest with him, he could have invited one of the sorority girls from Jerusalem College. You don't wanna mess with those chicks. Or let them anywhere near a chalkboard.

Upvote 0