No vulgar police singing encounter at Raleigh restaurant, police say

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
No vulgar police singing encounter at Raleigh restaurant, police say
Raleigh police have determined that a Facebook rumor that employees at a Garner restaurant sang an NWA song to Raleigh officers last week were false. The controversy began last week after a Facebook post claimed people at a Smithfield's Chicken 'n Bar-B-Q restaurant sang to officers who were eating at the restaurant. "There was no singing," the Raleigh Police Department said in a statement issued Wednesday.
Police officers lying? How dare you suggest that?! They would never do such a thing! *clutches pearls*

Last edited:

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You know, there are actually times when some Police *don't* lie/do bad things. There are plenty of good ones out there, so odds are...

I don't think that fits the narrative. I'm afraid you're guilty of wrongthink.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Your article doesn't mention the police lying. It mentions a "Facebook post" which seems to have exaggerated an incident ...but not that the police themselves made any such claims.

As for irony...it's funny that you get so upset with someone possibly saying something racist to a million dollar athlete...but if someone says something awful to a public servant? Well that servant must've been lying, right?

Two faced hypocrisy noted.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
You know, there are actually times when some Police *don't* lie/do bad things. There are plenty of good ones out there, so odds are...
Most people do not commit crimes, so we should never discuss crimes committed by any particular group... I never suggested that there were no good police officers. :yawn:

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This feels like a non story to me. A patron walks in, one of the employees disrespects the patron, management fires the employee.

Sounds like good capitalism.

On another note, I'm just glad the police didn't beat and imprison the person who said F the police. This is exactly what should happen. No laws were broken, the situation was handled, and everyone walked away to live another day without loss of life, limb, or liberty.

THis is what I argue on here day in and day out. We use common sense and turn our brains on. Note that I'm not "against" the police. I simple hold police to the same standard of logic and reason I hold everyone else to. I feel that is the difference between my viewpoints concerning police vs some other members here.

For some, police can never do any wrong no matter what. If this instance had turned out differently and police had tried to "arrest" this person for "disturbing the peace" and said police beat this man to within an inch of his life there would be those who would instantly support the police in this matter. But thankfully, that hypothetical did not happen and the correct action did happen, police told management, management dealt with it, just like they would have for any customer. Police really aren't special in this situation nor should they be.

So meh, this is a non story to me, but I'm just happy common sense prevailed and everyone walked away as should happen in these cases. Police need to be "better" than the citizenry because police have near unlimited power... you know, the whole Spiderman thingy...

Upvote 0