No, the riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6 wasn’t a ‘completely peaceful protest’

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟104,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
January 6 lasted 4 or 5 hours, and was done with. But I agree, if anyone committed a crime they should be charged. I don't know where to find the video but Louder With Crowder has video of "leader" figures telling everyone to remain peaceful inside the capital. One of them being the guy in the Viking helmet.
There's video of police letting the protesters into the capitol building. One of them was the buffalo guy, and there's another video of the buffalo guy walking into the House Chamber (I think) accompanied by a security guard or a capital policeman.

I know the buffalo guy was arrested. If there isn't video of him doing anything violent, and if there's video of him being let into the building by capitol police, what is he guilty of exactly?

Don't get me wrong, I do not support what the Jan. 6 rioters did. If the buffalo guy is guilty of something, I have no problem with him being charged. Like you, my main objection is the hypocrisy displayed by the left, in the different ways they want to treat these protesters as opposed to their own. The message I'm getting is that it's okay for leftists to protest, but not for those on the right. One thing I've noticed about protests, is that despite the peaceful intentions of most of the crowd, they tend to turn violent, especially if they continue after dark.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,218.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Looked to me like Mr horns and others just wanted a photo op. Only a small percentage of the so called rioters actually did anything violent.
Why did he apologize for his actions? Any action which those people took, in delaying the Constitutional duty of the Senate constitutes the crime of insurrection. Storming the Capitol Building and and breaking out windows was a violent act. Being peaceful later doesn't change the violent way they entered the Capitol.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not even trying to breach a federal courthouse for months?

Is it more serious to attack the U.S. Capitol than to attack a federal courthouse? Yes, it is. The terrorists attacking the U.S. Capitol were there to overturn the Constitution, and to kill Vice President Mike Pence.

• Agree
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's video of police letting the protesters into the capitol building. One of them was the buffalo guy, and there's another video of the buffalo guy walking into the House Chamber (I think) accompanied by a security guard or a capital policeman.

The "MAGA Shaman?" The guy who charged in with a spear? Who left a threatening note for Mike Pence at his deck in the Senate? The guy who now says he was just following Trump's orders to attack the Capitol, and that he regrets committing felonies therein?

Like you, my main objection is the hypocrisy displayed by the left, in the different ways they want to treat these protesters as opposed to their own.

I'm not sure that "protestors" is the right term for insurrectionists who attacked the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overthrow the Constitution. What "leftists" did that?

Trump told them to go there and "fight like hell." And they did, five people died in that attempt, and it's only because of the understaffed Capitol police ( two of whom died) that there weren't more, and our elected officials were not lynched by the terrorists.
What leftist "protestors" did that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟104,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The "MAGA Shaman?" The guy who charged in with a spear? Who left a threatening note for Mike Pence at his deck in the Senate? The guy who now says he was just following Trump's orders to attack the Capitol, and that he regrets committing felonies therein?
I said before, I am not in favor of the rioters' actions. I am also not in favor of Trump's continuing to contest the election results after his court cases failed. However, Trump did not order anyone to attack the capitol.

As for the shaman, the note supposedly said "It's only a matter of time, justice is coming". You can interpret that as threatening if you like, maybe it was. All I know is he did nothing violent on the videos I saw. He did apparently have a spear as a flagpole, but he didn't use it. My guess is the dude has some problems.

I'm not sure that "protestors" is the right term for insurrectionists who attacked the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overthrow the Constitution. What "leftists" did that?
Leftists love to use the "insurrectionist" buzzword. But no one from the riot is charged with insurrection.

Only one person was killed in the capitol riot, and that was an unarmed woman climbing through a window who was shot by a police officer whose identity is being withheld. If she was an unarmed black woman at a leftist riot, I'm sure his identity would not have been withheld. Three died from natural causes, and one died from an amphetamine overdose. None of the "insurrectionists" killed anyone.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I said before, I am not in favor of the rioters' actions. I am also not in favor of Trump's continuing to contest the election results after his court cases failed. However, Trump did not order anyone to attack the capitol.

Telling them to go to the Capitol and "fight like hell", was all it took to get them to do it. Granted, they aren't the sharpest thinkers around, but they claim to have been obeying Trump, so he got what he incited.

As for the shaman, the note supposedly said "It's only a matter of time, justice is coming". You can interpret that as threatening if you like, maybe it was. All I know is he did nothing violent on the videos I saw. He did apparently have a spear as a flagpole, but he didn't use it. My guess is the dude has some problems.

Like every other insurrectionist in the attack. Of course they have problems. Most of their families are embarrassed and horrified by the things they did. They may look kinda like average people (well, some of them) but they aren't. I mean, smearing feces around the halls of the Capitol, beating police officers with poles, looting offices... you get the idea. These are MAGA folks to the nth degree.

Leftists love to use the "insurrectionist" buzzword. But no one from the riot is charged with insurrection.

Why did they attack the U.S. Capitol? To overturn the election. Let's look at the word...

in·sur·rec·tion | \ ˌin(t)-sə-ˈrek-shən
\

Definition of insurrection

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

There you go. Exactly what they were doing.

If she was an unarmed black woman at a leftist riot, I'm sure his identity would not have been withheld.

And there's the irony. If the insurrectionists were mostly black you and I both know the Capitol steps would have been running with blood. C'mon.

• Agree
Reactions: Derek1234
Upvote 0

Derek1234

Mar 11, 2021
London
✟24,724.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Gasp! Then it must be an authoritative statement? Because someone on the internet said it, according to that article, someone in a blog post.
There was a completely peaceful protest and then there was a breaking and entering. Two different events.
" Insurrection" is going a little too far, IMO. If that's what it was, it was the most lame insurrection in history.
You're arguing against yourself. This is pointless. The frame of reference for this discussion is whether or not the 06 Jan riot at the Capitol was a completely peaceful protest. Nothing more, nothing less. That's why your persistent deflections (which you have not substantiated) by pointing to Kamala Harris etc are wastes of both our time. You finally seem to be conceding this point, and so unless you raise any substantive points of interest, I won't bother replying more.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But were never encouraged by trump to do any of that.
Seems a little weird he had so many supporters who all showed up on the same day, all stormed the same building for the same reason and seemed to be very prepared in the same ways. it's almost like...they all heard the same dog whistles from Trump and his mouth pieces about "being strong" and "stopping the steal" and "trial by combat". But I'm sure it was all just a big coincidence.
tulc(is going to need more coffee soon)

Upvote 0

Derek1234

Mar 11, 2021
London
✟24,724.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
These threads condemning only people from January 6th and not blm and antifa are shameful. I can't believe this is how professing christians behave. You have standards for one group and none for another group.

I have yet to meet any conservatives who thinks January 6 was a good thing. But it seems impossible to find a liberal who will condemn all the rioting in the streets during the last year.

January 6 lasted 4 or 5 hours, and was done with. But I agree, if anyone committed a crime they should be charged. I don't know where to find the video but Louder With Crowder has video of "leader" figures telling everyone to remain peaceful inside the capital. One of them being the guy in the Viking helmet. It's the june 8 episode.

BLM and antifa rioted night after night in many cities for well over 100 days if not longer. They destroyed people's lives with their destruction. How many people were murdered, or buildings looted and set on fire, or people's businesses destroyed just because it was in the way? Nobody cares.

People say the January 6 crowd was there to murder all kinds of people. Just how many murders were committed by that group? Zero. Don't you think if that many people had the intention to murder, maybe they would have actually murdered even one person? But they didn't. The only death was that of an unarmed woman. But nobody cares about her.

What about the antifa terrorists in Seattle that tried to trap police officers in the precinct while setting the building on fire?
SPD: Rioters tried to trap officers inside burning precinct using rebar and concrete

Or how about Seattle council woman Kshama Sawant opening the doors to city hall so rioters could take over the building? Isn't that a government building too?
Seattle Protesters Take Over City Hall, Demand Mayor’s Resignation

You liberal "Christians" have double standards. You only want to see conservatives charged, but seem to embrace the absolute destruction dealt out by liberals. And the way you treat other Christians on here is terrible.
This is nonsense. I am protesting the double standard, not arguing for it. I condemn violent protest whoever does it, and advocate people making their voices known by peaceful protest; I support greater dialogue and understanding between people that genuinely helps bring people closer together and does not drive a wedge between them.

There. That's not hard, is it?

Nevertheless, this thread is about 06 January. If it were about antifa or BLM-related violence, I'd engage with that subject and not start banging on about the Capitol riots.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it more serious to attack the U.S. Capitol than to attack a federal courthouse? Yes, it is. The terrorists attacking the U.S. Capitol were there to overturn the Constitution, and to kill Vice President Mike Pence.
Why is it more serious? And they didn't kill anyone or throw any IEDs like those at the federal courthouse did for literally months. And somehow they kept getting released to do it again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Derek1234

Mar 11, 2021
London
✟24,724.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why is it more serious? And they didn't kill anyone or throw any IEDs like those at the federal courthouse did for literally months. And somehow they kept getting released to do it again.
but what about this?
but what about that?
but what about the other?

What about the Capitol riots?

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seems a little weird he had so many supporters who all showed up on the same day, all stormed the same building for the same reason and seemed to be very prepared in the same ways. it's almost like...they all heard the same dog whistles from Trump and his mouth pieces about "being strong" and "stopping the steal" and "trial by combat". But I'm sure it was all just a big coincidence.

And I'm sure Trump bellowing out this angry rhetoric... “We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore" AND “We want to go back, and we want to get this right because we’re going to have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed, and we’re not going to stand for that" had no influence whatsoever on his supporters present that day. Yes, it must be nothing more than a mere coincidence that this happened: ‘Trump said to do so’: Accounts of rioters who say the president spurred them to rush the Capitol could be pivotal testimony and this: Prior to Capitol riot, Proud Boys took Trump’s words as call to action.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's almost like the fringe element was doing what one Fringe element or another had been doing all summer long... just in a different place.

Upvote 0

Derek1234

Mar 11, 2021
London
✟24,724.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Riot. Singular.
The people should be treated no different than those who were rioting at other places.
Wow. We took a looooong time to get there, but you are now finally acknowledging that there was a riot at the Capitol on 06 January 2021.

That wasn't so hard, was it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Um, what does race have to do with it?

Ask the guy who brought it up:
iarwain said:
If she was an unarmed black woman at a leftist riot, I'm sure his identity would not have been withheld.

And there's the irony. If the insurrectionists were mostly black you and I both know the Capitol steps would have been running with blood. C'mon.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ask the guy who brought it up:

I don't know any such thing.
It's a weird assumption.

• Agree
Reactions: iarwain
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's almost like the fringe element was doing what one Fringe element or another had been doing all summer long... just in a different place.

Only they did it in bits and pieces back then, and pretended they were part of BLM or other protestors:

Far-right “Boogaloo boy” killed officer after using Black Lives Matter protest as cover: prosecutors
“Boogaloo boy” killed officer, used BLM protest as cover: prosecutors

'Boogaloo Bois' member charged in connection to shooting at Minneapolis police station during George Floyd protests
Prosecutors say Ivan Harrison Hunter, 26, fired 13 rounds from an AK-47 during Minneapolis protests in late May.
'Boogaloo Bois' member charged in connection to shooting at MN police station

Officials Say White Supremacists Infiltrated Black Lives Matter Protest in Richmond to Instigate Riots
Officials Say White Supremacists Infiltrated Black Lives Matter Protest in Richmond to Instigate Riots

The difference is, during the insurrection, they dropped all attempts at posing as leftists and went full Sturmabteilung.

Upvote 0