Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
That is not the same as your advice: "split up and both of you go on to better relationships." You put relationships in the plural meaning 2 different pairings. That is what I called unbiblical.

There are times when it just ain't worth it. Divorce is not the ultimate sin.

Upvote 0

TheRiz

Oct 29, 2018
NC
✟7,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Andy, it’s been a couple years since this thread. But I wanted to see if you had found any solutions. I would love to know. I could completely identify with your story and your wife’s perspective. I promise you, it is torturous on her side as well. It’s tough to be honest about feelings with someone you love, but it’s necessary, if for no other reason than to expose underlying unresolved issues.
I really hope you get a notification about this thread and that you can give an update on your situation. I am trying to reconcile the complexities of my feelings, my marriage, sexual desires, and most importantly God’s will for me. It’s. So. Difficult.
We are considering separation and I want to avoid that if at all possible.
Has anything changed for you since this post/thread?

Upvote 0

Charles Mayfield

Jul 13, 2020
San Antonio
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm also interested in an update.

I don't consider divorce unbiblical. I consider wasting the life that God has given us by choosing to stay in a dead marriage and family life where our lives are unable to grow in love and faith to be a far greater evil. The repercussions of such decisions ripple through children and their children and on it goes. Finding the right partner (or simply staying single) where a marriage cannot be fixed through therapy, prayer, and hard work is far better in fulfilling Jesus's promise for an abundant life.

Upvote 0