Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The OCA parishes I attended in the past had Christmas morning liturgies, but the Antiochian parish I attend (as well as the Antiochian parish I attended for a couple years before this one) have it on Christmas Eve. I prefer it on Christmas Eve, personally.

Also, bear in mind that once the sun sets on the 24, it IS the Feast of the Nativity. So a Christmas Eve liturgy IS a Christmas liturgy.
I had to work on Christmas Eve, until past the Christmas Eve service. I am pleased I was able to attend the Divine Liturgy this morning. Perhaps not as nice for our priest that he needed to do both, but I am certainly grateful that he did!

Upvote 0

peregrinus2017

Jun 17, 2017
British Columbia
✟216,968.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My parish had a service last night. I think it was a combined matins and liturgy. It was very beautiful. The feast together after was also wonderful. The two hour drive home at eleven, not so much, but at least the weather was good.
Christ is born.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Merry Christmas everyone, Christ is born, Glorify Him!

We're fortunate that we have a small chapel that can seat about 30 people which is perfect for smaller services. We had about 35 people for the Christmas day Liturgy so standing room only.

Upvote 0