✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The God of Israel is One God. The triune nature we speak of only pertains
to how mankind, in his limited state, is enabled to perceive God.

John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son,
who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

John 3:7 Do not marvel that I said to you, You must be born(again) from above.

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing.
The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

John 8:23 And He said to them, You are from beneath; I am from above.
You are of this world; I am not of this world.

God is Spirit, and man must first receive from Him directly into his spirit.
Ezekiel 3:10 Moreover He said to me: Son of man, receive into your heart
all My words that I speak to you, and hear with your ears.

1 Corinthians 2:
But God is revealed to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things,
yes, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is
in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God,
that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

Being a Christian, regardless of denomination, comes down to One Thing:
Spirit and Truth.

John 3:8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it,
but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes.
So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.
Dear one,
This is what we have heard:

not that ANYONE has seen the Father except He who is from God; He has seen the Father. -John 6:46

Yes, Christ who is from God; Yes, Christ has seen God.

Likewise, we heard :
For EVERYONE who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world'our faith. -1 John 5:4

So we who has been born of God is from God, for we are united in Christ. In Christ, we perceive the Father from what we have learned from Christ when He spoke to His disciples in John 14:9-14

About denominations, this is what we are called to pray for :

Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.-Romans 15:5-7 NKJV

So let us pray that we may be with one mind in Christ . Let us receive one another through the love of Christ. And thank God through Christ.

To God be the glory. Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think the Apostle John saw the Lord in a vision in Heaven when he was raptured up temporarily to write the book of Revelation, but the light was so powerful it was almost blinding and might have been blinding to at least some extent. We also know the Apostle Paul saw some view of the Lord on the road to Damascus in a similar way, taken in the Spirit, and as a result he was actually blind for a few days!

Paul tells us now we know in part, but a day is coming when we shall see our Lord face to face! What an awesome day that will be!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is noteworthy to see that man must not try to dichotomize God. As was stated: "no man has seen God" as He tells us; and Jesus said to His disciples that "if you have seen Me you have seen the Father". No man will see God except in Christ, for our Creator-God is a "Holy Spirit" manifest as a Man _Jesus, the Christ. God came down to Mary and became a Man with her holy child. When a saint goes to Heaven they will see the Lord Jesus (God manifest), and dwell with Him in the "Father's house", as stated (noting too: John 14: 6-9).

Upvote 0