USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am just wondering how do you know if the father has called you to Jesus?

You will have an unexplainable desire to search for truth...and start to question what it is you actually know....

And how do you know if you have true saving faith?

What is your definition of "saving faith?"

Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

• Agree
Reactions: honey badger
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is "drawing" us all.

John 12:32

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Don't wait for some type of glorious invitation...."whosoever" who will, can be saved. Just do as God asks, and you are in. It requires a few changes that are always good for us anyway, but nothing that hard to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And how do you know if you have true saving faith?
You will become aware that a new angle on life exists, seemingly a much better perspective and you will have a drive to seek the truth out about it. You will have a curiosity and drive to read all you can in the Bible about Jesus and what He said.

After exercising it in Jesus' redeeming work on the cross for you, you will have a peace and joy and contentment which passes all understanding.

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"No one can come to me unless the father draws him"

Calling and Drawing are not the same thing; they are not synonymous. For example:

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

The Greek word translated "called" in that verse is from a word that refers to invitations. In other words called in Matt 22:14 is polite rather than demanding, i.e. people are at liberty to accept or refuse-- it's their decision.

And then there's John 6:44.

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him"

The drawing spoken of in that passage is a bit more aggressive than calling. The Greek word primarily denotes dragging. In other words; the drawing is forceful: for example:

John 21:6 . . And he said unto them: Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.

Acts 21:30 . . And all the city was moved, and the people ran together: and they took Paul, and drew him out of the temple.

Jas 2:6 . . Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?

The drawing below merits special attention.

John 12:32 . . And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Quite a few people in the last couple of thousand years have lived out their entire lives and passed away without knowing one single thing about a Jew named Jesus Christ and/or his cross; so then what might be meant by this particular drawing? Well; I don't have a confident answer so I'll offer a suggestion.

Everyone must eventually be dragged into court for a face to face with God in judgment; a task that's been delegated to Christ.

John 5:22 . .The Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son

Acts 17:31 . . He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the man He has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.
_

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is only ok to have "flat, sad and frightened emotions" if we desire to have them. We should not desire for other to have or feel "ok" having them, unless they desire it or we would desire it for ourselves.

We are to have our hearts and mind guarded....allowing in only the thoughts and feelings we desire to be there....

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on

there are struggles though, you have to fight your flesh occasionally. It can get uproarious. All things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called to his purpose.
For me it’s a battle for the mind and purity. I have struggles but it’s ‘normal’. The can shake your faith, hang in there, trust God.

Upvote 0