Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Him who works ALL THINGS after the counsel of HIS OWN WILL ! : ALL THINGS : No such thing as a libertarian free will agent : It is an impossibility : There is only the will of God !

And therefore, since all creatures are merely marionettes on a string, controlled by God, God is the cause of all evil and suffering in the universe. I am not responsible for my bad behavior, because I am mindlessly and haplessly following a script which I cannot help but follow. Therefore every evil act of man or devil is, in fact, the act of God, because they are merely following God's will.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Him who works ALL THINGS after the counsel of HIS OWN WILL ! : ALL THINGS : No such thing as a libertarian free will agent : It is an impossibility : There is only the will of God !

I don't see how someone can have a soul if they don't have a choice.

• Agree
Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And therefore, since all creatures are merely marionettes on a string, controlled by God, God is the cause of all evil and suffering in the universe. I am not responsible for my bad behavior, because I am mindlessly and haplessly following a script which I cannot help but follow. Therefore every evil act of man or devil is, in fact, the act of God, because they are merely following God's will.

-CryptoLutheran
Yeah, can you see the flaw in that...?

Cause it's just simply not true... but many who want to be and do and act wickedly, cling to it though...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

-CryptoLutheran
Eph 1(11): This verse totally crushes your free will fairy tale to pieces !

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Eph 1(11): This verse totally crushes your free will fairy tale to pieces !

Funny how that passage says that God has predestined us in Christ, but doesn't say that God is the author of human and diabolical evil.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: HatGuy
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Funny how that passage says that God has predestined us in Christ, but doesn't say that God is the author of human and diabolical evil.

-CryptoLutheran
Yes, and it more than likely means our ending(s)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

-CryptoLutheran

To me God predestined according to what he foreknew. In other words he predestined those He knew would trust in him, for eternal life.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
To me God predestined according to what he foreknew. In other words he predestined those He knew would trust in him, for eternal life.

That's an Arminian approach, but it's not one I agree with. Scripture speaks of God predestining us, of God choosing us, and not us choosing God.

For Lutherans predestination isn't about God picking and choosing who will and won't be saved, but instead to bring us the comfort to know that God has chosen us in Christ, and the Gospel promise we have received is true and faithful. I am God's child, I belong to God, because I am a baptized Christian--I can know I am God's not by anything I find in myself, but instead of the external reality of God's word, as it is preached and also given through the Sacraments. I belong to God, how can I know this? Because the Gospel which I hear say so, because the Baptism which I received makes me Christ's, in the Lord's Supper I receive the body and blood of Jesus broken and shed for me. This Word comes to me, assures me of God's grace and promises, and by which I can in confidence say I belong to Jesus Christ because He says so.

It isn't about God simply knowing in advance, God actually has chosen us, and we can know this because of the promise we have from God in Jesus by the Gospel.

What this doesn't mean, is that God has rejected anyone, or that anyone is predestined to damnation; for we read clearly in Scripture that God desires that all be saved, that He is the Savior of all men. Christ died for everyone, because God loves everyone, and the Gospel is for everyone. God withholds His mercy from none, nobody is outside the scope of God's grace and salvation in Jesus Christ. From a Lutheran perspective, this is where Calvinism goes wrong. By saying that Christ only died for the elect, rather than for the whole world; by saying that God picks and chooses who will and won't be saved, rather than that it is the will of God that all be saved. It is true that God has predestined us in Christ to salvation, that we did not choose Him but that He chose us, apart from anything meritorious in ourselves (not even our own "yes"); but it is not true that God ignores or rejects anyone, the Gospel is clear, Christ died for the ungodly, the unworthy, the sinners--for everyone, and Christ and this Gospel is for everyone.

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums