are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Romans 13:8-11(NKJV)
8Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
9For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
10Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
11And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.

1 Corinthians 7:19(NKJV)
19Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

Luke 18:20(NKJV)
20You know the commandments...

you do know the commandments, don't you?
Yep I know the commandments.

I wonder how one can say he loves his neighbor and steals from him or lies about them. So does one fulfill the law by obedience to the law or by loving his neighbor as himself? Do folks here understand the double talk?

Yes sir just as I've been saying that is the SDA code. You mean by quoting the verse nothing matters besides keeping the ten commandments. IOW one doesn't need the Saviour because they can get the righteousness needed by the law giving them the right to eat from the tree of life. Whopps. Doesn't this contradict the very words of Jesus?

Yes sir your Luke reference to the same incident recorded in Mat 19 says one can get eternal life without Jesus. ehehehehehehe Read John 10 and 14.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
it's in rom 13:9, the part that says "you shall love your neighbor as yourself"!

look at this exchange Jesus had with one of the scribes:

Mark 12:28-31(NKJV)
28Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?”
29Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
30And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.
31And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these

the ten are summed up by these two!

the first four of the commandments show love toward God, and the other six show love toward our fellow man, or neighbor!

now, in rom 13:9, paul says "they are all summed up", but notice which ones he cited to say the last part of that verse!

and, 1cor 7:19 underscores all of that!
Isn't it interesting that Jesus didn't quote from the stone tablets when asked about the greatest law?

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yep I know the commandments.

I wonder how one can say he loves his neighbor and steals from him or lies about them. So does one fulfill the law by obedience to the law or by loving his neighbor as himself? Do folks here understand the double talk?

Yes sir just as I've been saying that is the SDA code. You mean by quoting the verse nothing matters besides keeping the ten commandments. IOW one doesn't need the Saviour because they can get the righteousness needed by the law giving them the right to eat from the tree of life. Whopps. Doesn't this contradict the very words of Jesus?

Yes sir your Luke reference to the same incident recorded in Mat 19 says one can get eternal life without Jesus. ehehehehehehe Read John 10 and 14.

it is interesting that i didn't say any of what you have written!

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Mosaic dispensation was temporary, and for the Jews and their temple worship, to which the now deceased priesthood was intertwined. In a word, it is a relic in salvation history. Source.

if you say so.

it seems as if you want to pick a fight!

Upvote 0
L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;

And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.

Hasn't God done what he said?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Source Scripture The Mosaic dispensation was temporary, and for the Jews and their temple worship, to which the now deceased priesthood was intertwined. In a word, it is a relic in salvation history. Source.
if you say so.

it seems as if you want to pick a fight!
Theological debates have been know to cause those ;)

images

Upvote 0