Dec 27, 2016
✟26,747.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have a spiritual problem. I don't long to be close to the Lord or know Him or love Him. Only when I'm in pain or hurting I come to Him and when I'm ok or getting better I go away again. Well, my physical pain has been so bad and my wicked heart uses it as an excuse to sin and so I idolise and do things other than spend time with God. I know it's wrong but continue until God convicts me. I have no longing to do anything for Him unless I feel I have to to save my soul. Like praying for others or myself or reading the bible. I'm dead spiritually. Few days ago I poured out my heart and felt less physical pain and prayed as hard as I could for others and liked it. But it went away fast. I'm driven solely by fear and I don't like reading the bible or anything Christian just magazines or doing what "I" want. How do I find passion for God or love Him? I feel bad because God doesn't deserve this when He loves me so much. I just want what I want to do. I have no love for Him. What do I do? I dont't feel bad or even believe any,ore in Him? am I reporobate? only csre about my soul?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunetly Christianity expects that you change your lifestyle. A total 180 degree turn around and even though most of us do that turn around slowly. The intent to change is there.

May I suggest two things.
1. checkout the christianity explored web site, to find a church running this course in your area.
That would enable you to meet with other people 'exploring Christianity' and to talk, discuss and ask questions about Christianity. There is no commitment to attend church.
2. have a look a websites like coldcasechristianity or toughquestionsanswered as a means of reading short articles on aspects of Christianity.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a spiritual problem. I don't long to be close to the Lord or know Him or love Him. Only when I'm in pain or hurting I come to Him and when I'm ok or getting better I go away again. Well, my physical pain has been so bad and my wicked heart uses it as an excuse to sin and so I idolise and do things other than spend time with God. I know it's wrong but continue until God convicts me. I have no longing to do anything for Him unless I feel I have to to save my soul. Like praying for others or myself or reading the bible. I'm dead spiritually. Few days ago I poured out my heart and felt less physical pain and prayed as hard as I could for others and liked it. But it went away fast. I'm driven solely by fear and I don't like reading the bible or anything Christian just magazines or doing what "I" want. How do I find passion for God or love Him? I feel bad because God doesn't deserve this when He loves me so much. I just want what I want to do. I have no love for Him. What do I do? I dont't feel bad or even believe any,ore in Him? am I reporobate? only csre about my soul?

Hi Jesus Girl,

Since you're experiencing ongoing pain, I'd just say that it's not uncommon for those who find themselves with constant challenges to have feelings that become 'numb' or 'disinterested.' It's kind of how the human psychology works. On some level, I'm sure God understands what you're going through and that your feelings can't always be amiable in such a case when undergoing constant pain.

With that said, do the best you can--keep praying, even when you think you feel nothing. Read small bits of Scripture when you feel you can't read. Try to talk out your feelings with fellow Christians who will listen and understand as Jesus Himself would listen and understand. Take one step in life at a time. Jesus knows it hurts...and we all have things in life we have to face and deal with as we can. We are only human, after all, and God never meant for us to be Stoic philosophers who just ignore the pain of life.

Jesus%20for%20Nursing.jpg

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's a mistake to want to feel God always, especially when that feeling can be our own self deception. Some of us aren't particularly passionate and we can loose our spiritual feelings but those aren't the sum of our Christian experience, rather Christ is. I think of Mother Teresa in this circumstance, she had to deal with not feeling God's love or spirit for much of her life. She described it as a darkness yet she didn't give up faith in God but persevered despite it.

I remember being very eager, a very hyper active Christian at first but now not so much. Yet I am thankful for those times of quiet those brief but precious reflections which allow me to know who God is and feel his love. I wouldn't worry about whether or not you are reprobate since that's not something your privy to until you die. Simply know who Christ is and what he has done for you, become Christocentric in your outlook instead of looking at yourself all the time in self doubt and depression.

Not all of us are called to feel God 24/7 or spend our life dedicated in prayer and reflection on God.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do I find passion for God or love Him?

If you love the least/smallest people of this world you do that to God.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Q:"How do I find passion for God or love Him?"
A: Find spiritual answers by mining the Bible...the "word of God"!
Are you a true born again from above spiritually changed John 3 / Ephesians 4 BELIEVER??

James 4:8 ...Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

SPIRITUALLY LOVING is not a polite request...it is a Biblical COMMAND!

LOVE COMMANDED

a. #1 = Love God + #2 = Love Neighbor AS SELF...the BIG TWO IN ORDER!...Luke 10: 25-29: Matthew 22: 37-40; Mark 12:30
b. Love "ONE ANOTHER" (believers) as I have loved you...John 13:34-35; John 15; 1 John 4
c. Love Enemies..Sermon on the Mount...the HARD ONE...Matthew 5: 43-48
d. ABIDE in God's Love..1 John; John 15
e. If you Love me, FOLLOW/ (serve) me...Matthew 16: 24-27; John 12:26
f. If you Love me, OBEY, TRUST etc...and ...Get the "good news" out!..Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15

The GOLDEN RULE "to treat others as I want to be treated" (Matt. 7:12)...good MAN-to-MAN ADVICE...not a COMMAND!

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1 Chronicles 28:9...David upon passing his Kingship to Soloman
“As for you, my son Solomon,
know the God of your father, and
serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind;
for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts.
If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;
but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Chronicles 28:9...David upon passing his Kingship to Soloman
“As for you, my son Solomon,
know the God of your father, and
serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind;
for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts.
If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;
but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.
Peter denied Christ and God didnt reject him forever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Peter denied Christ and God didn't reject him forever."
Peter denied Christ 3 times when confronted and accused of being a Christ-follower.
This was FORESEEN by The Christ. Peter NEVER forsook spiritually Jesus nor God.

Matthew 26:31[ Jesus Predicts Peter’s Denial ]
Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all "fall away" (APOSTASY) on account of me, for it is written:
“‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’

Matthew 26:75
Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken:
“Before the rooster crows, you will "disown" me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly.(spiritual remorse!)

John 21:17
The third time he said to him,
“Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?”
He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to have some of these traits. All you need to do is your best. Keep going back to the Lord and he will work it out over time. He has accepted you as you are. Cease striving to be worthy of salvation.

Upvote 0