✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 6:22-23
22 When you walk, they will lead you;
when you lie down, they will watch over you;
and when you awake, they will talk with you.
23 For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light,
and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life,

Romans 2:13
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;

Many are quick to say that the New Testament is all about love, not law, but what the same fail to realize is that the law of God defines how to love God and how to love others. The law and love are not against each other, but critically related. Sadly, so few realize this in the end, that our Lord declares that many fail to focus on the law of God, and thus the love of many grows cold.

The whole point of all of God's law is love, loving God, and loving others. It is when we abolish it (mostly because we misunderstand Paul according to Peter - 2 Peter 3:15-17) that it creates lawlessness.

Sure, we have plenty of grace (God loving us), but what about loving God and loving others?

The Law is God’s instructions on how to love God, how to love others, and how to not love yourself.

Exodus 20:6
But showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 5:10
But showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 11:13
And if you will indeed obey my commandments that I command you today, to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul….

Deuteronomy 11:22
For if you will be careful to do all this commandment that I command you to do, loving the Lord your God, walking in all his ways, and holding fast to him….

Deuteronomy 30:16
If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you today, by loving the Lord your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.

Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Leviticus 19:18
You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

Nehemiah 1:5
And I said, "O Lord God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments….”

Romans 13:9
The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Matthew 22:35-37
35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”

John 14:15
If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

John 14:21
Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.

The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

1 John 5:2-3
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.

Thus, no law, then no love, God's law is what the Bible defines as truth (Psalm 119:142).
Psalm 119:142
142 Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, And Your law is truth.

Anything contrary to God's law is a myth or fable, completely lacking the foundation of the Word. If you are not interested in loving God back or loving others through obedience to His law, then the Bible says we should question whether or not we have even received His grace!

1 John 2:4
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth (God's Word/Law) is not in him.

***NOT ALL LAWS APPLY TO EVERYONE***
If you arent a king, priest, command for woman only, command for men only, or any animal sacrifice, they dont apply to you!!

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟21,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 5:
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Genesis 26:
5 ..Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.​

1 John 5:
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.​

Revelation 22:
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.​

Ecclesiastes 12:
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.​

Amen Yahweh!

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This post made me somewhat sad. All this talk of love and how we need to love God and how well it was put forth, and not one single mention of the greatest act of love that makes it so we can love God.
Jesus gave even a greater commandment, we are to love others as He loved us.
And John said, we love Him because He first loved us.

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟21,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 28:
18 And Yahushua came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.​

John 14:
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

These verses are like a breath of fresh air!

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 6:22-23
22 When you walk, they will lead you;
when you lie down, they will watch over you;
and when you awake, they will talk with you.
23 For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light,
and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life,

Romans 2:13
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;

Many are quick to say that the New Testament is all about love, not law, but what the same fail to realize is that the law of God defines how to love God and how to love others. The law and love are not against each other, but critically related. Sadly, so few realize this in the end, that our Lord declares that many fail to focus on the law of God, and thus the love of many grows cold.

The whole point of all of God's law is love, loving God, and loving others. It is when we abolish it (mostly because we misunderstand Paul according to Peter - 2 Peter 3:15-17) that it creates lawlessness.

Sure, we have plenty of grace (God loving us), but what about loving God and loving others?

The Law is God’s instructions on how to love God, how to love others, and how to not love yourself.

Exodus 20:6

Deuteronomy 5:10

Deuteronomy 11:13
And if you will indeed obey my commandments that I command you today, to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul….

Deuteronomy 11:22
For if you will be careful to do all this commandment that I command you to do, loving the Lord your God, walking in all his ways, and holding fast to him….

Deuteronomy 30:16
If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you today, by loving the Lord your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.

Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Leviticus 19:18
You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

Nehemiah 1:5
And I said, "O Lord God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments….”

Matthew 22:35-37
35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”

John 14:15
If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

John 14:21
Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.

1 John 5:2-3
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.

Thus, no law, then no love, God's law is what the Bible defines as truth (Psalm 119:142).
Psalm 119:142
142 Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, And Your law is truth.

Anything contrary to God's law is a myth or fable, completely lacking the foundation of the Word. If you are not interested in loving God back or loving others through obedience to His law, then the Bible says we should question whether or not we have even received His grace!

1 John 2:4
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth (God's Word/Law) is not in him.

***NOT ALL LAWS APPLY TO EVERYONE***
If you arent a king, priest, command for woman only, command for men only, or any animal sacrifice, they dont apply to you!!
I think you don't know what your talking about and you don't obey the law.
And no one ever has obeyed the law except Christ.

Romans chapter 4
13 It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14 For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless, 15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you don't know what your talking about and you don't obey the law.
And no one ever has obeyed the law except Christ.

Romans chapter 4
13 It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14 For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless, 15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

You have an entire bible full of people keeping Gods commands.

No one has ever obeyed the law PERFECTLY except Christ, that is what made him the Messiah, as he fulfilled all the prophesies about him and never sinned, so he became our blood sacrifice when he died and rose and the blood of animals are no longer needed.

God doesnt not expect perfection out of us, as he knows we are just flesh. But to strive for perfection does show where your heart is and willingness to obey God. I am not saying reject Jesus and rely on commandment keeping for salvation, as his blood and accepting him as your savior is the only thing that can give you salvation.

Its utter insanity when Christians say, since I cant keep the commands perfectly, I dont need to try at all. Thats like me saying since i can never keep the road laws perfectly why bother, so ill now ignore stop sings, go 30-40 mph over the limit and drive on whatever side of the road.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its utter insanity when Christians say, since I cant keep the commands perfectly, I dont need to try at all. Thats like me saying since i can never keep the road laws perfectly why bother, so ill now ignore stop sings, go 30-40 mph over the limit and drive on whatever side of the road.
I don't know of any Christians who say because they are not under the law they can just go out and live in sin.
We let the Holy Spirit working through us keep the law. If we follow Him, He will never lead us to break the law.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't know of any Christians who say because they are not under the law they can just go out and live in sin.
We let the Holy Spirit working through us keep the law. If we follow Him, He will never lead us to break the law.

I left a church; as for seven years, I pointed out to the Pastor that he was breaking all sorts of laws. I didn't leave because he was breaking the laws; but instead because he refused to recognize that they applied to him.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I left a church; as for seven years, I pointed out to the Pastor that he was breaking all sorts of laws. I didn't leave because he was breaking the laws; but instead because he refused to recognize that they applied to him.
Ah yes those in authority positions are above the law they use to control others. It's clearly about something other than God.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have an entire bible full of people keeping Gods commands.

No one has ever obeyed the law PERFECTLY except Christ, that is what made him the Messiah, as he fulfilled all the prophesies about him and never sinned, so he became our blood sacrifice when he died and rose and the blood of animals are no longer needed.

God doesnt not expect perfection out of us, as he knows we are just flesh. But to strive for perfection does show where your heart is and willingness to obey God. I am not saying reject Jesus and rely on commandment keeping for salvation, as his blood and accepting him as your savior is the only thing that can give you salvation.

1 John chapter 2 verse 2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus died for the sins of the world.

You drive people away from God.

Matthew chapter 12 verse 30
"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums