Red Deer
✟15,232.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I played a game for the second time called Earthbound recently and an hour ago I decided to research the game for fun. the game is about a boy named Ness who is a natural psychic who uses his power top save the world. the kind of psychic is PSI. when I played it I thought nothing of it. because I thought psychic was completely separate from witchcraft. when researching I found it had something to do with magic and now I'm not sure if (as a Christian) I can keep playing this. I didn't even know it was a sin to be psychic. but the kind of thing he does isn't like others is just causing status effects. the game does have any fortune telling or anything like that either it's more like superheroes. they never mention demons or reading minds or telling the future or stuff like that. am I still okay to play it? I really hope I still can it's my favorite game.it hasn't even made me think to sin so I hope im okay to do it still.

Gene Parmesan

Apr 4, 2017
Earth
✟36,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, but you already played the game.
kdxj4gJ.gif

Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟28,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel the way you feel. I stopped playing most games, even my favorite rpgs because of this fact.

The solution that I have settled on is to stop playing rpgs entirely, but from time to time I listen to the soundtrack from my favorite one, which helps me while I study the Bible.

I do think Christ and our Father Yahweh in heaven appreciate these kind of sacrifices. Much love!

Neal

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seek2bboldwitness

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
OBX
✟47,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I don't play games on my computer or smartphone. Well, other than Solitaire. I know, boring. Obviously you are cognizant of what the Word has to say on the matter, but one thing I'll add is that whether it is a sin or not, it is not the unforgivable sin. I'm not encouraging you to continue and I know many will consider it a wilful sin but I'm not in the business of handing out judgement, that is God's purview.

Upvote 0