Politics
US-Democrat

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
I'd be curious how many "national monuments" they claim in Texas.

tx.gif

Upvote 0

Daywolf

Ferret snacks!
Feb 22, 2006
Out of Zion!
✟15,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well after all, Chicago has better pizza… not even Godzilla made the list, eh? I always thought we should send that silly statue back to the French, anyway. Ugh
I think we need to pull our resources and protect the Hollywood sign! Either that or those dinosaur statues I see on the way to Vegas. Do you think that if we built a real fence on the Mexico-US border to keep out terrorists that it may make the list? ..hmmm somehow I think my guess would be no.

I wonder if the WTC would have made the list, before the first or second attack. I wonder if it made some list after the first attack in the underground parking lot…

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
EDIT: Now, I'm not sure if the Statue of Liberty, as it stands on Liberty Island, is under the umbrella of New York City for the purposes of this bill's protection. If it is, though, the one question every one of us should be asking ourselves is: why didn't the Statue of Liberty make the list?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
EDIT: Now, I'm not sure if the Statue of Liberty, as it stands on Liberty Island, is under the umbrella of New York City for the purposes of this bill's protection. If it is, though, the one question every one of us should be asking ourselves is: why didn't the Statue of Liberty make the list?

Liberty Island is closer to New Jersey -- My guess is it counts for them.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Nathan Poe said:
Apparantly not if it criticizes the administration.

Liberty Island is closer to New Jersey -- My guess is it counts for them.
I thought that, too, until I checked and noticed that Liberty Island is legally part of New York State and has been since 1664.
Wikipedia.org said:
Although Liberty Island is closer to New Jersey than to New York, and its physical location is within the borders of Hudson County, New Jersey, Liberty Island has been part of New York since the issuance in 1664 of the colonial charter that created New Jersey (see charter text). Portions of nearby Ellis Island that were formed by subsequent landfilling are, under a Supreme Court decision, part of New Jersey, but that decision had no effect on Liberty Island. The island is owned by the federal government and is administered by the National Park Service. (For additional details, see Liberty Island).

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Dannager said:
I thought that, too, until I checked and noticed that Liberty Island is legally part of New York State and has been since 1664.

Nevertheless, while New York City's funding has been slashed by about 40%, the Jersey City/Newark funding was increased.

I'm guessing the Feds are counting Liberty Island as part of NJ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
MethodMan said:
How much capital invesment does the country send to a city run by liberals that don't see the need to fight the WOT?

So Bush only helps his political allies fight terrorism? If you're not a conservative Republican, you can get blown up for all he cares?

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nathan Poe said:
So Bush only helps his political allies fight terrorism? If you're not a conservative Republican, you can get blown up for all he cares?

So you ignore the hypocrisy of complaining then?

Upvote 0

Ampoliros

I'm my own wireless hotspot
May 15, 2004
Mars - IN MY MIND!
✟9,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
MethodMan said:
So you ignore the hypocrisy of complaining then?

And you ignore the utter absurdity of "If you don't support the Bush administrations actions, you don't deserve protection?"

Unbelievable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ampoliros said:
And you ignore the utter absurdity of "If you don't support the Bush administrations actions, you don't deserve protection?"

Unbelievable.

Absurd that anyone makes that claim, yes.:wave:

Upvote 0

CaligulaNero

Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
South
✟17,185.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
People in New York are fine in fighting the war on terror, as am I. They are simply opposed to invading nations at random and having our troops killed for absolutely no reason. New York is the financial center of this country and vastly more important strategically than any other city, plus it is full of icons- Empire State Bldg., Grant's tomb, Crysler bldg., Rockefeller Center, etc.

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CaligulaNero said:
People in New York are fine in fighting the war on terror, as am I. They are simply opposed to invading nations at random and having our troops killed for absolutely no reason. New York is the financial center of this country and vastly more important strategically than any other city, plus it is full of icons- Empire State Bldg., Grant's tomb, Crysler bldg., Rockefeller Center, etc.

Ok - Now itemize the money spent last budget. How much was the capital investment?

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I think we need to look at what the real issue here is. Most of the paper are upset the money orginally sent to NY will now go to rural areas. NY has a good bit of money in their budget for anti-terror items I'm sure. What about a small town in Kentucky who has to fence in a water treatment plant or train staff? They need help too. I realize saying NY has no icons is crazy, you think they could justify the money being moved around some other way.

Upvote 0
NothingButTheBlood said:
I think we need to look at what the real issue here is. Most of the paper are upset the money orginally sent to NY will now go to rural areas. NY has a good bit of money in their budget for anti-terror items I'm sure. What about a small town in Kentucky who has to fence in a water treatment plant or train staff? They need help too. I realize saying NY has no icons is crazy, you think they could justify the money being moved around some other way.
Since when do terrorists strike small towns in Kentucky?

Upvote 0