• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

No, I don't think there is one...

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by The Barbarian, Jan 24, 2020.

1. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+5,785
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    ...“Can you give me one more example, one other example of anywhere where President Trump has ever expressed concern about corruption?” he asked. “Russia, Saudi Arabia, Israel — is there any example you can point to where President Trump expressed any concern about corruption?”

“Sure I can, if you want me to send you a long list…” Lankford began.

“Just give me a couple examples,” Tapper pressed.

“You’re trying to put me on the spot to be able to talk about international world policy!” a defensive Lankford shot back.
    GOP senator flops hard when CNN’s Tapper asks him to name one case where Trump cared about foreign corruption

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,715
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Tapper should have asked for the list, not asking makes it look like he just wanted a quick, public statement and really doesn't care about the facts.
    Lankford is the wrong Republican to go head to head with, he isn't a Kevin McCarthy. Lankford is smart and well-spoken.

3. The Barbarian

+5,785
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Yes, that would have been even better. But Lankford clearly let himself be cornered on that one.

4. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+23,400
    Anglican
    Married
    Lankford obviously doesn't care for the tactics that were being used on him. But as to the question--name one other country about which President Trump has ever expressed concern about corruption--there are many. Included in that list are Gambia, Serbia, Venezuela, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nicaragua, and Uzbekistan among others.

5. The Barbarian

+5,785
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Being asked to substantiate his claim was, in Lankford's mind, a dirty trick. Who asks politicians to support their claims the way Tapper did? Next people will be expecting them tell the truth.

So far, no one has been able to show us one. But that's the way things go. I do remember Trump being all worked up because the U.S. and our allies pressured Ukraine to remove a corrupt prosecutor. I remember Trump being infuriated that it was a crime for U.S. companies to bribe government officials.

Is that what you meant?

6. Kanarosik

Kanarosik New Member

+0
    Belarus
    Charismatic
    Widowed