No future US role in peace process ! (reviewing Daniel Peace Deal )

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Abbas says no future US role in peace process, threatens to void past agreements
Abbas just said no future US role in peace process.

Jared Kushner's effort to revive peace talks at the end of August 2017 has failed.
Jared Kushner visited the Middle East this week to revive peace talks with Israeli and Palestinian leaders — here’s how it unfolded
59a04f4a6eac401c008b4d8c.jpg

And now the US has been put aside from the role of peace maker between Israel-Arab.
It leaves this as the only man who is capable to make that Peace Agreement.
la-fg-pope-francis-israel-palestinian-peace-20140608

You cannot make Peace with a Nobel medal and a certificate. No future US role.
Obama-Peace-Prize-2.jpg

Daniel 9:26 ... and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary...
Its the people of the Roman who destroyed the Temple.

27 And he (that Roman Prince) shall confirm the covenant with many for ONE WEEK...
ONE WEEK : the final WEEK of the 70th week of Daniel. which is the 7 years of grief tribulation.

I'm not saying that Pope will be the Roman Peace Maker mentioned in Daniel,
we should not precede God by all means as to who will make the Peace Deal, this is just a review of Daniel prophecy.

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your chart is wrong because the final 1 week has not come yet and
(7 years of Tribulation) will only come after the Gospel is preached in the whole world first,
then the end will come.

Matt 24:14 "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

This present Church Age is not known to Daniel
Ep 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

So Daniel 9:26 and 27 is separated by the Present Church Age.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Abbas says no future US role in peace process, threatens to void past agreements
Abbas just said no future US role in peace process.

Jared Kushner's effort to revive peace talks at the end of August 2017 has failed.
Jared Kushner visited the Middle East this week to revive peace talks with Israeli and Palestinian leaders — here’s how it unfolded
59a04f4a6eac401c008b4d8c.jpg

And now the US has been put aside from the role of peace maker between Israel-Arab.
It leaves this as the only man who is capable to make that Peace Agreement.
la-fg-pope-francis-israel-palestinian-peace-20140608

You cannot make Peace with a Nobel medal and a certificate. No future US role.
Obama-Peace-Prize-2.jpg

Daniel 9:26 ... and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary...
Its the people of the Roman who destroyed the Temple.

27 And he (that Roman Prince) shall confirm the covenant with many for ONE WEEK...
ONE WEEK : the final WEEK of the 70th week of Daniel. which is the 7 years of grief tribulation.

I'm not saying that Pope will be the Roman Peace Maker mentioned in Daniel,
we should not precede God by all means as to who will make the Peace Deal, this is just a review of Daniel prophecy.

The 70th Week of Daniel:

Daniel chapter 9 is the timeline of the New Covenant Messiah revealed by the angel Gabriel. Daniel was reading from the Book of Jeremiah when the angel appeared. The New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah is found in Jeremiah 31:31-34. Were the 490 years completed during the first century?

The following comes from the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America. It reflects the understanding of Bible scholars of that time.

Dan 9:27 And he shal confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the middes of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of the abominations, he shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation determined shalbe powred vpon the desolate.

Daniel 9:27

And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

...........................................................................................

Based on what is found in the 1599 Geneva Bible, Daniel 9:27 is a reference to the New Covenant fulfilled during the first century. Christ told the Jewish leadership that their house would be left “desolate” in Matthew 23:38. The scriptural reference beside of Daniel 9:27 in my NKJV Bible is Matthew 26:28, which refers to the New Covenant of Christ.

Daniel 9:24 is a summary of the 70 weeks prophecy. What evidence do we have that it was fulfilled during the first century?

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

God anointed His Son at His baptism.

Christ is the New Covenant Messiah who made an end of sin and made reconciliation for iniquity at Calvary.

Therefore, Christ fulfilled the summary of Daniel 9:24 almost 2,000 years ago.

Was there a period of about 7 years when the Gospel was taken first to Daniel’s people during the first century, before Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles?

It is commonly believed by many Bible scholars that Christ’s earthly ministry lasted about 3 ½ years.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

In the passage above Christ sent the twelve first to preach the Gospel to Israel.

Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

In the passage above Paul reveals that it was about 3 years after his conversion before he began his ministry to the Gentiles.

3 ½ years + time from Calvary to Paul's conversion + 3 years = ?

Was the Gospel taken to Daniel’s people for about 7 years, before Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles?

Many modern Christians have been taught that the 70th week of Daniel lies in the future. They have never been presented with the idea that Daniel 9:27 is about the New Covenant fulfilled in the Blood of Christ at Calvary. Are we to believe that the angel Gabriel came to reveal the timeline of the New Covenant Messiah and then forgot to mention the New Covenant?

Have some taken this verse and turned it into an antichrist verse by adding an antichrist not found in the chapter? Can anyone show a singular antecedent in the chapter for an antichrist? Is there a gap of time in the chapter of almost 2,000 years? If I agree to paint your house “after” 69 weeks, it will not be painted until the 70th week or later. If Christ was “cut off” “after” the 69 weeks was finished, it would have been during the 70th week.

Based on the scripture found above and the understanding found in the notes of the 1599 Geneva Bible, the only way a person can see the 70th week of Daniel is in a time machine set to return them to the first century.

.................................................................................................

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If Jesus fulfilled the Dan.9:27 prophecy, then we are all mistakedly worshiping the wrong Christ, because Jesus never made any 7 year covenant and then broke it in the middle, nor did He place the abomination of desolation which Dan.9:27 is pointing to. It's the "vile person" of Dan.11 that places that abomination that makes the temple desolate. So to say Jesus is Who is being spoken of fulfilling that in Dan.9:27 is to indirectly label Jesus as that "vile person".

There are so many things wrong with such a theory that Dan.9:27 is about Jesus that one could even raise the question if such a doctrine was fabricated by the unbelieving Pharisees themselves!

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus fulfilled the Dan.9:27 prophecy, then we are all mistakedly worshiping the wrong Christ, because Jesus never made any 7 year covenant and then broke it in the middle, nor did He place the abomination of desolation which Dan.9:27 is pointing to. It's the "vile person" of Dan.11 that places that abomination that makes the temple desolate. So to say Jesus is Who is being spoken of fulfilling that in Dan.9:27 is to indirectly label Jesus as that "vile person".

There are so many things wrong with such a theory that Dan.9:27 is about Jesus that one could even raise the question if such a doctrine was fabricated by the unbelieving Pharisees themselves!

Dispensational Theology has added an antichrist not found in Daniel chapter 9.

Can you show a singular antecedent in the passage for an antichrist?

Do you think the angel Gabriel came to reveal the New Covenant Messiah and then "forgot" to mention the New Covenant?

As for the word "desolate" in the verse, below is a direct quote from Christ.

Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The text above does not say a covenant is broken in the middle of the week.
It says the sacrifices and oblation cease in the middle of the week.
Why did God rip the temple veil in half at the moment Christ died at Calvary, unless it was to show that animal sacrifices were finished?

Mat_27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mar_15:38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

Luk_23:45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

Daniel 9:27 is one of the pillars of modern Dispensational Theology.

Once a person comes to understand that the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, the whole system of Dispensational Theology falls apart.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Your chart is wrong because the final 1 week has not come yet and
(7 years of Tribulation) will only come after the Gospel is preached in the whole world first,
then the end will come.

Matt 24:14 "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

This present Church Age is not known to Daniel
Ep 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

So Daniel 9:26 and 27 is separated by the Present Church Age.
These charts showing 2300 days are bogus, then they make them even worse by fabricating them into 2300 years. The 2300 doesn't even mean days, the Hebrew tells us what means.

WATCH THIS !

Daniel 8:14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed (Been Defiled).

Hebrew OT - Transliteration - Holy Name KJV
Daniyel / Daniel 8 (Below)

Daniel 8:14 And he said 559 z8799 unto x413 me, Unto x5704 two thousand 505 and three 7969 hundred 3967 days; 6153 1242 then shall the sanctuary 6944 be cleansed. 6663 z8738

Notice the TWO NUMBERS referencing Days? Why is there two numbers behind this one word? Because its really two words that was used, NOT ONE, the Translators put days there which is totally wrong. Now lets delve into this to see what it really means.

6156 is the Hebrew word EREB meaning Dusk/Sunset.

1242 is the Hebrew word BOQER meaning Dawn/Break of day/Morning.

Now lets back up one verse to add context to see what the 2300 is speaking about, since it is not 2300 days, thus it has to be something else.

Dan. 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily [sacrifice-ADDED BY TRANSLATORS] , and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days (Dusks and Dawns); then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

So does this make sense now? Daniel understood these were about a "DAILY SACRIFICE" so to speak and just what did that mean unto Daniel? Lets go to Dan. 9 where we see Daniel in prayer.

Dan. 9:20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God;

21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation. {So if there is an Evening Oblation (prayer) there must be a Morning Oblation (prayer or Tribute/SACRIFICE OF ONES SELF/TIME}.

Notice in the Hebrew the word Sacrifice doesn't appear in verse 11, its just the DAILY (Sacrifice is added !! SEE BELOW)

Dan. 8:11 Yea, he magnified 1431 z8689 [himself] even to x5704 the prince 8269 of the host, 6635 and by x4480 him the daily 8548 [sacrifice] was taken away, 7311 z8717 z8675 z8689 and the place 4349 of his sanctuary 4720 was cast down. 7993 z8717

HIMSELF was added (I think correctly) SACRIFICE was added and it seems to mean DAILY OBLATION or PRAYER instead of Sacrifice. The Morning and the Evening Oblation is taken away. The Anti-Christ does not allow a TRIBUTE unto God, in my opinion it will be unto Jesus, thus the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION is not a Sacrificial Ritual of animals being taken away from the Jewish peoples, it is the Anti-Christ not allowing them to pay tribute via an Oblation/Prayer unto their God, and since as I understand it, via the scriptures, Israel have repented BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD, this means the Abomination of Desolation forbids Israel from paying tribute to Jesus/God who paid the ultimate price for their sins, a Death upon the Cross, and the Beast substitutes an Image of himself in the Temple of God, thus he DEFILES THE TEMPLE for 2300 EVENING and MORNING Oblations or 1150 Days.

So the 2300 Days is of course NONSENSE. Thus the 2300 years is also nonsense. The 1150 Days via the 2300 Evenings and Mornings fits inside the 1260 Days the Beat rules, so it FITS PROPERLY NOW !!

I love the scriptures, they always solve our riddles if we allow them to.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These charts showing 2300 days are bogus, then they make them even worse by fabricating them into 2300 years. The 2300 doesn't even mean days, the Hebrew tells us what means.

WATCH THIS !

Daniel 8:14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed (Been Defiled).

Hebrew OT - Transliteration - Holy Name KJV
Daniyel / Daniel 8 (Below)

Daniel 8:14 And he said 559 z8799 unto x413 me, Unto x5704 two thousand 505 and three 7969 hundred 3967 days; 6153 1242 then shall the sanctuary 6944 be cleansed. 6663 z8738

Notice the TWO NUMBERS referencing Days? Why is there two numbers behind this one word? Because its really two words that was used, NOT ONE, the Translators put days there which is totally wrong. Now lets delve into this to see what it really means.

6156 is the Hebrew word EREB meaning Dusk/Sunset.

1242 is the Hebrew word BOQER meaning Dawn/Break of day/Morning.

Now lets back up one verse to add context to see what the 2300 is speaking about, since it is not 2300 days, thus it has to be something else.

Dan. 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily [sacrifice-ADDED BY TRANSLATORS] , and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days (Dusks and Dawns); then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

So does this make sense now? Daniel understood these were about a "DAILY SACRIFICE" so to speak and just what did that mean unto Daniel? Lets go to Dan. 9 where we see Daniel in prayer.

Dan. 9:20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God;

21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation. {So if there is an Evening Oblation (prayer) there must be a Morning Oblation (prayer or SACRIFICE}.

Notice in the Hebrew the word Sacrifice doesn't appear in verse 11, its just the DAILY (Sacrifice is added !! SEE BELOW)

Dan. 8:11 Yea, he magnified 1431 z8689 [himself] even to x5704 the prince 8269 of the host, 6635 and by x4480 him the daily 8548 [sacrifice] was taken away, 7311 z8717 z8675 z8689 and the place 4349 of his sanctuary 4720 was cast down. 7993 z8717

HIMSELF was added (I think correctly) SACRIFICE was added and it seems to mean DAILY OBLATION or PRAYER instead of Sacrifice. The Morning and the Evening Oblation is taken away. The Anti-Christ does not allow a TRIBUTE unto God, in my opinion it will be unto Jesus, thus the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION is not a Sacrificial Ritual of animals being taken away from the Jewish peoples, it is the Anti-Christ not allowing them to pay tribute via an Oblation/Prayer unto their God, and since as I understand it, via the scriptures, Israel have repented BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD, this means the Abomination of Desolation forbids Israel from paying tribute to Jesus/God who paid the ultimate price for their sins, a Death upon the Cross, and the Beast substitutes an Image of himself in the Temple of God, thus he DEFILES THE TEMPLE for 2300 EVENING and MORNING Oblations or 1150 Days.

So the 2300 Days is of course NONSENSE. Thus the 2300 years is also nonsense. The 1150 Days via the 2300 Evenings and Mornings fits inside the 1260 Days the Beat rules, so it FITS PROPERLY NOW !!

I love the scriptures, they always solve our riddles if we allow them to.
The 2300 could be subject to debate.

What is not subject to debate are the continuous contiguous 70 weeks, with an undecapitated 70th week in which Christ fulfills and accomplishes everything recorded in Daniel 9:24.

Daniel 9
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Those of the dispensational persuasion would have us believe that the accomplishments enumerated in Daniel 9:24 are not yet in fact accomplishments at all, but remain unfulfilled and delayed, and will only become reality at some indeterminate time in the future, when a millennial kingdom is established. The following assertion by Chuck Missler is typical:
“The scope of this prophecy includes a broad list of things which clearly have yet to be completed.”

Let us consult with the Apostle Peter.

2 Peter 1
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

What would have been the sources of Peter's conviction about a more sure word of prophecy?

One of them was undoubtedly this -- the Emmaus road experience with Jesus -- of which Peter, if not in fact present as the unnamed second disciple, would have been made well aware. Jesus' admonition was rather pointed:

Luke 24
Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Peter was with all of the other disciples who heard this from Jesus:

Luke 24
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures

Peter would certainly have been aware of this:

Acts 13
And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

Given what Peter had to say, and of what he was aware; how would Peter have viewed Daniel 9:24?

Undoubtedly he would have asked the following:

From Luke 24:25, does what is written in Daniel 9:24 qualify as being among all that the prophets have spoken?

Unquestionably it does.

From Luke 24:27, does what is written in Daniel 9:24 qualify as being among what had been spoken of Christ concerning Himself?

Unquestionably it does.

Then Peter would have of necessity reached an inexorable conclusion:

According to Christ's own words in Luke 24:44, and Paul's inspired words in Acts 13:29; Christ fulfilled everything that was written of Him, which without exception included everything in Daniel 9:24; by the time of His resurrection. Through Christ's completed work at Calvary, there was nothing left undone of the enumerated accomplishments in Daniel's inspired prophecy. All were fulfilled. Nothing remained to await a future age.

It was the epitome of fulfilled spiritual reality – past, present, and for eternity.

This is how Peter would have viewed Daniel 9:24.

This is why he could declare unreservedly that we have a more sure word of prophecy.

And this is why, contrary to Bro. Missler, we too can recognize and claim that more sure word of prophecy, and the completion and fulfillment of “all that was written of Him” in the inspired words of Daniel 9:24.

Praise to the Lamb, and His complete and perfect accomplishments at Calvary.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus fulfilled the Dan.9:27 prophecy, then we are all mistakedly worshiping the wrong Christ, because Jesus never made any 7 year covenant and then broke it in the middle, nor did He place the abomination of desolation which

You are absolutely right Davy, Berean also say that Jesus will lead astray repeteadly so many times which is not Biblical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thats a good question Bro. Are they just unbelieving Pharisees.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are absolutely right Davy, Berean also say that Jesus will lead astray repeteadly so many times which is not Biblical.

The following is from the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America.

It was written over 350 years before I was born.

Dan 9:27 And he shal confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the middes of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of the abominations, he shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation determined shalbe powred vpon the desolate.

And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

The scriptural reference beside of Daniel 9:27 in my NKJV Bible is Matthew 26:28.

Upvote 0

Davy

Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The following is from the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America.

It was written over 350 years before I was born.

Without continuing about those events in Dan.11 which link to it makes any... argument that it could be about Jesus moot.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, but I do wonder whether the 'veil' is still upon them.

Then the very same "veil" must have been upon those who produced both the 1599 Geneva Bible, and the New King James Bible.

Maybe the veil is on those, who have refused to see the New Covenant of Jesus Christ.

2Co 3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 
2Co 3:7  But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 
2Co 3:8  how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 
2Co 3:9  For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 
2Co 3:10  For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 
2Co 3:11  For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious. 
2Co 3:12  Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— 
2Co 3:13  unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 
2Co 3:14
  But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 
2Co 3:15  But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 
2Co 3:16  Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 

Jer_31:31  "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24  And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20  Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25  In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15  And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

NKJV

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jer_31:31  "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—
As has been explained by Davy, Jesus never made a 7 years covenant and betray it in the middle way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As has been explained by Davy, Jesus never made a 7 years covenant and betray it in the middle way.

That is a good thing, because that is not what the text says.
There is nothing in Daniel 9:27 about the breaking of a covenant.

From the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America.

...................................................................................

As explained by Dr. Kelly Varner, the text is about the New Covenant.

Mar_15:38 Then the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0