No evidence of Russian 'play' to help Trump -- poll

Will Russia try to disturb our elections for their benefit ?

• Yes

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Done by most big countries around the world

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No evidence of Russian 'play' to help Trump; briefer may have 'overstated' intelligence, official says

Contrary to numerous recent media reports, there is no evidence to suggest that Russia is making a specific "play" to boost President Trump's reelection bid, a U.S. intelligence official told Fox News on Sunday.

In addition, top U.S. election official Shelby Pierson, who briefed Congress on Russian election interference efforts, may have overstated intelligence regarding the issue when speaking to the House Intelligence Committee earlier this month, the source added.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No evidence of Russian 'play' to help Trump; briefer may have 'overstated' intelligence, official says

Contrary to numerous recent media reports, there is no evidence to suggest that Russia is making a specific "play" to boost President Trump's reelection bid, a U.S. intelligence official told Fox News on Sunday.

In addition, top U.S. election official Shelby Pierson, who briefed Congress on Russian election interference efforts, may have overstated intelligence regarding the issue when speaking to the House Intelligence Committee earlier this month, the source added.

Remind me again: Do we trust unnamed government sources this week, or not?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Claiming there's no evidence of a Russian play to help Trump again is up there with claiming there's just not enough evidence to support that the Earth isn't flat. I mean it's just making Trump's base look terribly silly.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Lazarus Long

Feb 1, 2020
Melbourne
✟4,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Not even Trump trusts the US intelligence services.:ebil:

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not even Trump trusts the US intelligence services.:ebil:

Perhaps he does now that he fired the last guy who didn't say what he wanted Congress to hear.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Let's take a couple steps back here.
90% of Trump's decisions and actions in the region have had a DIRECT or indirect benefit to Russia.

Tell me why Russia would WANT anyone else? Russia is better today because of Trump in office.

Also, if numerous reports AND individuals in the state department are willing to go on record saying Russia is interfering, exactly how much weight and gravitas would do you give to someone who won't say their name in a media report?
What would he have to be scared about? Trump ain't gonna boot him.

Would he be scared of his coworkers? Why? because he's contradicting findings, evidence and reports? Well if he is, then certainly he's incompetent at his job and shouldn't be doing it.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Reality. Go check it out.

Problem is, if I quote a newspaper that has ANYWHERE near journalistic integrity, that explains how this has happenned, they get dismissed as a trump haters and not recognized as good journalists.

So help me understand what the point of that would be? I have a few sources if you can convince me to waste my time to put it up though.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reality. Go check it out.

Problem is, if I quote a newspaper that has ANYWHERE near journalistic integrity, that explains how this has happenned, they get dismissed as a trump haters and not recognized as good journalists.

So help me understand what the point of that would be? I have a few sources if you can convince me to waste my time to put it up though.

Be happy to check out any source you care to put forward. I won't dismiss then off hand but I won't simply take their word for it unless they can substantiate their opinions with good factual evidence. Had you said something like IMO Trump 's policies have benefitted Russia to the point that they would want him ito remain in office. I would not ask for a source. Stating categorically

90% of Trump's decisions and actions in the region have had a DIRECT or indirect benefit to Russia.

requires some sort of statistical analysis to back it up. When one starts using percentages it leaves one open to that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums