• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

No Eucharist

Discussion in 'Theologia Crucis - Lutherans' started by Daniel9v9, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+759
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    I enjoyed a couple of your videos. I got a chuckle out of your pastor wearing an English surplice though. He could pass for a broad church Anglican.

2. MarkRohfrietsch

MarkRohfrietsch Unapologetic Apologist Supporter

+4,125
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Married
    He would take that as a compliment.

We are in "lock-down" again, so tonight's service is Evening Prayer: St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church
    Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

I you have somewhere I can send a PDF file, I will send you the Order of service if you like.

3. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+759
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    I've got a copy of the Lutheran Service Book. (I also have the somewhat rare ELS service book.) If that's not the rite, you can PM me.

4. MarkRohfrietsch

+4,125
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Married
    Yes, LSB Evening Prayer is the correct Liturgy.

5. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

+702
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    We have communion every Sunday, it's just done a little differently, I doubt it's making much difference really.

6. Hope1960

Hope1960 Well-Known Member

+209
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    We have it first and third Sunday of every month. But it’s done differently from how it was always done before, as explained in post #37.

7. MarkRohfrietsch

+4,125
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Married
    Well, we are in lock-down again, and have been for a few weeks. Thursday we celebrate the Ascention on line; it will be Vespers.

8. Hope1960

+209
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    You’re in lockdown again? Was someone in your church diagnosed with Covid?

9. MarkRohfrietsch

+4,125
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Married
    No, almost everyone in our congregation has got at least the first injection; province wide lockdown. Funerals, Church services, Funeral home visitations, maximum of 10 people not counting staff. Covid is out of hand because people are being asshats, wont wear masks, party like it's 1999, and could care less about everyone else. So, we are in lock-down three. Looks like it could be for another 4 weeks. Also our primeminister has dropped the ball on procurement of vaccines. It is a crap-show up here. So we all suffer.

10. Hope1960

+209
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Gosh, I’m sorry. It sounds awful. We Americans have our share of selfish jerks too. Spring Break was a super spreader just waiting to happen. Don’t know if it caused the numbers to rise or not but either way, the behavior of some can cause problems for everybody else.

11. MarkRohfrietsch

+4,125
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Married
    Here in Ontario, we went from below 500 positive cases/day to ovdf 4000; it has finally leveld off and is dropping. Yesterday, we were at just over 2000; we will remain in lock-down until we reach <1000/day; at least another two weeks.

BTW, I am assiting Rev. Matthew Fenn at all of our services this month; we use Lutheran Service Book.

Feel free to join us for Ascention vespers on line, tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. EST:

First, you can watch live or, or later on demand, via Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/stpeterstratford
    Second, you can watch live via Zoom. If you join via Zoom please mute yourself so as not to disturb the livestream.
    Meeting ID: 892 7524 0281
    Password: 404819
    Third, if you don’t have a computer, you can use your telephone and use an old fashioned phone call and listen via your phone. Choose the number which is most appropriate for you.
    +1 778 907 2071 Canada (BC)
    +1 438 809 7799 Canada (Montreal)
    +1 587 328 1099 Canada (Alberta)
    +1 647 374 4685 Canada (Toronto)
    +1 647 558 0588 Canada (Toronto)
    + 204 272 7920 Canada (Quebec)
    When you call you’ll need the following information:

Vespers
    LSB page 229, LW page 224.

Prelude
    Versicles
    Psalmody

Psalm 47
    Psalm 93
    "At the Lamb's High Feast We Sing”
    Arr. W. Mudde
    Sung by Rob and Susan McEwen
    Readings
    Acts 1:1-11
    Ephesians 1:15-23
    Luke 24:44-53
    Easter Responsory
    Sermon
    Magnificat

Sung by Rob and Susan McEwen
    Prayer
    Benediction
    Postlude

And/or Matins on Sunday 10:00 a.m. EST:

There are three ways you can join us online.

First, you can watch live or, or later on demand, via Facebook:
    St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church
    Second, you can watch live via Zoom. If you join via Zoom please mute yourself so as not to disturb the livestream.
    Third, if you don’t have a computer, you can use your telephone and use an old fashioned phone call and listen via your phone. Choose the number which is most appropriate for you.
    +1 778 907 2071 Canada (BC)
    +1 438 809 7799 Canada (Montreal)
    +1 587 328 1099 Canada (Alberta)
    +1 647 374 4685 Canada (Toronto)
    +1 647 558 0588 Canada (Toronto)
    + 204 272 7920 Canada (Quebec)
    When you call you’ll need the following information:

Matins
    LSB page 219, LW page 208.

Prelude