Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. - Isaiah 1:11

Interesting that God begins Isaiah by saying he had no delight in the sacrifice. What he desired was....

Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: - Isaiah 1:17-19

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. - Isaiah 1:11

Interesting that God begins Isaiah by saying he had no delight in the sacrifice. What he desired was....

Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: - Isaiah 1:17-19

God would not have commanded His people to make offering if they were not something that He wanted them to do, so the issue is that the offering in themselves are not want God wanted as though there was intrinsic merit to slaughtering animals, but rather they were the means to the means of expressing a broken and contrite heart, which is what what God was after. In Exodus, it ends with the glory of God descending on the tent of meeting and with the problem of no one being able to approach, while Leviticus begins with God calling out instruction for how to draw near to Him, and that is what the root word of "offering" means. So the purpose of Leviticus was not to teach us how to deprive ourselves of livestock, but to teach us how to draw close to God, so if someone was making an offering without repenting and returning back to obedience to God, then they were missing the whole point.

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0