• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

No Covid cases!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Ana the Ist, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+6,474
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Have you seen Norm Macdonald's covid standup bit?

2. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+14,335
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    My wife: He sounds very drunk.
    Me: Ya think?

3. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,825
    Agnostic
    Single
  4. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,825
    Agnostic
    Single
    You could theoretically quarantine every suspected case and everyone who has had contact with a suspected case, and still not get any positive results.

It depends on why you were suspicious.

5. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,248
    Christian
    Private
    I'm not sure what your referring to, I was speaking about the DPRK

6. Al Touthentop

Al Touthentop Well-Known Member

+852
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    I know. I was challenging the idea that the most draconian response always results in the most successful result. Its always assumed that quarantining healthy people is effective. What if it isn't?

7. dms1972

dms1972 Well-Known Member Supporter

+809
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Was that official reporting of cases on one day? Or the number of times he contradicated himself in interviews. Whats it from? While i would not be surprised if the North Korean official statistics were contradictory. Its not funny, it is dark and I don't like it at all, neither would anyone living there not brain-washed by his regime.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  8. Ana the Ist

+6,474
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    This might be my favorite post ever...

I think it's a pretty safe bet that...

1. Kim Jong Un isn't on Twitter.
    2. If he was, he doesn't have "@SupremeLeader" as his Twitter handle
    3. It's clearly a joke, not official in any way.
    4. The joke is that as soon as a case of Covid pops up....he kills the person....reducing the count back to 0.

Now, I suppose that you can find it too dark or not amusing....humor is subjective....but perhaps consider that this is the way some people deal with the situation

9. dms1972

+809
    Non-Denom
    Single

I'll repeat, but as it was obvious I was skeptical, why would i have asked "where it was from?" I'll not waste time arguing.

Now while I know some folks even use famous people screen names, can you nevertheless tell us why is it a safe bet, when Trump and other leaders actually do use Twitter?

Now as to its being funny, yes humour is subjective, but as people go missing and are murdered under his regime, I don't find it funny, and I have a healthy sense of humour.

But if humour is subjective then what is wrong with me not finding it funny? You are not trying to say it was objectively funny are you? Consider this that others deal with it in a different manner.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  10. Ana the Ist

+6,474
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Why would he use Twitter? Who is he going to talk to?

Smartphones aren't exactly common in N Korea.

Good, we agree.

Absolutely nothing.

No...I just said humor is subjective.

11. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,248
    Christian
    Private
    Well the DPRK would certainly be a candidate for the most draconian response, however I don't see general quarantining measures an example of this. What is it that you want to discuss? How the DPRK is managing covid or how the rest of the world is managing covid?

12. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+8,607
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    North Korea.

13. Robban

Robban ----------- Supporter

+2,071
    Sweden
    Judaism
    Divorced
  14. Ana the Ist

+6,474
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I daresay their immune systems are begging for industrial processed foods.

15. dms1972

+809
    Non-Denom
    Single

Who needs a smartphone to view Twitter? Why would he be only talking to folks in his own country?

Who would he talk to? Who would he put messages out to do you mean? Who does anyone on Twitter talk to? - everyone in the wider world who uses Twitter perhaps?

16. Ana the Ist

+6,474
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    The smartphone is essential to the success of Twitter. I don't see a lot of people hopping on the PC to check it. It's probably worth pointing out they don't have PCs either.

Who else would he talk to?

17. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+14,450
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Comrades! American Presidential Trump bravely fighting evil media to do Shocking Awesome in the War Against Terrible Things! Liberals and malcontents in Deepest State will be defeated! Control the Viral! Vote Trump for Everybody 2020!

18. dms1972

+809
    Non-Denom
    Single

I am finding it hard to understand your incomprehension - you think he lives in closed psyche and under house arrest or something - why would it even matter what is needed for the success of twitter the FACT remains it can be viewed on a computer. Nice detraction but not to the point. How do you think he communicates with those outside his country - via carrier pigeon?

19. Ana the Ist

+6,474
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I'll tell you how he doesn't communicate with world leaders....Twitter.