BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
That’s because the Wing—so-named because, like the wing of a house, it’s a separate space—is just for women. Co-working is hardly new; industry trade magazine Deskmag estimated there would be 10,000 co-working spots worldwide by the end of 2016. But female-focused spaces have become a niche in the industry as a response to contemporary feminism and a reaction against fratty venues that advertise kegs and pingpong. “Women are craving community, connection, and confidence, and that’s what we’re going to give them,” says Stacy Taubman, 38, founder of Rise Collaborative, which is set to open in St. Louis this month and will offer members networking events, a book club, and a chance to mentor teens. Then there’s SheWorks Collective, also in Manhattan; New Women Space, in Brooklyn, N.Y.; and Hera Hub, in Phoenix, Southern California, Washington, D.C., and Stockholm.

A Co-Working Space for Women Only

Interesting trend.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm in favor of it, as long as it isn't somehow turned around as discrimination against men.
As someone who's seen the consequences of co-ed workspaces, involving the systematic elimination of male subordinates, including myself, I say let the girls have their special clubs as long as the boys get theirs too, like it used to be.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm in favor of it, as long as it isn't somehow turned around as discrimination against men.

If "men only" means discrimination against women but "women only" does not men discrimination against men then the language has become so twisted and perverted that it no longer means anything.
As someone who's seen the consequences of co-ed workspaces, involving the systematic elimination of male subordinates, including myself, I say let the girls have their special clubs as long as the boys get theirs too, like it used to be.[/QUOTE

What are the chances of that ? the only special clubs men have are fighting and dying in wars and being expected to....."man up" whenever unpleasant task are required.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I went to Japan with mum n dad some trains had women ONLY carriages. The reason, apparently, is that women get badgered by some guys. There were no complaints from men being badgered by women.

I can get why women only spaces exist.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
[Staff edit]

This is not about equal rights for men. These spaces, much like HBCUs, are created due to exclusion by men, but they are open to all. However, rather than address the issues that caused the creation of these entities, some men turn around and pretend they are victims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But this is not about equal rights for men. These spaces, much like HBCUs, are created due to exclusion by men, but they are open to all. However, rather than address the issues that caused the creation of these entities, some men turn around and pretend they are victims.

Actually, I wish to encourage you. Let the girls have their clubs, and let the boys have theirs as well. Equal rights are a good thing no? I like to think we can be so progressive that we can progress full-circle.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
[Staff edit]

So women can have a women only space and that's fine, men can have a men only space as long as they don't exclude women.

That makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
However, rather than address the issues that caused the creation of these entities, some men turn around and pretend they are victims.

Cause ? what caused men only golf clubs or men only clubs period.....nagging demanding females perhaps ?

So women can have a women only space and that's fine, men can have a men only space as long as they don't exclude women.

That makes no sense.

Welcome to their logic....its simple realy,whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like a retreat. A place where women can get together and shallowly make toasts about "women power". While at the same time hiding from the men cause they can't compete in a dominance game with them. Lol.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I wish to encourage you. Let the girls have their clubs, and let the boys have theirs as well. Equal rights are a good thing no? I like to think we can be so progressive that we can progress full-circle.

Just repeal the 1964 Civil Rights Act and all the legal complications with this trend will be gone...

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Sounds like a retreat. A place where women can get together and shallowly make toasts about "women power". While at the same time hiding from the men cause they can't compete in a dominance game with them. Lol.
Yay, sexism, claim women cannot compete based on what? Nothing.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yay, sexism, claim women cannot compete based on what? Nothing.

Seems like they cannot handle being around men.

They need their own safe space to express themselves. They don't seem to be a socially dominate. Why else the regressive club?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Seems like they cannot handle being around men.

They need their own safe space to express themselves. They don't seem to be a socially dominate. Why else the regressive club?
Seems like men can't take women, so now they attack organizations like this out of fear. [Staff edit]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seems like men can't take women, so now they attack organizations like this out of fear.

Out of fear? What do I have to fear about clubs like these? Lol.

[Staff edit]

I can't stand women who are pushovers. Which is the vibe I'm getting from such a club.

Although I'll say I'm mainly calling out the women who feel a need for such a club. MRA and anti-feminist type women are often too strong and empowered for such things.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
[Staff edit]

Honestly I'm not very fond of the idea of women or men's only clubs. Not that they all have to have nefarious reasons, I'm just skeptical about how healthy these mindsets are. Although as someone who believes in biological gender differences I can sympathize if people just want a place to connect with others who are probably more like minded as them. Although on that same token, brain sex is most likely on a spectrum. So perhaps a place for masculine brains and feminine brains would be more inclusive? Instead of "you're a man" or "you're a woman" get out. Lol.

Upvote 0

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Honestly I'm not very fond of the idea of women or men's only clubs. Not that they all have to have nefarious reasons, I'm just skeptical about how healthy these mindsets are. Although as someone who believes in biological gender differences I can sympathize if people just want a place to connect with others who are probably more like minded as them. Although on that same token, brain sex is most likely on a spectrum. So perhaps a place for masculine brains and feminine brains would be more inclusive? Instead of "you're a man" or "you're a woman" get out. Lol.

Fair enough. I just want job security and to not have to worry about being eliminated basically for being a male. In reality, you can't force people to be truly egalitarian, and when you can't, you need alternatives that work. While I'm against discriminatory segregation, the right to segregate one's self for one's own protection seems like something we've overlooked in all of this.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Seems like men can't take women, so now they attack organizations like this out of fear.

It's not the men separating themselves from women. Honestly, if men could do the same thing (exclude women from places at work) I would think it's dumb... but at least it's equal.

Upvote 0