City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I also want every person to be Christian. That doesn't mean I want to pass a law that says everyone should be.

That makes no sense.

It doesn't matter what you think they should do. You don't own them. If you have a problem, then start a boycott, but it'll most likely fail. If they don't want homosexuals, it's their choice.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't matter what you think they should do. You don't own them. If you have a problem, then start a boycott, but it'll most likely fail. If they don't want homosexuals, it's their choice.

What exactly do you think is the point of discussion and debate? I have an opinion and I can share it if I so wish. If you don't think it matters, then that's your opinion. You have a right to share that, too.

I think I made it pretty clear that I don't own them and that it's their choice, since I just said that they have a right to their choice even when it's different than the choice that I would make. Now it just so happens that it's their choice to have youth who are attracted to members of the same sex. Their membership policy for leaders is still contrary to what I want, yet I support their right to have that policy.

The efforts to get them to change the youth membership policy just succeeded, so...

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,590.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The whole point of buying things from them is to give them money. Otherwise, people would just go to the store and get popcorn for a cheaper price. Same with Girl Scout cookies. Paying fees does the same thing.

Not quite true for the Girl Scouts. They do a much better job than the Boy Scouts. The Girl Scouts manage to have products that are not readily available otherwise. So a lot of those purchasing their product have some degree of actual desire for the product.

Back when I was a kid in the YMCA my local Y provided 2 bigger ticket items that actually were a GOOD value. Christmas trees and pancake breakfasts. Quite a few people purchased either of these purely on value.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,590.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone in this thread suggested that the 2000 Supreme Court case be overturned or disregarded? This is about what we think the Boy Scouts should do, not what we want to make them do. This thread is new, but in other threads I have repeatedly defended the right of private organizations to determine their own membership policies and said that I agree with the Supreme Court's ruling.

I also want every person to vote in favor of same-sex marriage. That doesn't mean I want to pass a law that says they have to vote yes. :doh:

The closest I can think of is some saying that back door government contributions should be discontinued.

I cautiously agree with that. Surely the sweetheart deal with the military need close examination. Some other situations are not as clear.

For example when I was a kid there was lots of free food available to groups like the Scouts and the YMCA. That made summer camping situations affordable. Should such be available to a group that discriminates?

Upvote 0

MagicSabbath

Here For The Ride
May 16, 2013
✟423.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-NDP
Well that's my problem. None of us should be telling them what to do. Their actions don't affect us, and it's none of our business.
And yet the extremist radical homosexual agenda doesn't respect that.

Case in point, as someone on another thread said awhile ago, eHarmony! A Christian man began that company for Christians to seek compatible dates.

That was not acceptable to radical gay extremists who launched an assault on his private company. Sadly, he relented to their assault. And he's suffered for it.

The homosexual agenda is anti-religion. They demand tolerance but do not tolerate Christian values.

So while it is not their business what a private company does, they will make it their business regardless. And hate groups, like GLAAD and it's conspirators, will insure harassment ensues.

eHarmony needed to counter sue the homosexual bigots who sought to revoke his rights as a Christian and an independent business owner.
Christians need to stand for their Godly values, and not bow to religious bigots pressure that demands sin has a right to repeal religious morality.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And yet the extremist radical homosexual agenda doesn't respect that.

Case in point, as someone on another thread said awhile ago, eHarmony! A Christian man began that company for Christians to seek compatible dates.

That was not acceptable to radical gay extremists who launched an assault on his private company. Sadly, he relented to their assault. And he's suffered for it.

The homosexual agenda is anti-religion. They demand tolerance but do not tolerate Christian values.

So while it is not their business what a private company does, they will make it their business regardless. And hate groups, like GLAAD and it's conspirators, will insure harassment ensues.

eHarmony needed to counter sue the homosexual bigots who sought to revoke his rights as a Christian and an independent business owner.
Christians need to stand for their Godly values, and not bow to religious bigots pressure that demands sin has a right to repeal religious morality.

Which religious bigots? And I agree that companies have a right to decide their own rules. If a group decides to ban all Christians, you won't see me stomping my feet and calling in the lawyers. I'll just simply stay away from it. It's that simple. People just look for ways to ruin other peoples' lives and dictate what they do.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yup. I swear, it feels like they bring up this homosexual marriage issue because they know we'll say no to it, and then they can point the finger at us and call us homophobes.

Here's a smarter idea. Take government out of marriage and then marry whoever you want to each other, and don't get everyone involved in it, and start your finger pointing.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Or are you unaware of the fall out that occurred when it was found that the family of Chick-Fil-A support Christian family traditional values organizations?

Apparently you're unaware of how a boycott functions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MagicSabbath

Here For The Ride
May 16, 2013
✟423.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-NDP
Yup. I swear, it feels like they bring up this homosexual marriage issue because they know we'll say no to it, and then they can point the finger at us and call us homophobes.

Here's a smarter idea. Take government out of marriage and then marry whoever you want to each other, and don't get everyone involved in it, and start your finger pointing.
The thing about that is with regard to marriage, the marriage benefits that are afforded through the government, State and Federal, when a couple marries.

Also, taking government out of marriage doesn't change scripture. And it wouldn't change radical gay religious bigots agenda when they seek to destroy religions and the religious who adhere to Biblical tenets that state marriage is between a man and a woman, and that homosexual sex is a sin.

What radical gay religious bigots want is for government, the law, to be taken out of their way so that anything goes!
As we see with the Boy Scouts who sadly voted to allow openly gay boys to join. Now, that's not enough for some. They want transsexual Scouts, bisexual Scouts! In other words they want a huge neon sign to precede a boy or a transsexual boy, that states they're there in the Scouts because they're Bisexual or Transsexual or openly Gay.

Gay's have always been in the Scouts. The agenda now is to allow what the new headlines proclaim, OPENLY gay boys to be in the Scouts!

Sexuality never was an issue in the Scouts before. They're the Scouts! Not a sex club! Their focus isn't exploring sensuality! However, now Sexuality is the topic and it is suppose to precede all else.

What's telling, what is obvious, is that the radical extremist religious bigot homosexual agenda is to revoke openly Christian Scouting! And openly Christian Scouts!

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

It's not about the legality. It's the preferred tax status and ability to get employee benefits - basic economics.

But, I'm tired of the fight, so I resigned from Scouting, as will the majority, as happened in Canada and in the US with Girl Scouts.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yup, thanks for talking about it. We're called bigots only when we don't agree with them. But when they don't agree with us, they just walk around free. And it's funny that they're going around insulting religion, but we can't speak up to them because somehow, homosexuals can do no wrong? They're not victims here. they just want to dictate everything. It's like a communist revolution. What's the first thing the communists did when they took over Russia? They attacked the church.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's not about the legality. It's the preferred tax status and ability to get employee benefits - basic economics.

But, I'm tired of the fight, so I resigned from Scouting, as will the majority, as happened in Canada and in the US with Girl Scouts.

Can they make a new version of the scouts where they actually make up their own rules?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Who on this forum has even donated any money to the boy scouts?
I used to. I always bought the leaf bags when they came door to door and would buy popcorn outside of grocery stores. That ended several years ago when their policies went in a direction that I could no longer support.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I used to. I always bought the leaf bags when they came door to door and would buy popcorn outside of grocery stores. That ended several years ago when their policies went in a direction that I could no longer support.

Ya but purchasing something, and donating are different. When you purchase something, you get a product back in return. I buy monster drinks sometimes, but that doesn't mean I support the company who make it. I pay for it because I enjoy the drink.

Edit: Product or service*

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I also want every person to be Christian. That doesn't mean I want to pass a law that says everyone should be.

That makes no sense.

Except that it didn't fail. The Boy Scouts were pretty adamant about not allowing homosexual scouts into their ranks until the financial pressure convinced them to change.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Except that it didn't fail. The Boy Scouts were pretty adamant about not allowing homosexual scouts into their ranks until the financial pressure convinced them to change.

I'm pretty sure there's more than just financial pressure involved in it.

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ya but purchasing something, and donating are different. When you purchase something, you get a product back in return. I buy monster drinks sometimes, but that doesn't mean I support the company who make it. I pay for it because I enjoy the drink.

Edit: Product or service*
Technically you are supporting something if you give them your money.

Considering that the products I bought from the Scouts were more expensive than the same product in the store, I do think that the money that I was giving was a donation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.