✟260,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 9:22 (NASB)
And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why is there no forgiveness without the shedding of blood?

Is God some blood thirsty monster that demands blood for being offended at being done a wrong?

No, not at all.. The blood is of value because the life of this world is in the blood.. And since it is the fall into the life of this world that is our separation from God...It is the life of this world that must be given up, poured out and brought to an end if one is to be reconciled to God. For being reconciled to God is a matter of undoing our fall into the life of this world...

For God is love and was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself by sending Christ to be the fulfillment of the law that says; the soul that sins, that soul shall die... Whereby He could guarantee salvation to all that would put their faith in Jesus, and thereby being both just and the justifier of him who had faith in Christ, thereby this gift of life would be open to whosoever will...

For the life that Christ poured out on the cross was for us, that we too would both die and be raised with Him to walk in a newness of life... Which life is accessed and experienced by the desire and the faith of the heart turned towards it... This is why we have to go through all the “crap” we have to go through... It is to bring us to the place where we would willingly give up the life of this world with all it’s lusts and pride, all that would elevate itself above that which is right for the new life promised in Christ, where righteousness is alone that thing that is sought after and done..

It is having faith in this truth that frees one from their life in this world;

~That when Christ died they died and it is no longer they that live but Christ that lives in them~

It is to the degree the heart sees their need of such a deliverance shall that heart experience the deliverance it seeks after...

Be blessed all in the seeking...

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟125,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part of where confusion comes from is a matter of semantic difference. Forgiveness in English is a lot broader of a term than aphiemi in Greek, and aphiemi is a lot more flexible of a word in Greek. The action is more complete in aphiemi than forgiveness as it isn't simply a release of hard feelings but the full blotting out and sending away of the sin, the complete erasure. Aphiemi has a sense of removal of consequences, whereas forgiveness does not entail that. It is possible to forgive someone while still recognizing that the damage that they have done requires some sort of consequences in order to make restitution. Without the shedding of blood there remains a penalty, regardless of whether there is a disposition of hostility. The shedding of blood recognizes the reality of the destructive nature of sin and that in order to make full restitution and make whole somehow consequences must be enforced.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Part of where confusion comes from is a matter of semantic difference. Forgiveness in English is a lot broader of a term than aphiemi in Greek, and aphiemi is a lot more flexible of a word in Greek. The action is more complete in aphiemi than forgiveness as it isn't simply a release of hard feelings but the full blotting out and sending away of the sin, the complete erasure. Aphiemi has a sense of removal of consequences, whereas forgiveness does not entail that. It is possible to forgive someone while still recognizing that the damage that they have done requires some sort of consequences in order to make restitution. Without the shedding of blood there remains a penalty, regardless of whether there is a disposition of hostility. The shedding of blood recognizes the reality of the destructive nature of sin and that in order to make full restitution and make whole somehow consequences must be enforced.

As the Spirit of Christ teach Christ, I wish you all of Him..

One of His, Not me

Upvote 0