• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

NJ Rep cites Constitution to avoid swearing in GOP "Traitors."

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by TLK Valentine, Dec 11, 2020.

1. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+24,433
    Agnostic
    Single
    As two-thirds of House Republicans support the Texas election suit, a Democrat called them ‘traitors.’

The consequences for trying to overthrow an election might be dire, indeed...

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. GreatLakes4Ever

GreatLakes4Ever Well-Known Member

+3,079
    United States
    Humanist
    Engaged
    They should be but this country has a a horrible track record for punishing traitors as evidenced by the pardon of pretty much every person who committed armed treason against this country in the 1860s.

3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+17,775
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Let's not encourage grandstanding of this sort.

4. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+5,332
    Atheist
    Single
    Pandering to idiot voters is not treason. Actually the gross misuse of accusations of treason led to it being specifically mentioned in the Constitution. Calling the foolishness and gross misunderstanding of the exhibited by those signing on the requests to submit briefs does not even come close. And in many cases it is not clear from the documents actually submitted even which side they would have supported if allowed to submit. Oh we know, but it would be inuendo and hearsay, nothing more.

No this is not the path to take.

Those urging seccision could be a different story. Especially if there is anything even close to taking up arms. I'd personally prefer charges of sedition over treason because of the constitutional issues with treason.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+3,461
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Agree insofar as “traitor” is a bit OTT but there needs to be some sort of rhetorical response...this is a provocation.
    If there’s no pushback (not implying you said that), it won’t stop.

6. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,746
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Unless we hold them accountable, this nightmare can become a regular occurrence.
    I concur. Throw the bums out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+2,635
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    That would look a lot like punishing people for exercising their constitutional rights and appropriate legal procedures.

8. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+2,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    "Pandering to idiot voters is not treason."
    Is that how you really see people who actually take time to vote?

9. Arc F1

+2,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Shall we hold you accountable or does this way of thinking only Go one direction?

10. Andrewn

Andrewn Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+2,169
    Canada
    Anglican
    Married
    @keith99 didn't describe all voters as idiots: only those who still believe Trump won the election a whole month after it became clear that Biden won on 11/7, Trump's court cases were rejected, and all states certified their votes.

Mind you I don't like the word "idiots."

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  11. Arc F1

+2,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I know exactly what he meant. I saw the same thing when it was Trump who cheated and stole the election. Was it helpful, no it wasn't.

12. TLK Valentine

+24,433
    Agnostic
    Single
    Just the ones who will fall for any idiotic conspiracy theory rather than admit they lost.

13. TLK Valentine

+24,433
    Agnostic
    Single
    If you're referring to the 2016 election, even Donald thought that was rigged.

14. TLK Valentine

+24,433
    Agnostic
    Single
    You mean like this?

[​IMG]

Or this?

Texas GOP chair floats secession for 'law-abiding states' after Supreme Court defeat

After all, it was this kind of insurrection and secession nonsense which led to the writing of the disqualification clause in the first place.

15. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+17,775
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    He’s referring to the ones who’ve swallowed Donald’s propaganda.

But let me flip that around - your side has implied that millions of Dem voters are fraudsters, unamerican, and/or somehow otherwise unworthy of voting in the first place. If you want to take umbrage at folks insulting “people who actually take the time to vote,” then you ought to look at the Republicans.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Arc F1

+2,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Actually I do. Neither side excepts me. I have a brother who calls me a traitor right now and won't speak to me because I won't grab a rifle and March in support of Trump. Poor poor pitiful me, I know.

17. Arc F1

+2,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It's surprising to see a non politician make it to the top right off the bat. You would think the rest of them would get the hint that we don't like the way things are going. Instead they just double down on how we are all to dumb to know what we want.

18. Arc F1

+2,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That would be me.

19. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,746
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    It was never "the same thing." Hillary conceded the next morning. While we believed there was Russian interference, we watched in silent horror as our nation skidded downhill until the House gained the majority. By then he had merited impeachment ten times over, but because the AG ignored subpoenas to provide evidence and the Senate displayed the same lack of integrity that 126 House members just did, it went nowhere.

And so 80 million Americans decided to do what the impeachment failed to do.

I would think the past 38 days have shown what he thinks of democracy and the Constitution. SMH.

20. TLK Valentine

+24,433
    Agnostic
    Single
    Donald had fame, money, and an overarching desire to acquire more at any cost. It's not hard to see how such qualities endeared him to a sizable chunk of American society.

When you think about it, however, Donald wasn't really much of a change -- he was spouting the usual right-wind talking points... just louder.

He really sold his base on the "novelty" of a non-politician... and became a novelty president as a result.

Would you have known if Donald hadn't told you?