Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you might be a fraud MT Bob, I drove by the other day and your chickens were all saying "Baarrokk" "Baarrokk"
Makes me wonder ;)

I hate that.
So I went out and checked our chickens and sure enough one was not wearing their Make America Great Again hat -- she is no longer with us. Although she will be spending some short time with us this evening at dinner.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The goats think it's a sad day up top of the mountain to see Nikki resign. This Lady has done an excellent job and replacing her may not be easy?
M-Bob

Trump accepts Nikki Haley’s resignation as UN ambassador
I must say I was shocked! Of all of Trump's appointees, she seemed the one best suited for her position.

I've heard she has some financial problems and can make a lot more in the private sector with her experience. She has a couple of kids in college and you know how much that cost.

I wish her all the luck in her future endeavors.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shocked. At least this way she'll have some time away from the DC swamp. What a loss!
uhmm...since she, along with President Trump and the rest of his administration, are responsible for turning the swamp into the government of the USA, I'm pretty sure she's taking her fair share of the swamp with her. :wave:
tulc(didn't know "draining the swamp" meant "spreading it as far as the eye can see") :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
uhmm...since she, along with President Trump and the rest of his administration, are responsible for turning the swamp into the government of the USA, I'm pretty sure she's taking her fair share of the swamp with her. :wave:
tulc(didn't know "draining the swamp" meant "spreading it as far as the eye can see") :scratch:
Thanks for your OP:). Yes, I still think that she left the swamp and was pretty clean (that curtains issue was a non-starter). If she were indeed a part of the swamp, I'm quite sure she would have been prosecuted (still could be). If not, I don't see any point in tarnishing her reputation:).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
She probably needed a break for all the reasons already suggested, but I am confident that she will be back in some other capacity.

Although she did an admirable job at the UN, it must be frustrating to be the ambassador to the UN, knowing that nothing praiseworthy ever is accomplished by that organization.

• Winner
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As other countries got to see and meet Nikki Haley up close there was a lot of respect gained not only for her as a strong woman but, also for the United States. A fine example of a dignitary.
M-Bob

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Had to be hard for her to go to work the next day after Trump got laughed out at the UN. He's made her job much, much harder than it had to be.

President Trump has long argued that the United States has been taken advantage of by other nations — a “laughing stock to the entire World,” he said on Twitter in 2014 — and his political rise was based on the premise that he had the strength and resolve to change that.

But at the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday, Trump got a comeuppance on the world’s biggest stage. Delivering a speech that aimed to establish U.S. “sovereignty” over the whims and needs of other nations, the president’s triumphant moment was marred in the first minute when he was met by laughter — at his expense.

The embarrassing exchange came when Trump boasted that his administration had accomplished more over two years than “almost any administration” in American history, eliciting audible guffaws in the cavernous chamber hall.

The president appeared startled. “Didn’t expect that reaction,” he said, “but that’s okay.”
‘People actually laughed at a president’: At U.N. speech, Trump suffers the fate he always feared

Haley seems to be the exception to the rule that no one gets close to Trump without becoming damaged in some way. She's done the best job that could have been done under the circumstances.

Reactions: Danoh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Had to be hard for her to go to work the next day after Trump got laughed out at the UN. He's made her job much, much harder than it had to be.

President Trump has long argued that the United States has been taken advantage of by other nations — a “laughing stock to the entire World,” he said on Twitter in 2014 — and his political rise was based on the premise that he had the strength and resolve to change that.

But at the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday, Trump got a comeuppance on the world’s biggest stage. Delivering a speech that aimed to establish U.S. “sovereignty” over the whims and needs of other nations, the president’s triumphant moment was marred in the first minute when he was met by laughter — at his expense.

The embarrassing exchange came when Trump boasted that his administration had accomplished more over two years than “almost any administration” in American history, eliciting audible guffaws in the cavernous chamber hall.

The president appeared startled. “Didn’t expect that reaction,” he said, “but that’s okay.”
‘People actually laughed at a president’: At U.N. speech, Trump suffers the fate he always feared

Haley seems to be the exception to the rule that no one gets close to Trump without becoming damaged in some way. She's done the best job that could have been done under the circumstances.

Nikki explained what that laughter was about but some did not pay attention to the truth.
M-Bob

• Agree
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nikki explained what that laughter was about but some did not pay attention to the truth.
M-Bob
...you mean someone who works for President Trump tried to spin his being laughed at by the whole world for saying something stupid and no one believed her? :scratch:
tulc(is shocked!) :swoon:

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
M-Bob

If you have to explain why people were laughing at your boss's statement, then you're just adding to the humiliation.

It was stupendously dumb for Trump to have made such a claim, and doubly so to make it to people who are well-versed in history.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you have to explain why people were laughing at your boss's statement, then you're just adding to the humiliation.

It was stupendously dumb for Trump to have made such a claim, and doubly so to make it to people who are well-versed in history.

Says who?
Not super intelligent good-looking Nikki.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:

Says who?

Nearly a hundred UN delegates, for example.

Not super intelligent good-looking Nikki.

Wasn't the smartest thing she ever said, was it?

Upvote 0