Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“I’ll tell you this: You don’t see anyone standing up for Iran. You’re not hearing any of the Gulf members, you’re not hearing China, you’re not hearing Russia,” said the Republican Haley on Fox’s “Sean Hannity Show.” “The only ones that are mourning the loss of Soleimani are our Democrat leadership and our Democrat presidential candidates.”
Thoughts? Observations?

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aside from the my biased opinion that Haley is right...

This is going to be an issue during the election. Trump is going to play up this perception. I don't see any effective rebuttal that will work in battleground states.

Narrator of imaginary ad:
"When Obama killed terrorist Bin Laden, America rejoiced." (cut to quotes of Democrats and Republicans praising US action concerning Bin Laden.

"But when Trump took out terrorist Solomio (sp), the Democrats mourned." (cut to Democrat quotes complaining about US action concern Salami (sp).

"Whose side are they on?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
“I’ll tell you this: You don’t see anyone standing up for Iran. You’re not hearing any of the Gulf members, you’re not hearing China, you’re not hearing Russia,” said the Republican Haley on Fox’s “Sean Hannity Show.” “The only ones that are mourning the loss of Soleimani are our Democrat leadership and our Democrat presidential candidates.”
Thoughts? Observations?
Not surprising that the Sunni states hated Soleimani. He was the one who formed alliances and militias to wage war on the Sunni states - the Houthis, Hezbollah, Hamas, not to mention Al-Qaeda. Those who live by the sword..........

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thoughts? Observations?

I think she’s lying. Who’s mourning him? I haven’t seen anybody mourning him. Saying the attack was stupid and/or unjustified doesn’t qualify as mourning him.

Looks like Politifact agrees with me and has the quotes to back it up:
Haley’s wrong that Democrats are mourning Soleimani

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"When Obama killed terrorist Bin Laden, America rejoiced." (cut to quotes of Democrats and Republicans praising US action concerning Bin Laden.
"But when Trump took out terrorist Solomio (sp), the Democrats mourned." (cut to Democrat quotes complaining about US action concern Salami (sp).
Supporters have a hard time supporting Trump.
Remember the polls?
Nov 8, 2016 - The Upshot's elections model suggests that Hillary Clinton is favored to win the presidency, based on the latest state and national polls.

Wisconsin Polling results:
93% Dem.
84% Dem.
99% Dem.
98% Dem.
98% Dem.
>99% Dem.
Lean Dem.
Lean Dem.
Likely Dem.

Wisconsin election results:
The 2016 United States presidential election in Wisconsin was held on November 8, 2016, ... By winning Wisconsin, Trump became the first Republican candidate to win the state since Ronald Reagan in 1984.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aside from the my biased opinion that Haley is right...

This is going to be an issue during the election. Trump is going to play up this perception. I don't see any effective rebuttal that will work in battleground states.

Not only did the Obama admin rejoice but the slobbering LSM was ecstatic. And before the announcement that bin Laden was dead there were hundreds of young people outside the White House with US flags celebrating. Where did they come from? The local universities.

Reactions to the death of Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Thoughts? Observations?
Unfortunately, the same could be said about the international reaction to the assassination of Soleimani, I don't recall any of America's NATO and other allies rushing to Trump's defense stating that he had made the world a safer place!

There's a reason why previous Republican and Democratic Administrations chose not to assassinate Soleimani - such an act could trigger a major war, as was the case in WW1!

This President's outbursts and behavior have effectively alienated America's international allies - they have to reason to trust him or his judgement!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“I’ll tell you this: You don’t see anyone standing up for Iran. You’re not hearing any of the Gulf members, you’re not hearing China, you’re not hearing Russia,” said the Republican Haley on Fox’s “Sean Hannity Show.” “The only ones that are mourning the loss of Soleimani are our Democrat leadership and our Democrat presidential candidates.” Thoughts? Observations?

I thought this post was about a comet.​

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's not move the goalposts or be pedantic about "mourning": Haley's point is the Russians, Chinese and Gulf states are not as upset by Solemenie's (sp) death as the Democrats are.

This appears to be true. AND America will be reminded of this during election time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,808.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What happened to the Nikki Haley with character and integrity who told the truth about Trump when he was running for president in 2016.

Here is what Nikki Haley said about Trump in February, 2016, before she sold out like so many others of her party:

She said Trump represents "everything a governor doesn't want in a president."
"I want someone who is going to hold Republicans accountable, and I want someone who is going to make a difference, not just for our party but for every person they represent in the country," she told reporters, just days ahead of the South Carolina GOP primary on Saturday. Nikki Haley: Anyone but Donald Trump - CNNPolitics

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thoughts? Observations?

One more example of the adage that no one associates themselves with Trump without being damaged thereby. Haley used to have the respect of Americans generally. Now she's forever stained with that lie.

If she has further political ambitions, her opponents will tie that ethical lapse around her neck like a decaying albatross.

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What happened to the Nikki Haley with character and integrity who told the truth about Trump when he was running for president in 2016.

Here is what Nikki Haley said about Trump in February, 2016, before she sold out like so many others of her party:
She was later promoted and praised by Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
cjones01052020.jpg

Let's not move the goalposts or be pedantic about "mourning": Haley's point is the Russians, Chinese and Gulf states are not as upset by Solemenie's (sp) death as the Democrats are.

This appears to be true. AND America will be reminded of this during election time.
Nobody, including the Democrats, is arguing that "Soleimeni" was a "choir boy," but is it too much to expect the Trump Administration to at least get its story straight as to the decision to assassinate a prominent Iranian general, at an Iraqi airport - without the express knowledge or permission of that government?

First it was characterized as a preemptive strike to prevent an Iranian attack on 4 US embassies, then it became an act act of revenge for the American lives lost in the Middle East over several decades!

If the Russians, Chinese and/or Gulf states thought it was such a good idea to have Soleimeni assassinated, why didn't they do it themselves?

When neither the President's National Security Officer nor the Secretary of Defense could recall any intelligence claiming that 4 embassies faced imminent attacks, the White House then dismissed these discrepancies as a matter of "semantics" and that pressing the Trump Administration for a coherent explanation was interpreted as pro-Iranian!

Once thing is for certain, the timing of the assassination succeeded in diverting the American public's attention away from the impeachment proceedings, a political maneuver that Trump had accused President Obama of performing in 2011/2012 when he ordered the assassination of Bin Laden!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
cjones01052020.jpg

Nobody, including the Democrats, is arguing that "Soleimeni" was a "choir boy," but is it too much to expect the Trump Administration to at least get its story straight as to the decision to assassinate a prominent Iranian general, at an Iraqi airport - without the express knowledge or permission of that government?

First it was characterized as a preemptive strike to prevent an Iranian attack on 4 US embassies, then it became an act act of revenge for the American lives lost in the Middle East over several decades!

If the Russians, Chinese and/or Gulf states thought it was such a good idea to have Soleimeni assassinated, why didn't they do it themselves?

When neither the President's National Security Officer nor the Secretary of Defense could recall any intelligence claiming that 4 embassies faced imminent attacks, the White House then dismissed these discrepancies as a matter of "semantics" and that pressing the Trump Administration for a coherent explanation was interpreted as pro-Iranian!

Once thing is for certain, the timing of the assassination succeeded in diverting the American public's attention away from the impeachment proceedings, a political maneuver that Trump had accused President Obama of performing in 2011/2012 when he ordered the assassination of Bin Laden!
I think you have proven my point - nothing will distract Anti-Trumpers from Impeachment. Everyone already knows that.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0