• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Nightmares

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you deal with nightmares that happen nearly every night?

I have very severe anxiety and take medication for it.
Sorry to hear this. I take high blood pressure pills and my dream life has seen quite an uptick! I can relate to this for sure ! I know I can't really do anything about it however, I am relieved it's only a dream and not real. I also chalk it up to God's way of relieving mental stress for the day. My take on it anyway....
Be blessed.

Edit: I'm also amazed at the subject matter and detail of my dreams. Crazy!!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟240,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry to hear this. I take high blood pressure pills and my dream life has seen quite an uptick! I can relate to this for sure ! I know I can't really do anything about it however, I am relieved it's only a dream and not real. I also chalk it up to God's way of relieving mental stress for the day. My take on it anyway....
Be blessed.

Edit: I'm also amazed at the subject matter and detail of my dreams. Crazy!!
Thank you for your response. I also take high blood pressure medication.

Upvote 0

1969Mach

Aug 6, 2022
Colorado
✟15,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Riley,

This series changed my life dealing with anxiety. I met this guy at the Faith Lafayette Bible Counseling Conference a few years ago and his was the best class out of them all. The audio quality isn't stellar, but if you commit to studying what he teaches, it will transform your life.

How To Quiet A Noisy Soul by Dr. Nicolas Ellen

Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Believe it or not when we don't feel well physically(specially our nerves), that affects our sleep and dreams. Remind yourself that your dreams are just a byproduct of your health affecting your mind.

Upvote 0