not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A St Andrew grandmother has been left feeling disturbed by the lethargic attitude of law enforcement officers who, she said, have virtually turned a blind eye to a report of statutory rape involving her granddaughter.

...“We spoke with the Duhaney Park police and they directed us to CISOCA (Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse). We went to CISOCA and they are telling us that we have to go to a doctor. We went to [several] doctors and they are telling us that they cannot do anything and have sent us back to CISOCA. So it has been just one big circus,” Pastor Edwards said.

...“Anyway, I went to another doctor and that female doctor also refused to check to see if she is having sex. I took her to CISOCA twice and they say that unless she confessed that she is having sex their doctor cannot check her. I took her to another doctor after that and that doctor also flat-out refused to do it. So, three doctors have turned me down, and CISOCA.

In regards to the above article I think the following is happening. In some organizations in Jamaica due to foreign influence, children are seen as having a right to privacy. This is where children, teens, are seen as as having rights independent of parents and therefore a parent cannot breach the right of a child who chooses not to disclose her sexual activity.

This is what happens when parents are no longer respected as the primary caregiver of the child, because the state in essence becomes the primary caregiver, deciding what a child should do or not do. This is the only explanation for the above I can think of.

This becomes clearer in the light of the fact that the government wants to give condoms to students, breaching the authority of the parents, and instead directly providing their consent for these teens to have sex, that as long as one has sex with a condom one is safe.

Children and teens have no business having sex period. Adulthood begins at age 25.

Nightmare!

'Have sex, do drugs,' speaker tells students

..."Neuroscience has made these massive advances where we now don't think that things just stop at a certain age, that actually there's evidence of brain development well into early twenties and that actually the time at which things stop is much later than we first thought," says Antrobus.

There are three stages of adolescence - early adolescence from 12-14 years, middle adolescence from 15-17 years and late adolescence from 18 years and over.

Neuroscience has shown that a young person's cognitive development continues into this later stage and that their emotional maturity, self-image and judgement will be affected until the prefrontal cortex of the brain has fully developed.

Alongside brain development, hormonal activity is also continuing well into the early twenties says Antrobus.

"A number of children and young people I encounter between the age of 16 and 18, the flurry of hormonal activity in them is so great that to imagine that's going to settle down by the time they get to 18 really is a misconception," says Antrobus.

Is 25 the new cut-off point for adulthood?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kenny'sID