Night of torment.

hopeville

Oct 22, 2013
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Last night before i slept, i visited a celebrity gossip site. I saw what some famous celebrities wore to Halloween and a list of the supposedly most intense Halloween costumes worn.Most of the costumes irked me because they were very eerie or strongly sexual. However, i looked on. I saw a story about a popular singer who stripped naked at the end of her show in a gay club and i thought it was ridiculous.I thought i was just killing my boredom and i fed my craving mind with the drama and all the gossip.
Fast forward to the night.
I have never had such a terrifying night.From terrifying loud screeches in my ear,hearing voices, feeling a strange presence in the room, dreams of gay men having sex,naked women,hallucinations of waking up and staring into the darkness while still in my bed,things seated on my back, sleep paralysis...it was just terrible. I feel like every demon in hell had been sent to me.
In the midst of every attack i would quote scripture and a few seconds later i would wake up.A little while later i would feel very sleepy only to have another attack.The verse that would come to mind was "as the Father loves me i have loved you" and the enemy would flee.Praise you Lord!
When i woke up finally, i was very terrified and i wondered what would have caused me such a great evil torment. It did not take long to remember the sites i had visited before sleeping and the strongly eerie and sexual images i had fed my mind with. I must have opened a doorway for the evil entities.
I have made up my mind not to visit hollywood gossip sites again.Maybe it was the particular stories i read and the specific celebrities i saw but all in all i take it as a lesson. I'd rather not know anything about the celebrities and know everything about Christ.
Please pray for me to be fully cleansed of the evil and never to experience it again.

Last edited:

cerette

Feb 2, 2008
Canada
✟17,321.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear you had an awful night.
It's no fun with nightmares or other unpleasant thoughts or experiences.
Perhaps tonight you could pray and ask God to keep you from having nightmares or attacks of the sort you described. If it helps, leave a light on.
(I'm not kidding, I've had such bad nightmares before that I was afraid when I woke up and didn't even want to leave my bed until it was light out...this was years ago, but still..)
May God grant you a safe and good night!

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, i did not mean that to be demeaning when i said that.Forgive me. It's okay that you do not find it believable.

It's okay -- I forgive you. Really I am just trying to understand what you meant. Do you think that looking at the site opened your unconscious mind to demons? Or, do you think that God sent the nightmares as some kind of punishment?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
IMO...It seems believable, but not really attributable to demons. Sometimes sleep paralysis can be exploited by demons, I think, but I think more that the sleep disorder comes first, and then the demons simply leverage this for maximum human torment. I don't think it's connected to those sites.
I'm sorry, i did not mean that to be demeaning when i said that.Forgive me. It's okay that you do not find it believable.

Upvote 0

hopeville

Oct 22, 2013
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's okay -- I forgive you. Really I am just trying to understand what you meant. Do you think that looking at the site opened your unconscious mind to demons? Or, do you think that God sent the nightmares as some kind of punishment?

I think it was the content not the site itself. It was not God who sent punishment but i opened a doorway for evil unknowingly. AsYou know halloween has been highly associated with occultic culture.So just the same way some one would expose themselves to influence by meddling with occult practices, i exposed myself to evil influence by looking at some of those gothic images.I thought it was harmless but now i'm convinced not.
It does not mean everyone will experience what i experienced.:cool:
God bless

Upvote 0

hopeville

Oct 22, 2013
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
IMO...It seems believable, but not really attributable to demons. Sometimes sleep paralysis can be exploited by demons, I think, but I think more that the sleep disorder comes first, and then the demons simply leverage this for maximum human torment. I don't think it's connected to those sites.[/QUOTE
I have never thought of it that way-about sleep paralysis. The disorder comes first,hmmmnnn.
The demons must have exploited my sleep paralysis tonight.May they be crushed under my feet in the name of Jesus.Amen

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it was the content not the site itself. It was not God who sent punishment but i opened a doorway for evil unknowingly.

If you understood looking at the content as sin, and willfully repented, then I would not attribute it to evil infiltrating your dreams.

AsYou know halloween has been highly associated with occultic culture.So just the same way some one would expose themselves to influence by meddling with occult practices, i exposed myself to evil influence by looking at some of those gothic images.

It depends on the intent and purpose. "Gothic" does not necessarily mean something occultic or evil. Western culture has assigned certain stigma to that word because of a very specific attitude, style of dress, and type of music that developed in the eighties and nineties.

Upvote 0

hopeville

Oct 22, 2013
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you understood looking at the content as sin, and willfully repented, then I would not attribute it to evil infiltrating your dreams.

It depends on the intent and purpose. "Gothic" does not necessarily mean something occultic or evil. Western culture has assigned certain stigma to that word because of a very specific attitude, style of dress, and type of music that developed in the eighties and nineties.

Have you ever had a supernatural experience?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strachan

Serving the most High
Jul 27, 2013
Mandurah, Western Australia
✟11,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hopeville, things things are very real. That probably was a door opener. I will pray for you, but I suggest you fully repent before the Father, and then verbally renounce the websites, and verbalise that you break any associated right. Lastly, command any spirit not from God to go from you in the name of Jesus. Believe it, and it will be done for you.

When next you go to bed, simply ask the Father to give you good dreams. Ask, and it will be given to you.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

thatforumguy77

Random Person
Nov 5, 2013
✟8,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I actually believe hopeville is very much rooted in Christ, at least according to my limited judgement through her posts. Don't fear those demons. They have no power over you because someone else resides in your heart. Your heart is not swept clean and empty that demons will inhabit it. That said, I will pray for you. (Though not knowing your real name, I'll just use "hopeville" and trust God knows the way to your home. And he does! ;))

A few suggestions though: Trust that He will deliver you. Don't bash yourself, remember you are already forgiven. Look to Jonah's Prayer of repentance. (Book of Jonah) Pray while in the belly of the whale (the middle of your problem) but already claim his forgiveness (Yeah, Jonah thanked God's forgiveness even while in the process of asking). Trust in God's forgiving nature, avoid focusing on the sin you committed, for all of us are not perfect. Focus not on human frailty, not on guilt. Focus instead on God. Provide God a guilt offering if it is in your heart to do. But also know that Jesus was already the perfect guilt offering for all of us, so that we should no longer feel guilty. Our own offerings only show our willingness to part from our pleasures.

That said, I know how you feel. I've committed my own share of sins in the past - but I asked for forgiveness, and knowing that he has forgiven me, I move forward in confidence. Do not doubt the grace given you. Being battered by temptation is like a stone in the center of bashing waves, it is relentless. It is inevitable. But if our stone is Christ and his promise, then we, though not invulnerable, finds ourselves in a perfect and good foundation - and we will not fall to the violent waves. There may be a few cracks here and there, but when Christ perfects us, those cracks may actually reveal a more perfect stone than that which we began with. The tests we suffer makes us more perfect. Read the word of God, for it is not made for the perfect, but for the ones who sinned.

That said, be vigilant to future temptations, (Im preaching to myself here too) avoid them with all your might and all your heart. But if you do fall, quickly fall to your knees, then pick yourself up. There is a time for prayer, for asking for forgiveness, and then, there is a time for acting. (Exodus 14:15)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hopeville, in Genesis when the enemy came at Eve, her first response was what God had said. However, she listened to d (II Cor 11:3) and his words influenced her. Because in her 2nd response she didn't responded with the words of God but her response reveals each type of sin – lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (I John 2:16). Gen 3:6 "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise,"

Also,1Sa 16:23 "And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him." These are just a couple of Biblical examples of how what we see influences us.

I would repent to Yahweh and then you've already decided not to engage in that activity again. Good for you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0