Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Last time Black Lives Matter was popular...and handful of racist black people made headlines. This time around, it's no different...

NFL player DeSean Jackson posted a fake quote from Hitler implying that Jews were conspiring to oppress black people.

DeSean Jackson posted anti-Semitic quotes attributed to Hitler, Farrakhan

Then other black NFL players defended him.

Eagles' Malik Jackson defends DeSean Jackson, 'honorable' Louis Farrakhan after anti-Semitic uproar

And black NBA players defended him...

Stephen Jackson, ex-NBA star, says remarks about DeSean Jackson were twisted, but apologizes - CNN

Then others tried to downplay it, but it's out there....

More recently, Nick Cannon was fired by Viacom for his racist and Anti-Semitic statements.

Fired Over Anti-Semitic Comments, Nick Cannon Wants 'Wild 'N Out' Ownership

I watched the podcast, it's still on YouTube. Nick Cannon also made really racist statements about white people, calling them savages, morally deficient, and linked the evilness of white people to their lack of melanin. This isn't a new theory...it's a racist theory made popular by black academics in 70s and 80s. Realistically, it doesn't sound much different from the conversation about white privilege today...just with more about the magical effects of melanin.

Cannon, like DeSean Jackson, offered an apology for his words once it became apparent his words would cost him money. Cannon lost his show "Wild N Out" however, and backtracked on his apology. He released a statement where he claimed that he is the victim of racists in media and other institutions who were trying to silence an outspoken black man.

I see this as the logical result of certain narratives being spread in the past decade. The idea that black people can't be racist coupled with the fact that few are willing to call out or push back against black racists....means that some black racists are going to be very vocal about their racist beliefs and they won't understand why people are offended. I mean seriously, why wouldn't these guys believe they can say these things and not face any repercussions?

The reality is, of course, that there are racist people of every color and they hold racist beliefs against every color. I know some people will try to downplay this...but in principle, if a middle aged white woman in a viral video says something racist...people act like it's a big problem. By that same logic, these celebrities with millions of fans and millions of dollars, who are far more capable of influencing others and using their wealth to provide privilege according to their racist beliefs...is a much bigger problem than the average middle aged "Karen".

Thoughts?

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Before anyone asks about the previous racism that surfaced during BLMs rise in popularity....

Black Lives Matter co-founder appears to label white people ‘defects’

Whiteness is not humxness,” the statement begins. “infact, white skin is sub-humxn.” The post goes on to present a genetics-based argument centred on melanin and enzyme.

White ppl are recessive genetic defects. this is factual,” the post reads towards the end. “white ppl need white supremacy as a mechanism to protect their survival as a people because all they can do is produce themselves. black ppl simply through their dominant genes can literally wipe out the white race if we had the power to.”

This BLM leader clearly ascribes to melanin theory....

Melanin theory - Wikipedia

The sad thing is back in the 80s....this theory was dismissed as the racist garbage that it is. Today however, it's been replaced with white privilege and instead of melanin being the cause of white immorality and greed...it's the equally false "implicit bias" of white privilege that causes white people to be racist and greedy. Much like melanin theory, proponents of the idea of white privilege believe the idea to be evidently true...observable by merely looking at history.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Last time Black Lives Matter was popular...and handful of racist black people made headlines. This time around, it's no different...

NFL player DeSean Jackson posted a fake quote from Hitler implying that Jews were conspiring to oppress black people.

Black people talk like that about white people all the time and nobody bats an eye. DeSean talks like that about Jews, he gets blowback.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Black people talk like that about white people all the time and nobody bats an eye. DeSean talks like that about Jews, he gets blowback.

Facts. In articles about Cannon....all mentioned his comments about Jews, but I only saw one that mentioned his comments about whites.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if Nick Cannon will get the full Roseanne Barr treatment. I shed no tears for her, no one should shed tears for him.

I honestly don't like that he was fired. I get it, I just don't like it. I would certainly understand if he was saying this stuff on his show Wild N Out....but he didn't. It was on his own time, in a setting that I'm assuming he created for the purpose of dialogue.

I just don't see any benefit to attempting to silence honest dialogue. Engaging in honest dialogue means there's a very real possibility of offending people. It's not as if we can stop people from saying or thinking things....so I'd rather it be out in the open where we can discuss why he's wrong and how it's offensive.

• Agree
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
D-Wade clarifies initial tweet supporting Cannon

Oops...

It's hard to believe these shows of support are accidental. Really?? These guys have seen sports figures, announcers, owners...all sorts of people get in trouble for statements.

It's hard to imagine they just decided to show support without checking what was said first.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-job-at-revolt-tv-after-viacomcbs-ouster/amp/

The funny thing about this is that if he was white saying anti-semitic stuff and calling black people savages....he'd to shunned. A black celebrity says some of the most racist stuff I've heard in years and P. Diddy is offering him jobs.

The hypocrisy here is massive. Just a month ago, black people were using their platforms to tell white people that it was somehow the job of whites everywhere to dismantle racism. They used their platforms to express doubt that white people were committed to the fight against racism.

Here's how P. Diddy put it....

"We got your back and love you and what you have done for the culture. We are for our people first!!! For us! By US! Let’s go!!!

I think it's safe to say that when P Diddy says black lives matter...he means they matter more than other lives and he puts black people first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People that claim they are against racism, and are afraid to call it out are cowards. They know they will get cancelled at this point if they utter a word. It doesn't matter what their race is either. Blacks that have called this out have been attacked. It reminds me of when I was a child and my parents were marching for civils rights, and were targeted for being traitors to their race. It's popular today to ignore the irony of that.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

DeSean Jackson posted anti-Semitic quotes attributed to Hitler, Farrakhan

Then other black NFL players defended him.

Eagles' Malik Jackson defends DeSean Jackson, 'honorable' Louis Farrakhan after anti-Semitic uproar

And black NBA players defended him...

Stephen Jackson, ex-NBA star, says remarks about DeSean Jackson were twisted, but apologizes - CNN

Then others tried to downplay it, but it's out there....

More recently, Nick Cannon was fired by Viacom for his racist and Anti-Semitic statements.

Fired Over Anti-Semitic Comments, Nick Cannon Wants 'Wild 'N Out' Ownership

I watched the podcast, it's still on YouTube. Nick Cannon also made really racist statements about white people, calling them savages, morally deficient, and linked the evilness of white people to their lack of melanin. This isn't a new theory...it's a racist theory made popular by black academics in 70s and 80s. Realistically, it doesn't sound much different from the conversation about white privilege today...just with more about the magical effects of melanin.

Cannon, like DeSean Jackson, offered an apology for his words once it became apparent his words would cost him money. Cannon lost his show "Wild N Out" however, and backtracked on his apology. He released a statement where he claimed that he is the victim of racists in media and other institutions who were trying to silence an outspoken black man.

I see this as the logical result of certain narratives being spread in the past decade. The idea that black people can't be racist coupled with the fact that few are willing to call out or push back against black racists....means that some black racists are going to be very vocal about their racist beliefs and they won't understand why people are offended. I mean seriously, why wouldn't these guys believe they can say these things and not face any repercussions?

The reality is, of course, that there are racist people of every color and they hold racist beliefs against every color. I know some people will try to downplay this...but in principle, if a middle aged white woman in a viral video says something racist...people act like it's a big problem. By that same logic, these celebrities with millions of fans and millions of dollars, who are far more capable of influencing others and using their wealth to provide privilege according to their racist beliefs...is a much bigger problem than the average middle aged "Karen".

Thoughts?

Have you seen this yet?

“The most racist thing I read this week came from The National Museum of African American History and Culture, which discussed negative signs of “whiteness” — individualism, hard work, science, objectivity, family, progress, respect for authority, delayed gratification, religion.”

It’s even worse at the website…

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reality is, of course, that there are racist people of every color and they hold racist beliefs against every color. I know some people will try to downplay this...but in principle, if a middle aged white woman in a viral video says something racist...people act like it's a big problem.
There are black people who are racist.

There are white people who are racist.

It's not a problem to me ... unless they're threatening my life, liberty, and happiness ... by calling the police on me ... just because I'm black.

Or ... if they're in a position of service or authority over me (police, justice system, government, etc.) ... and they treat me unfairly ... because I'm black.

Louis Farrakhan (and the Black Islam cult) has been around for a while ... and the vast majority of American blacks do not follow him/them.

The vast majority of blacks chose to follow MLK and his much more peaceful, equitable leading.

All most black people want us to be treated fairly in this great society in which we find ourselves.

There will always be outliers on every side, ... but as long as I can ignore them and live my life, I'm good ...

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I honestly don't like that he was fired. I get it, I just don't like it. I would certainly understand if he was saying this stuff on his show Wild N Out....but he didn't. It was on his own time, in a setting that I'm assuming he created for the purpose of dialogue.

I just don't see any benefit to attempting to silence honest dialogue. Engaging in honest dialogue means there's a very real possibility of offending people. It's not as if we can stop people from saying or thinking things....so I'd rather it be out in the open where we can discuss why he's wrong and how it's offensive.
Celebrities, politicians, etc. never have "their own time". They are always promoting their brands, which means whatever they put out there is fair game.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are black people who are racist.

There are white people who are racist.

It's not a problem to me ... unless they're threatening my life, liberty, and happiness ... by calling the police on me ... just because I'm black.

Or ... if they're in a position of service or authority over me (police, justice system, government, etc.) ... and they treat me unfairly ... because I'm black.

Louis Farrakhan (and the Black Islam cult) has been around for a while ... and the vast majority of American blacks do not follow him/them.

The vast majority of blacks chose to follow MLK and his much more peaceful, equitable leading.

All most black people want us to be treated fairly in this great society in which we find ourselves.

There will always be outliers on every side, ... but as long as I can ignore them and live my life, I'm good ...

I've read a few articles that say places are wanting to punish the one calling 911. Even though it's hard to know someones intent it's going to stop people from calling on people breaking the law if they are black. I know I would have to think twice about it now. If I was wrong or my name was released it could put me in the hot seat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've read a few articles that say places are wanting to punish the one calling 911. Even though it's hard to know someones intent it's going to stop people from calling on people breaking the law if they are black. I know I would have to think twice about it now. If I was wrong or my name was released it could put me in the hot seat.
Sometimes do try to weaponize 911. If you think before calling, you will be unlikely to embarrass yourself.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Celebrities, politicians, etc. never have "their own time". They are always promoting their brands, which means whatever they put out there is fair game.

Sometimes they promote other brands too...
Untitled117.jpg

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes do try to weaponize 911. If you think before calling, you will be unlikely to embarrass yourself.

With the way things are going I would probably just keep on going and let the next guy worry about it. Seeing how all whites are seen as racist regardless.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With the way things are going I would probably just keep on going and let the next guy worry about it. Seeing how all whites are seen as racist regardless.
If you have to debate whether to call 911, maybe you don't need 911.

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0