Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Tickets for a Redskins game can be had for a mere $6. That's something. I remember a co-worker in the early 1990s who had season tickets as a family heirloom. Maybe he should have cashed in then.
Also, I wonder if Thursday night games might need to be axed next season due to low ratings and player complaints about having to play a mid-week game. Adding Thursday night was too greedy, as Mark Cuban observed at the time, "pigs gets slaughtered," referring to greedy investors.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Tickets for a Redskins game can be had for a mere $6. That's something. I remember a co-worker in the early 1990s who had season tickets as a family heirloom. Maybe he should have cashed in then.
Also, I wonder if Thursday night games might need to be axed next season due to low ratings and player complaints about having to play a mid-week game. Adding Thursday night was too greedy, as Mark Cuban observed at the time, "pigs gets slaughtered," referring to greedy investors.

Didn't they EXPECT this?

What did they THINK would happen when ya' kick the fans and the country of these fans in the teeth? Repeatedly?

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." ~Proverbs 16:18

fallen1.jpg

Upvote 0

badatusernames

Nov 14, 2017
US
✟22,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

As High Fidelity said, they're a bad team playing another bad team this weekend. Go look at ticket prices for the Steelers - Pats game, the cheapest ones are $195.

I remember a co-worker in the early 1990s who had season tickets as a family heirloom. Maybe he should have cashed in then.

For the Redskins or another team? That's still very much the norm in places like Green Bay where the waiting list to get season tickets is about 30 years long, it's the same in Philadelphia. Here's some others...
Baltimore Ravens - 20 years
Tennessee Titans - 20 years
New England Patriots - 12 years
Seattle Seahawks - 10-12 years
Houston Texans - 4 years
Minnesota Vikins - 1 year (just opened a new stadium last year)
Teams With Wait List Names, but no time
Denver Broncos - about 73,000 names
New York Giants - about 70,000 names
New Orleans Saints - about 70,000 names

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
your quote is off here it is
Just watch,” Cuban said in a March 2014 conversation with reporters. “Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way. I’m just telling you, when you’ve got a good thing and you get greedy, it always, always, always, always, always turns on you. That’s rule No. 1 of business.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
As High Fidelity said, they're a bad team playing another bad team this weekend. Go look at ticket prices for the Steelers - Pats game, the cheapest ones are $195.

For the Redskins or another team? That's still very much the norm in places like Green Bay where the waiting list to get season tickets is about 30 years long, it's the same in Philadelphia. Here's some others...
Baltimore Ravens - 20 years
Tennessee Titans - 20 years
New England Patriots - 12 years
Seattle Seahawks - 10-12 years
Houston Texans - 4 years
Minnesota Vikins - 1 year (just opened a new stadium last year)
Teams With Wait List Names, but no time
Denver Broncos - about 73,000 names
New York Giants - about 70,000 names
New Orleans Saints - about 70,000 names
It was for the Redskins. The 1990s were probably their peak market value. I can understand a long list for Green Bay, since the team is the town's heritage and industry. But 20 years for the Ravens or Titans? Sensing overvalued stock there.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
your quote is off here it is
Just watch,” Cuban said in a March 2014 conversation with reporters. “Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way. I’m just telling you, when you’ve got a good thing and you get greedy, it always, always, always, always, always turns on you. That’s rule No. 1 of business.

Thanks. Should have said, according to Cuban, instead of using quotation marks.

Upvote 0

badatusernames

Nov 14, 2017
US
✟22,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was for the Redskins. The 1990s were probably their peak market value. I can understand a long list for Green Bay, since the team is the town's heritage and industry. But 20 years for the Ravens or Titans? Sensing overvalued stock there.

I was also surprised when I looked it up to find the Titans' wait list to be that long, but Tennessee is a pretty big football state so that could be at least part of it. The Ravens, however, used to be a really good team having been in the playoffs 10 times from 2000-2014 including two Super Bowls.

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Didn't they EXPECT this?

What did they THINK would happen when ya' kick the fans and the country of these fans in the teeth? Repeatedly?

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." ~Proverbs 16:18

fallen1.jpg
It's a fair question, tbh. The spectators paying the freight for tickets, jerseys, merch and nachos with extra cheese apparently have a political worldview in common with each other and don't appreciate their hobby being turned into a venue for politics which speak against their sense of patriotism.

Attendance is sparse right now. I've wondered a few times if the only reason as many people show up as they do is because they bought their season tickets before this nonsense happened and they're simply riding out their investment.

Attendance next season could tell a much worse story for the NFL.

Me, I couldn't care less. It's practically heresy in my state to hate football... but call me a heretic because I hate football. I've never understood what's supposed to be so amazing about it. Hockey is a MAN'S sport. The NHL is something I could actually respect.

The nachos with extra cheese you can buy at hockey games are just as delicious as the ones at football games while the sport being played is very close to 1000 times more entertaining. Hockey players are obviously superior athletes anyway. And with the advent of UFC, the NHL has fewer fights which saves time for more game play.

Hockey. Now that's a sport I can enjoy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's a fair question, tbh. The spectators paying the freight for tickets, jerseys, merch and nachos with extra cheese apparently have a political worldview in common with each other and don't appreciate their hobby being turned into a venue for politics which speak against their sense of patriotism.

Attendance is sparse right now. I've wondered a few times if the only reason as many people show up as they do is because they bought their season tickets before this nonsense happened and they're simply riding out their investment.

Attendance next season could tell a much worse story for the NFL.

Me, I couldn't care less. It's practically heresy in my state to hate football... but call me a heretic because I hate football. I've never understood what's supposed to be so amazing about it. Hockey is a MAN'S sport. The NHL is something I could actually respect.

The nachos with extra cheese you can buy at hockey games are just as delicious as the ones at football games while the sport being played is very close to 1000 times more entertaining. Hockey players are obviously superior athletes anyway. And with the advent of UFC, the NHL has fewer fights which saves time for more game play.

Hockey. Now that's a sport I can enjoy.
This is an excellent point.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Didn't they EXPECT this?

fallen1.jpg
If you really want to know the facts about that you can look here....where you can look at attendance for each team over several years, including this 2017 season.

It hasn't effected the percentages for my team the Steelers.
2017 NFL Football Attendance - National Football League - ESPN

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Stadium attendance is not even that important, except
as a visual and audio bonus to the people watching on TV.

What you pay for tickets and buy in the stadium may
aid the local economy, but the owners get the majority
of their money from commercial sponsors, same as the
players who get endorsements. Once the teams offend
the sponsors enough, there goes the money.

That's why, instead of boycotting team sponsors, I would
go after player endorsements. Hit those anti-Americans
in their purses.

Last edited:
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Stadium attendance is not even that important, except
as a visual and audio bonus to the people watching on TV.

What you pay for tickets and buy in the stadium may
aid the local economy, but the owners get the majority
of their money from commercial sponsors, same as the
players who get endorsements. Once the teams offend
the sponsors enough, there goes the money.

That's why, instead of boycotting team sponsors, I would
go after player endorsements. Hit those anti-Americans
in their purses.
I wonder if owners will eventually hire rent-a-fans to populate empty seats, just for appearances sake. Like the old window gawkers used in the early days of department stores.

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Not unusual for NFL games towards the end of the season when the weather is bad and the team has no chance for the playoffs, to have tickets no one wants.

Upvote 0