Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As if the Congress has nothing better to do, (unemployment aid and stimulus, for example), Pelosi is working on the next political trick in her quiver - invoking the 25th amendment.

When will these attempts to de-legitimize, undermine and thwart Trump and the results of the 2016 election end? When will Congress start working for and prioritizing WE THE PEOPLE?

From where I'm sitting, Pelosi is more interested in power, than she cares about American citizens.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If Trump were forced to resign due to incompetence (that he has displayed since January 21, 2017) Pelosi would not acquire power. Pence would succeed Trump. He would appoint a VP within days. She would be in exactly the same place she is today.

The only difference would be that our country would be safer, and Pence would not be calling out underground right-wing groups to attack his political opponents.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
From where I'm sitting, Pelosi is more interested in power, than she cares about American citizens.

Wow! That would mean that Pence is secretly working with her to take over the government from Trump! I knew Pence was up to no good. Thanks for bringing forward this critical information!

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As if the Congress has nothing better to do, (unemployment aid and stimulus, for example), Pelosi is working on the next political trick in her quiver - invoking the 25th amendment.

When will these attempts to de-legitimize, undermine and thwart Trump and the results of the 2016 election end? When will Congress start working for and prioritizing WE THE PEOPLE?

The irony of Pelosi speaking about someone else's mental/physical fitness is cosmic...atomic.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟905,276.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Last I heard the house had completed that and were waiting for the Republicans to catch up. Seems the President can't make up his mind if he wants to help the people or not. Gives the house plenty of time for other pursuits like contemplating if they should exercise their constitutional power.

Let us know when "We the People" includes those of us who voted for the other candidate.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I neglected to mention that Pelosi and the left's irrational and over the top hatred of Trump is a major motivation. In the mean time, millions of out-of-work Americans are going hungry, facing evictions and suffering right now.

I can understand why you're an atheist. It must be very difficult for you to accept truth.

Trump has been President for almost 4 years, so millions of out-of-work Americans going hungry, facing evictions and suffering right now are his fault.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,155.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Obviously she and her party have calculated that to pull such a stunt might pull support away from Trump that he's not fit. Like with anything there's always a certain percentage of people that will agree....I think however it's a great mistake and will be counter productive to their goal. Many will view it for what it is being beyond ridiculous and wasting time Congress should be doing other things. Then there are Dems running for Congress in Trump favoured states.....good luck for them trying to tell people their party can show moderation and restraint. We'll see soon enough.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,155.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I can understand why you're an atheist. It must be very difficult for you to accept truth.

Trump has been President for almost 4 years, so millions of out-of-work Americans going hungry, facing evictions and suffering right now are his fault.
Sorry pescador but you set aside the fact that many will blame the Dems for their being out of work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,155.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Wow! That would mean that Pence is secretly working with her to take over the government from Trump! I knew Pence was up to no good. Thanks for bringing forward this critical information!
And what if their goal had various stages? Trump out Step 1...Pence out Step 2 ?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,781.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
As if the Congress has nothing better to do, (unemployment aid and stimulus, for example)
You mean the stuff that the senate won't even discuss because Mitch is stonewalling since the house turned blue?

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Wow. Starting off with a personal attack. How nice.

Before the pandemic, unemployment was at record lows, and the economy was at record highs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
And what if their goal had various stages? Trump out Step 1...Pence out Step 2 ?

That would be quite a double-cross on Pence, who would have to be fully on their side to enact Step 1. I wouldn't put it past Pelosi, but Pence would probably be watching out for that double-cross.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟905,276.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I neglected to mention that Pelosi and the left's irrational and over the top hatred of Trump is a major motivation.

Thanks for letting us know what we think Kresken.
In the mean time, millions of out-of-work Americans are going hungry, facing evictions and suffering right now.

At what point do the Republicans get to start working on this?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

This is just a demonstration of how little confidence they have in Biden winning on his own. We will have 4 more years of this hysteria, lies, and corrupt proceedings if the Dems maintain the House after the election.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Assuming the department she is proposing is made in time (doubtful), it would still only be for the time Trump is on his COVID drugs and the power would go to Pence.

I don't see this as a power grab, but as trying to follow the Consitution. This is something Congress should have done 50 years ago.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a political stunt. It's the equivalent of "Mexico is paying for the wall".

Upvote 0