Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

No they won it without a doubt. They did a brilliant job of avoiding the problem of his bad leadership and were able to do a record amount of fund raising and fear mongering to handily keep him in office.

There was an interesting amount of race baiting too. If the shoe was on the other foot, the stories like the one below would have made national headlines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,417.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟574,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No they won it without a doubt. They did a brilliant job of avoiding the problem of his bad leadership and were able to do a record amount of fund raising and fear mongering to handily keep him in office.

There was an interesting amount of race baiting too. If the shoe was on the other foot, the stories like the one below would have made national headlines.

After they allowed strip clubs to open last year while churches remained closed, I realized that hedonism is the religion of that state.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After they allowed strip clubs to open last year while churches remained closed, I realized that hedonism is the religion of that state.
It was a legal action against Newsom's Covid mandate. One of the reasons he went through a recall. Let's get that straight.
"Two San Diego strip clubs can remain open and make their own determinations about providing a safe environment for dancers and patrons during the pandemic, a judge ruled Wednesday. The decision dealt a setback to Gov. Gavin Newsom's health order that calls for such establishments to be shuttered."

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sounds like it was the judge that allowed strip clubs to open, that you actually want impeached. Who knows, maybe if they'd attempted to impeach the judge for that decision, it would have worked?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
While we probably haven't heard the last of Larry Elder as a politician, I can at least hope he does not become the face of the CA GOP. As an outsider and loser, I don't see that he should have much influence with them. On the other hand, it looks like he pulled in close to 50% of the vote in a statewide election (meaningless though it was since the recall failed). The asterisk on that is that the rest of the field was relative nobodies and celebrities.

(I voted Faulconer, the former GOP mayor of San Diego, who at least appeared competent for the job. Currently, he sits at 8.6%, in 3rd just behind Democrat YouTube star Paffrath.)

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
While we probably haven't heard the last of Larry Elder as a politician, I can at least hope he does not become the face of the CA GOP. As an outsider and loser, I don't see that he should have much influence with them. On the other hand, it looks like he pulled in close to 50% of the vote in a statewide election (meaningless though it was since the recall failed). The asterisk on that is that the rest of the field was relative nobodies and celebrities.

(I voted Faulconer, the former GOP mayor of San Diego, who at least appeared competent for the job. Currently, he sits at 8.6%, in 3rd just behind Democrat YouTube star Paffrath.)
There were some people in the list like Faulconer that should have been serious candidates, but the person who did the best was a radio host. It's kind of scary.

ETA: I don't know why anybody was surprised Newson won. He's a fairly popular governor in a state that has far more registered Democrats then Republicans.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You're late, they started from the main GOP candidate before the election was even held.

True, he did.

However, he did change his attitude after the loss. Last night, he acknowledged the loss. Presumably, he is planning to run again next year.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Last night, he acknowledged the loss. Presumably, he is planning to run again next year.

I have the same hunch you do about Elder running again.

As for the recall, a Democratic voter who didn't think Newsom was doing a good job as Governor and might have voted to recall did not have a real choice of a different Democrat.

It was Newsom or the Republican conservative, Elder (meaning that Elder was far ahead of the other candidates seeking to replace Newsom had the election gone the other way, and this had been widely reported).

One wonders what might have happened if a really strong Democrat had been in the race to be the replacement for Newsom.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
One wonders what might have happened if a really strong Democrat had been in the race to be the replacement for Newsom.

It's funny you say that I recall seeing an interview with the top Democrat on the replacement roster, he gave an interesting talk how he and your average Democrats are cut out of things. It's like having old money only it is part of being part of big city politics and having the right connections in the party and state government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Let the exodus of people from California continue.....
No! Many of them are a lot like many of the immigrants we get here. Immigrants come and want to turn the country into the home they just fled from, and Californians leave and push their progressive (regressive) nonsense on their next community.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Let the accusations of electoral fraud commence........
Commence? Where have you been. They were saying this before any votes had even been counted.

The one thing we can say for certain is that Trumpism is not a winning strategy in the Golden State.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Meanwhile, in Looneytoonystan...

E_TOLCoXsAonECx

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Faulconer was the only recall candidate that I could take at all serious, not that I thought he had a chance but he would have been the most bearable replacement I could think of so while I voted NO on recall, I picked him for the possible replacement. The rest of the field was pretty much just a joke, Elder included.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There were some people in the list like Faulconer that should have been serious candidates, but the person who did the best was a radio host. It's kind of scary.

The last accounting I could find listed the total number of members of Congress who had previously been radio personalities at seven. Al Franken (D-MN) was probably the best known former radio talk-show host to have made the jump to Congress in recent years.

Upvote 0