• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

News You Will Never Hear. 500,000 March

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by eastcoast_bsc, Jan 25, 2013.

1. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,562
    Judaism
    Married
    A segment on Kim Kardashian's baby would bring probably 100x the ratings as a march on Washington. Any march on Washington. It's pretty sad when someone who's famous for having a sex tape, a show marriage, committing adultery (since she's still married), and having an out-of-wedlock baby is far more important than real issues.

2. MKJ

MKJ Contributor

+675
    Anglican
    Married
    CA-Greens
    The thing is, the reason we have little real journalism and the news media is so polarized is that is what people want and will listen to.

A real investigative journalist tries to be an ethical reporter no matter what his own political view, and gives the facts and tries to show truth honestly, in so far as anyone is able.

Look at the stuff people post at OBOB in the politics forum - most of it is blatant attempts to twist facts to their political agendas.

If you want real journalism, you have to be willing to accept something other than partisan vomit in your media.

3. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

+7,409
    Catholic
    Private
    True true.
    its sad...tho really.

4. true2theword

true2theword Newbie

+21
    Non-Denom
    Private

If you are able to understand how this works, and how the media keeps real news from the public on the subject of abortion please try to grasp this is not the only subject and story they are keeping from public knowledge, it gets much deeper than you can imagine

5. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+23,331
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  6. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,562
    Judaism
    Married
    If you go again, could you explain to them what someone saying "excuse me" means when they are attempting to get past you to make a train on time? :p

7. WarriorAngel

+7,409
    Catholic
    Private
    That's an article she was quoting. Michie isnt a Lutheran for Life. :)

8. Fran75

Fran75 Senior Member

+59
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Of course an adoptive parent I am sensitive to this but I have found this to be the case also.
    I have had ppl .say to me that they could not bear to "give up" a child for adoption and would rather have an abortion, while I admire their honesty it really floors me, making an adoption plan for your child is a very difficult painful decision but to feel that the child would be better off dead/never born than being raised by a "stranger" absolutely breaks my heart.
    I also agree that adoption from a private agency of a infant is VERY expensive, adoption through foster care is VERY affordable, and nearly free in most cases. We started out in a domestic infant program and ended up adopting an infant from foster care ( not something that happens often, children adopted from foster care are usually older).
    I also think our adoption laws are pretty good in the US, not perfect, but not much I would change.

9. Michie

+23,331
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Contact the author. ^_^

10. Michie

+23,331
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Our adoption & foster attempts were very complicated due to family issues muddying things up. I won't go into it but I feel that the process needs an overhaul to get these kids out of the system.

11. MKJ

MKJ Contributor

+675
    Anglican
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Could be worse. When i was on my way to the hospital in labour, I got caught in the local parade of Lights.

12. WarriorAngel

+7,409
    Catholic
    Private
    When we wanted to foster - we found out that the foster family [if the child works out] are the 1st to have the option to adopt the child.
    Most of the time - it takes 18 mo's now for a parent to get it together and work with the foster system before they put the child up for adoption.

13. Fran75

Fran75 Senior Member

+59
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    :hug: I am so sorry Michie, your empathy always shine through in you posts, you would make a wonderful mother and I am very sorry that you have not had the opportunity.

14. WarriorAngel

+7,409
    Catholic
    Private
    You can try again.
    I think every 2 years you can try.

We didnt continue. But were told to return if we change our minds in 2 years. My husband doesnt think we should at this point. Probably doesnt want to start over. But i actually prefer to take in teens. Nobody else wants them...and it breaks my heart.

Of course teens - [where is that hair pulling emoticon?]

15. Michie

+23,331
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you Fran. I make up for it in other ways. I have nieces & nephews. I've just broadened my scope. :)

One thing I will say... when my Aunt found out all the trouble & frustration we were having with the process, she actually tried to draw up contact & extort 10,000.00 from us to have a cousin of mine hand over her baby... can you believe it?

Family history was shut down because of no cooperation. I needed it for adoption of the indian children we were looking to adopt. So much drama. So much interference. We were in the middle of building this house, going through this process with so much more going on. I got really sick. Went through horrid depression & felt like I was going to have a breakdown.

My husband finally put his foot down & we just started separating ourselves from it all to heal.

In the end, another aunt of mine lost a daughter to the state & her grown daughter lost two sons to the state. Horrible painful time for my husband & I.

16. Michie

+23,331
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Stupid press, stupid people: Non-reporting the March for Life...

When George Orwell wrote Nineteen Eighty-Four, the novel describing a dystopia of mass stupidity and surveillance, he wasn’t making a prediction. He was describing what he actually saw in England. His protagonist, Winston Smith, works at the Ministry of Truth, whose enterprise is to engage in massive lying...

17. Michie

+23,331
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  18. Michie

+23,331
    United States
    Catholic