LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Now for instance - this is news worthy in that half a million ppl went out in the freezing temps to protest.

A segment on Kim Kardashian's baby would bring probably 100x the ratings as a march on Washington. Any march on Washington. It's pretty sad when someone who's famous for having a sex tape, a show marriage, committing adultery (since she's still married), and having an out-of-wedlock baby is far more important than real issues.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The thing is, the reason we have little real journalism and the news media is so polarized is that is what people want and will listen to.

A real investigative journalist tries to be an ethical reporter no matter what his own political view, and gives the facts and tries to show truth honestly, in so far as anyone is able.

Look at the stuff people post at OBOB in the politics forum - most of it is blatant attempts to twist facts to their political agendas.

If you want real journalism, you have to be willing to accept something other than partisan vomit in your media.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A segment on Kim Kardashian's baby would bring probably 100x the ratings as a march on Washington. Any march on Washington. It's pretty sad when someone who's famous for having a sex tape, a show marriage, committing adultery (since she's still married), and having an out-of-wedlock baby is far more important than real issues.
True true.
its sad...tho really.

Upvote 0

true2theword

Nov 8, 2012
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I watched the main stream media and heard scant and/or no reporting on a massive rally in our nations capital .

Over 500,000 citizens in Pro-life day. I submit that our media for the most is no better than any other totalitarian regime in any other God forsaken part of the hemisphere.

Can you imagine, if over 500,000 marched on Washington for Pro-abortion rights ? The media would be non-stop in coverage.

Abortion opponents march in Washington | Fox News

If you are able to understand how this works, and how the media keeps real news from the public on the subject of abortion please try to grasp this is not the only subject and story they are keeping from public knowledge, it gets much deeper than you can imagine

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
My family and I participated in the March For Life and, smack dab in the middle of it, we didn’t really have much of a perspective of its size. It was extremely cold — just brutal conditions — so I kept my head down and my hands in my pocket. I knew that the number of Lutherans for Life, which was our contingent...

If you go again, could you explain to them what someone saying "excuse me" means when they are attempting to get past you to make a train on time? :p

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think adoption is forgotten in general when it comes to the national discussion on abortion.

From my experience...it seems the conversation goes...
'Amen, you've decided to keep your baby. Praise God! We have prenatal classes and baby clothes from our pregnancy center to share with you'

'Well, I've decided to have the baby, actually. Instead of having an abortion, I'm going to place the baby for adoption'

'Oh, ok, well good luck with that'

Of course an adoptive parent I am sensitive to this but I have found this to be the case also.
I have had ppl .say to me that they could not bear to "give up" a child for adoption and would rather have an abortion, while I admire their honesty it really floors me, making an adoption plan for your child is a very difficult painful decision but to feel that the child would be better off dead/never born than being raised by a "stranger" absolutely breaks my heart.
I also agree that adoption from a private agency of a infant is VERY expensive, adoption through foster care is VERY affordable, and nearly free in most cases. We started out in a domestic infant program and ended up adopting an infant from foster care ( not something that happens often, children adopted from foster care are usually older).
I also think our adoption laws are pretty good in the US, not perfect, but not much I would change.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course an adoptive parent I am sensitive to this but I have found this to be the case also.
I have had ppl .say to me that they could not bear to "give up" a child for adoption and would rather have an abortion, while I admire their honesty it really floors me, making an adoption plan for your child is a very difficult painful decision but to feel that the child would be better off dead/never born than being raised by a "stranger" absolutely breaks my heart.
I also agree that adoption from a private agency of a infant is VERY expensive, adoption through foster care is VERY affordable, and nearly free in most cases. We started out in a domestic infant program and ended up adopting an infant from foster care ( not something that happens often, children adopted from foster care are usually older).
I also think our adoption laws are pretty good in the US, not perfect, but not much I would change.
Our adoption & foster attempts were very complicated due to family issues muddying things up. I won't go into it but I feel that the process needs an overhaul to get these kids out of the system.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If you go again, could you explain to them what someone saying "excuse me" means when they are attempting to get past you to make a train on time? :p

Could be worse. When i was on my way to the hospital in labour, I got caught in the local parade of Lights.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
When we wanted to foster - we found out that the foster family [if the child works out] are the 1st to have the option to adopt the child.
Most of the time - it takes 18 mo's now for a parent to get it together and work with the foster system before they put the child up for adoption.

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Our adoption & foster attempts were very complicated due to family issues muddying things up. I won't go into it but I feel that the process needs an overhaul to get these kids out of the system.

:hug: I am so sorry Michie, your empathy always shine through in you posts, you would make a wonderful mother and I am very sorry that you have not had the opportunity.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You can try again.
I think every 2 years you can try.

We didnt continue. But were told to return if we change our minds in 2 years. My husband doesnt think we should at this point. Probably doesnt want to start over. But i actually prefer to take in teens. Nobody else wants them...and it breaks my heart.

Of course teens - [where is that hair pulling emoticon?]

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:hug: I am so sorry Michie, your empathy always shine through in you posts, you would make a wonderful mother and I am very sorry that you have not had the opportunity.
Thank you Fran. I make up for it in other ways. I have nieces & nephews. I've just broadened my scope. :)

One thing I will say... when my Aunt found out all the trouble & frustration we were having with the process, she actually tried to draw up contact & extort 10,000.00 from us to have a cousin of mine hand over her baby... can you believe it?

Family history was shut down because of no cooperation. I needed it for adoption of the indian children we were looking to adopt. So much drama. So much interference. We were in the middle of building this house, going through this process with so much more going on. I got really sick. Went through horrid depression & felt like I was going to have a breakdown.

My husband finally put his foot down & we just started separating ourselves from it all to heal.

In the end, another aunt of mine lost a daughter to the state & her grown daughter lost two sons to the state. Horrible painful time for my husband & I.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stupid press, stupid people: Non-reporting the March for Life...

When George Orwell wrote Nineteen Eighty-Four, the novel describing a dystopia of mass stupidity and surveillance, he wasn’t making a prediction. He was describing what he actually saw in England. His protagonist, Winston Smith, works at the Ministry of Truth, whose enterprise is to engage in massive lying...

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0