Semi-Nomad
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Messianic
<SPAN class=t18B>Government approves Yishai's plan to bring
20,000 Falashmura to Israel
</SPAN>

<SPAN class=t18B>I find this to be an exciting plan, especially since it flies in the face of current Israeli law which prohibits Jews from immigrating if they say they follow Yeshua. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=t18B>There has long been an outcry by Ethiopian Jews to allow the Messianic Ethiopian Jews to immigrate in. In Ethiopia the communities are very close and they don't have the hostility common&nbsp;from Sephardic and Askenazi Jews&nbsp;towards their Messianic brethren.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=t18B>I think this is great news and I pray that it will be a trend towards allowing Jews of all faith to immigrate, live, and worship freely according to their own convictions in Israel.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=t18B>Shalom.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=t18B>Edit: Why does this post look so weird?</SPAN>

Talmid HaYarok

Feb 3, 2003
Semi-Nomad
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Messianic
I copied and pasted the URL into the link, and the name of the article.

Yeah, its great news. I also hope that Shinui makes a strong presence in the new coalition government and is able to balance freedom of religion for Jews in Israel. Certainly the Lord's work won't be complete until all Jews (not just Orthodox ones) are able to reside in Israel and call it home.

This makes me really happy, I sure hope it gets extended beyond just Ethiopian Messianic Jews.

Upvote 0

Talmid HaYarok

Feb 3, 2003
Semi-Nomad
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Messianic
News Update

The decision to allow the mass imigration of the Falashmura has been halted and is pending review. This is because the Shinui party now has control of immigration policy.

Its yet to be seen how this will work out, so please be praying. It may actually work out better for Messianic Jews than before, but could also be worse.

Eli Yishai's real victory was in having a decision passed in which the halakhic perspective superseded the civil perspective as regards Jewish identity. According to the civil approach, anyone who decided to convert to Christianity ceases to be a Jew, while the halakhic approach sees Jewish identity as an irreversible biological matter, and therefore the convert, as inappropriate as it may seem, remains a Jew. Incidentally, much religious import is placed on "bringing a Jew back to his roots."

The debate over the new decision conjures up the petition brought in 1962 by Carmelite priest Daniel Rufeisen (Brother Daniel), who converted during the Holocaust, but asked that the High Court of Justice recognize him as a Jew since he was born to a Jewish mother. His petition was rejected, but at the time, the religious justice on the panel, Moshe Silberg, noted that the petition would have been accepted on the basis of Jewish Law. An echo of the Rufeisen verdict can be discerned in the Law of Return itself, which awards the right to immigrate to those born to a Jewish mother but who "are not members of another religion." In other words, according to the Law of Return, a Jew who converted to Judaism is not entitled to immigrate. Rabbi Menachem Waldman, who has devoted himself to the immigration of the Falashmura for years, notes that even if there is some similarity between the Rufeisen case and that of the Falashmura, "You have to remember that Brother Daniel continued to carry on a Christian lifestyle, while the Falashmura wish to resume a full Jewish lifestyle."

Just a teaser of what is in the article....

Upvote 0

Talmid HaYarok

Feb 3, 2003
Semi-Nomad
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Messianic
Another&nbsp;snippet to convince you to read the article:

The new policy has created a storm among the civil servants, who mostly oppose it vehemently. Sources in both the Absorption Ministry and the Jewish Agency call the decision scandalous. They fear that negation of the definitions determined in the Law of Return will bring hundreds of thousands of Christian Ethiopians to Israel, as well as other peoples claiming Jewish roots.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Talmid HaYarok

Feb 3, 2003
Semi-Nomad
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Messianic
Matthew 23:37&amp;39

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killing the projets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!

For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

So Jerusalem is not going to see Yeshua again until it accepts "he who comes in the name of the Lord" - a Messianic a reference.

There also many references indicating that he'll come back to Jerusalem first, the place where he ascended from. At that time its going to welcome him with open arms. So either Jerusalem is going to see a huge influx of welcoming Christians (and many of those claiming to be Christians won't be saved), or the Jews of the area are going to accept him.

Its brief because of time, but thats it in a nutshell. Questions are welcome and appreciated so I can clarify... I know this isn't as detailed as I'd like it to be.

Upvote 0

Ruhama

25 'הושע ב
Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
✟891.00
Faith
Messianic
This reminds me of an Israeli song that describes the journey to Israel from Ethiopia... it's off topic a bit, but it's worth sharing:
Hamasa L'Eretz Yisrael
The Journey to the Land of Israel
Words: Chaim Idissis Music: Shlomo Gronich

The moon is watching from above
On my back is a light bag of food
The desert beneath me has no end ahead
And my mother promises my little brothers

"A little more, a little more
lift up your legs, a last push
towards Jerusalem"

The moonlight stood fast
Our bag of food was lost.
The endless desert
Cries of jackals
And my mother comforts my little brothers

"A little bit more, a little more
soon we'll be redeemed
we won't stop going
to the land of Israel"

And at night bandits attacked
With a knife and a sharp sword
In the desert, the blood of my mother
The moon is my witness and I promise my brothers

"A little bit more, a little more
The dream will be fulfilled
Soon we will arrive in the land of Israel."

In the moon the image of my mother looks at me
mother don't disappear
If only she was by my side
she would be able to convince them
that I am a Jew.

In my class where I first heard this I was told that this was the common experience - trekking over sand dunes, being attacked by bandits and family members dying, and nearly starving to death in an effort to get to Israel, and then not being accepted as a Jew... it's an amazing story.

@Talmid - btw, what parts of the article do you disagree with? I'm really curious to hear what you have to say.

Upvote 0