united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm so sorry for even turning on the news today, and pray for relief from the sheer duress of the problems of life.

Another mass shooting this morning, and there is just way too much on my personal plate already.

My neighborhood is already is trouble and getting worse, so this constant state of fear is totally debilitating.

I don't understand any more the motivation to keep killing other people at all.

I am devastated by my moms death recently, and the seemingly falling apart of the beautiful country I grew up in, where I didn't need to lock the doors.

The flag constantly at half mass....the constant harassment of people who are lost and are using substances, and the constant fear state I live in just trying to go to the store.

Nearly everyday, someone is shot and killed nearby....:-(

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I know Sister, We know these things have to happen at being fulfilled but it is terrible to see it. Love is definitely waxing cold now days.
Praying for strength for you

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm so sorry for even turning on the news today, and pray for relief from the sheer duress of the problems of life.

Another mass shooting this morning, and there is just way too much on my personal plate already.

My neighborhood is already is trouble and getting worse, so this constant state of fear is totally debilitating.

I am devastated by my moms death recently, and the seemingly falling apart of the beautiful country I grew up in, where I didn't need to lock the doors.

The flag constantly at half mass....the constant harassment of people who are lost and are using substances, and the constant fear state I live in just trying to go to the store.

Difficult to watch prophesy unfolding.

John 16

33 I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take courage; I have overcome the world!

Amen.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another mass shooting this morning

My 29 year old daughter lives close to where this shooting took place. Of course she sent me a text telling me how difficult this is for her to deal with. It's so random there's nothing I can tell her to help her stay safe.

Upvote 0

Jesusismyking87!!

Nov 3, 2018
Savannah
✟19,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I do not even turn on any news no matter what it is. And I hear ya I do not remorse no more for the things that are passing for I know who is coming. :)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know Sister, We know these things have to happen at being fulfilled but it is terrible to see it. Love is definitely waxing cold now days.
Praying for strength for you
I try and avoid the news as much as I can. I pray for peace over your mind and comfort by the Holy Spirit.

I pray in agreement.

Upvote 0

Jesusismyking87!!

Nov 3, 2018
Savannah
✟19,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As we discuss this I am on my way to my war room after being scammed by door dash on funds that I never got and now blocked from the app lol. As heated as I want to get my spirit man knows its time for prayer.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
As we discuss this I am on my way to my war room after being scammed by door dash on funds that I never got and now blocked from the app lol. As heated as I want to get my spirit man knows its time for prayer.
Lifting you up Brother! Hang in there and rejoice in the persecution.
[I know that is easier said than done]

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Boy, you are surely not alone in how you view things going on around you.

But this is the very age in time Jesus has placed us to face.

In Hebrews, God said He will shake everything that can be shaken, on Earth and in Heaven.

Possibly become a person of prayer for those in need around you. A person drawing near to God for others.

And try to have positive thoughts. About yourself and others.

These crazy days we are in have there end. Do all to be pleasing to Him during times like now.

May His Grace abound within you, kat!

Upvote 0

Jesusismyking87!!

Nov 3, 2018
Savannah
✟19,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lifting you up Brother! Hang in there and rejoice in the persecution.
[I know that is easier said than done]

Oh I am good now had to go and rest in the peace of God and just receive counseling. ;)

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I went to adoration and I am not the same person I was when I posted this...

I also shared Christ with others and the love of Christ with others....

and I am doing so much better now....

Getting down on both knees and spending time alone in quiet worship....its healing in a way no words can describe

Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Kat1, when we're grieving a loss, everything can seem worse than it really is. I know there's a lot going on in the world right now, but I pray that God will insulate you from it while you grieve. It's hard to see at times like this, but God is good! Keep your mind on His goodness, mercy, love.... Praying for you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,787.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I just read as much news as I need to be basically informed and know how to pray and how to vote. To the mainsteam, and alternative, news sources all bad news is kind of good news as it gets their viewer numbers up, so they go on and on with it. Such things are also a distraction from the news they prefer not to cover.

Notice something about the mainstream media news. See all those weaving and rolling lines of print and color and so on? Those are designed to put you into even more of a hypnotic state than t.v. (according to much reliable research) already puts you into. That, of course, is not good for your mind or soul.

I don't watch any t.v. personally and find that reading the news keeps me informed just as well and is not as upsetting.

Whenever I read about mass shootings and so on I just pray for the victims and their families, and for protection for my loved ones and myself and others in this country, and go on. What more can you do?

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence."
Genesis 6:11, and the people think the world is getting better??? Scientists and others can get a man on the moon, and do some other tremendous things today, but can they save a soul, change the sin nature, cleanse one from sin?
Our eyes must not be continually focused on man, the news man chooses to report continually, but on the news the Holy Spirit has reported through the written Word of God. Like Peter, let us get our eyes off of the storm around us, and back on Jesus, where we can walk above and upon the raging waters without drowning in them. Father, thank You for Your written Word. May we choose to glory in reading it while communing with You speaking to us, and not allow the attempts of the newscasters to drag us down with their bombarding us with bad news all the time. Colossians 3:1-4. Amen.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"News is breaking my mind."
Turn it off! Replace it with the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 41:10; Matthew 1:23; Philippians 4:6-8; Philippians 4:13; Philippians 4:19.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0