• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

News, Generation at risk: America’s youngest facing mental health crisis

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They don't graduate from the world of make-believe. They huddle in their bedrooms, typing away on their i-phones are whatever they are called, dreaming up all sorts of situations, especially ideals, embellishing their imagination, but when they attempt to put it in play in everyday life, outside of their room, at school, riding around in the car with daddy in control, sitting in the backseat with headsets on, still typing away on their........... you get the picture. Trying to make their hypothetical dreaming come true, they fail, friends fail, families fail. Sure enough, invention comes to the fore. They invent the scenarios they want so desperately to experience. The result is wild imagination, resorting to "tall tales" when around others of their age, to parents, grandparents, teachers.........living in the world of make-believe, with no way out.

Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
They don't graduate from the world of make-believe. They huddle in their bedrooms, typing away on their i-phones are whatever they are called, dreaming up all sorts of situations, especially ideals, embellishing their imagination, but when they attempt to put it in play in everyday life, outside of their room, at school, riding around in the car with daddy in control, sitting in the backseat with headsets on, still typing away on their........... you get the picture. Trying to make their hypothetical dreaming come true, they fail, friends fail, families fail. Sure enough, invention comes to the fore. They invent the scenarios they want so desperately to experience. The result is wild imagination, resorting to "tall tales" when around others of their age, to parents, grandparents, teachers.........living in the world of make-believe, with no way out.

Winken, Interesting perspective.. I'm a parent; I also wonder if all the solitarily, indoor gaming is denying modern kids from physically exorcising their natural, nervous energy. Kids have so much energy, that used to be released playing pick-up, sandlot sports.. riding bikes etc. If it's not being released, it could be turning unnaturally inward & corroding their minds/spirit (?)
Parentally, I'm trying hard to balance indoor & outdoor activities..

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Winken, Interesting perspective.. I'm a parent; I also wonder if all the solitarily, indoor gaming is denying modern kids from physically exorcising their natural, nervous energy. Kids have so much energy, that used to be released playing pick-up, sandlot sports.. riding bikes etc. If it's not being released, it could be turning unnaturally inward & corroding their minds/spirit (?)
Parentally, I'm trying hard to balance indoor & outdoor activities..
Warping mind-mental-emotional capabilities is a likely result. The Spirit, of course, us "unwarpable" :holy:. However, a mind stayed on the secular avoids the input of the Holy Spirit, leaving kids sitting in church playing games.

Upvote 0