Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Although, I don't consider myself that picky. I think I've discovered a rather recent dealbreaker for me when it comes to dating. It's only recent because it's something that people usually would not NOT dislike. (hope I said that right).

I was getting to know this woman, and we get to talking about movies. She said, " I cannot stand watching movies...I cannot sit there for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs like that...I'm always having to keep moving"

Me being a movie buff...I was mentally scratching my head because most of the general population is into movies and good story telling. But not her. But getting to know her, she's a type A personality, high energy, and she feels it's simply a waste of time when she could be doing something active.

With me, I'm always making movie references intermingled with my sense of humor. Or would say, "Hey did you see the latest so-and-so flick?"

Anyone have any unusual deal breakers they've discovered?

• Haha
Reactions: Mel2020

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A few
First and foremost a non Christian.
Someone who doesn't like animals
Someone who hunted for sport/recreation

But as I am happy single it doesn't matter.
Though when I think of it this would also apply for close friends.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A few
First and foremost a non Christian.
Someone who doesn't like animals
Someone who hunted for sport/recreation

But as I am happy single it doesn't matter.
Though when I think of it this would also apply for close friends.
Sorry I didn't read properly I didn't note the "Unusual" in your post, just deal breakers.:rolleyes:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Although, I don't consider myself that picky. I think I've discovered a rather recent dealbreaker for me when it comes to dating. It's only recent because it's something that people usually would not NOT dislike. (hope I said that right).

I was getting to know this woman, and we get to talking about movies. She said, " I cannot stand watching movies...I cannot sit there for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs like that...I'm always having to keep moving"

Me being a movie buff...I was mentally scratching my head because most of the general population is into movies and good story telling. But not her. But getting to know her, she's a type A personality, high energy, and she feels it's simply a waste of time when she could be doing something active.

With me, I'm always making movie references intermingled with my sense of humor. Or would say, "Hey did you see the latest so-and-so flick?"

Being of, or a part of, or from the world, which leaves me with no one basically...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Years ago, I was talking with this man and he kept talking about “feet”....... yup I’ll let your imagination run away.... no pun lol.

Wouldn’t say it’s unusual, but it’s a fetish for some people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm honestly weighing whether gluten free should be a deal breaker. Some people with a gluten allergy can't have whole wheat anything in the house because it causes their allergies to flare up, some of them also are dairy-free at the peril of farting all night, so that potentially impacts a lot of what I like to eat, if I can't have my food around. I don't want to have to completely change my diet. On the other hand, a sizable percentage of the women I know who are single are also gluten-free, with from what I can tell, have good faith and good character.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow that's highly unusual deal breaker.

You seem unlucky finding suitable women for you or you're having tons of dates to also find women with highly unusual lifestyles.

Well, she's only the 2nd woman I met that did this. I recall seeing a woman say in her profile, "If you're into pop culture, then it won't be a good match"

I do find suitable women, but...it's in a blue moon. lol

Anyways, some of these women aren't willing to budge and sacrifice their time to sit and enjoy a show.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm honestly weighing whether gluten free should be a deal breaker. Some people with a gluten allergy can't have whole wheat anything in the house because it causes their allergies to flare up, some of them also are dairy-free at the peril of farting all night, so that potentially impacts a lot of what I like to eat, if I can't have my food around. I don't want to have to completely change my diet. On the other hand, a sizable percentage of the women I know who are single are also gluten-free, with from what I can tell, have good faith and good character.

*waves awkwardly*

Yeah, I'm that chick. The difference with me is this:

1) I do everything in my power to hide this fact about my diet from people as best as I can because GF/dairy-free people are typically viewed as either weird, high maintenance, or hypochondriacs. I'm not any of those things, and besides, being gf/dairy-free makes me feel like a million bucks.

2) As someone who loves to cook, I'm perfectly capable of cooking a meal that serves to the dietary needs and wants of both people eating the meal. It's not rocket science. And I certainly would never ask my SO to drastically change their diet simply because it makes my life with certain dietary restrictions easier. That decision would be entirely up to him to make.

I get the aversion to these types of people. Like any other group of people in the world, there's always a percentage of the group who make the entire group look completely and utterly weird. There's always going to be some nutjobs in the mix.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Well, she's only the 2nd woman I met that did this. I recall seeing a woman say in her profile, "If you're into pop culture, then it won't be a good match"

Anyways, some of these women aren't willing to budge and sacrifice their time to sit and enjoy a show.

If they are ADHD/ADD (even undiagnosed), they really may not be able to sit still long enough to enjoy a show. Or if they have aspie traits, they may not be able to follow a lot of plot lines or "get" the humor which means a movie isn't enjoyable. It isn't always just "this woman won't relax and enjoy"...a movie may be torturing them.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Interesting.

I'm also NOT into pop culture myself but ironically, I tend to get along much better with people who are into pop culture who seem usually fun, lively, and very forgiving group.

People who are not into pop culture may be complicated/sophisticated. High income brackets, upper middle class / rich people, Ivy league types often belong to that group. Way out of my league!:doh:

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
*waves awkwardly*

1) I do everything in my power to hide this fact about my diet from people as best as I can because GF/dairy-free people are typically viewed as either weird, high maintenance, or hypochondriacs. I'm not any of those things, and besides, being gf/dairy-free makes me feel like a million bucks.

No need to hide that. I don't think that the dietary needs of these women makes them any of those things, nor that they are that way (If I did, it would be an open-and-shut decision for me, which it's not).

2) As someone who loves to cook, I'm perfectly capable of cooking a meal that serves to the dietary needs and wants of both people eating the meal. It's not rocket science. And I certainly would never ask my SO to drastically change their diet simply because it makes my life with certain dietary restrictions easier. That decision would be entirely up to him to make.
OK, so if there were to be a loaf of whole wheat bread in the kitchen, and crumbs around from it, that wouldn't give you a bad physical reaction?

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting.

I'm also NOT into pop culture myself but ironically, I tend to get along much better with people who are into pop culture who seem usually fun, lively, and very forgiving group.

People who are not into pop culture may be complicated/sophisticated. High income brackets, upper middle class / rich people, Ivy league types often belong to that group. Way out of my league!:doh:

You're pretty much on the money.

There's this woman, a college professor...single, never married. Probably in her late 40s that'sin our social circle. I was new to getting to know her. I liked the fact she was highly intelligent, but..with that came the fact that she told me she doesn't like blockbuster movies, but will binge movies at the local movie houses that are indy films only. She's into artsy fartsy stuff.

I decided to test her by sending her a short film that me, and most of my friends enjoyed. Was a big hit at conventions. There was a scene in it, gang members and a gang leader...all black, giving a woman a hard time.

When I showed her this...she said, "This film perpetuate racial stereotypes..."

That remark right there, I knew it would be a deal breaker...too highly liberal. I couldn't believe she made it into a race issue. lol Oh, and she is a Buddhist...and she's not Asian. She said she even dodged a couple of marriage proposals from men because she knows she's not the marrying kind.

Typical "independent" woman. Basically, she had a serious stick up her butt.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,458.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
*waves awkwardly*

I get the aversion to these types of people. Like any other group of people in the world, there's always a percentage of the group who make the entire group look completely and utterly weird. There's always going to be some nutjobs in the mix.

Interesting. That's one I didn't know about you. :)

Upvote 0