• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Newish to Faith

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MG1104, Oct 10, 2018.

1. MG1104

MG1104 New Member

+5
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hi there!

I’m Morgan, a wife, mother and new believer. I have been a regular participant in church off and on for the last 5-6 years but just recently I have fully given my heart over and said yes to Jesus.

Because of this a lot of changes have been going on in my world spiritually and relationally. I am starting to take a step back from acquaintances who didn’t always have my best interest at heart. So at this point most of my social interaction comes from my husband, and family.

I am hoping to use this forum to explore my faith with deeper discussions and find a few friends. Any suggestion where to start? Any forum I should check out? Specifically groups with other mothers.

Thanks!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Supporter Angels Team

+6,390
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Welcome friend and I pray that you are highly blessed here as I know that you will be :]

3. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+17,190
    Anglican
    Married
    Welcome. I suppose that a reasonable place to start would be on the Non-Denominational forum or section of Christian Forums where the people most like yourself as far as church membership or preferences are concerned will be found. When you feel like it, certainly do take in the other forums, too. There's also one called For New Christians. I don't know if you would consider yourself in that category, but maybe.

4. Serving Zion

Serving Zion Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness Supporter

+704
    Christian
    Private
    Welcome to the forums! I am sure you will find some people whose company you enjoy, if you hang around and get to know who's who. Here is a little booklet that you should enjoy looking through, especially as you say you have wee ones, there's some really good info in there that makes you think about how to make the most of your relationship in The Lord as a family, especially the pages Born Again and No Greater Love.

5. Serving Zion

Serving Zion Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness Supporter

+704
    Christian
    Private
    I also find that there is a website called christianchat.com, that is great for fellowship, if you just want to spend some time with other Christians. It's a bit hit and miss, with some regular characters and a range of character types, sometimes quite busy, other times not many people around. Sometimes it's quite a good atmosphere and there are some good conversations that happen. You have to install an app to really use it, and then there is chat rooms and it's a bit like Skype, if you've used Skype before.

6. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,249
    Christian
    Single
    Welcome. Some discussions started in General Theology. My situation has improved since I started reading and writing here about two years ago. Would recommend Bible reading too. The Bible is not 100% truth, one must be careful as to what to trust and what not to trust in the scriptures. There are all sorts of sermon videos, Bible study guides and commentaries online. If God is your guide, you will not get lost.

7. Brotherly Spirit

Brotherly Spirit Well-Known Member Supporter

+453
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Welcome Morgan to the forum! It's a big place but what's been suggested are great places to start. Another place I like to check when looking threads is Christian Scripture, doesn't hurt to learn from others about the Bible. God bless you in your relationship with the Lord.

8. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter Angels Team CF Ambassadors

+2,145
    Baptist
    Married
    Hi Morgan... Welcome to CF! Glad you joined us.