I would cut back on the idea of having come from an ape, if...

• ...my Evolution suffered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...my Creation suffered

• ...my theory suffered

• ...my cognition suffered

• ...my power suffered

• ...if I started to get more and more confused

• ...if God asked me to

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So the crux of this, is that you should take far lesser confidence in having come from anything, even if it seems more remarkable at first, that you did at all. What is needed is a newer you. This is hard, in and of itself. Even if you did come from apes, and it seemed even more remarkable to you, that confidence that you came from something else, should still ultimately be subservient to what you are now. A Man.

A Man, does not need to remember a tree, in the same capacity as a house, if he wants to make the house from the tree. The tree is subservient, to the building of the house. Newer ideas about the house, are what was needed. Everything else is a luxury. You might have that luxury while you are contemplating what sort of house you will get from the tree, but ultimately "reality sets in". The house proves more worthy, the newer your ideas about are able to become.

You do not think about how old your parents were, when you yourself are seeking out a mate, one of men like you to marry. Your parents waive the need for you to think about what you have been, when they give birth to you - they don't hold onto you and say "have this idea, and this idea only", they say "we forgot our parents too, and it was still worth it" because you have things that go with ideas, that make that relationship you find, all the greater. Indeed even being greater, it is not a cultural expectation to make the relationship public to everyone - it is for you, and you only!

So whatever you think you are going to do, with the gamble that your lineage is greater than you thought, just remember that it can only be in serving your newness, that it has any meaning - you do not mean more now, because you meant enough more consistently, in the past. The past is not a signpost to the future. The future is not dependent on the present getting more from the past, than it was already going to. You have to let go, you have to admit before God that Wisdom comes from Him and you can't do the future justice, unless He helps you. This is repentance. Without it you will die (as Jesus said - gospels).

If you still think "Evolution is true", fine! But you need to think about it in terms of how that makes you "new", not how old it will get when your other beliefs have been so regrettably shelved, on the bookshelf of eternity...

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,597.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Hi there,

So the crux of this, is that you should take far lesser confidence in having come from anything, even if it seems more remarkable at first, that you did at all. What is needed is a newer you. This is hard, in and of itself. Even if you did come from apes, and it seemed even more remarkable to you, that confidence that you came from something else, should still ultimately be subservient to what you are now. A Man.

A Man, does not need to remember a tree, in the same capacity as a house, if he wants to make the house from the tree. The tree is subservient, to the building of the house. Newer ideas about the house, are what was needed. Everything else is a luxury. You might have that luxury while you are contemplating what sort of house you will get from the tree, but ultimately "reality sets in". The house proves more worthy, the newer your ideas about are able to become.

You do not think about how old your parents were, when you yourself are seeking out a mate, one of men like you to marry. Your parents waive the need for you to think about what you have been, when they give birth to you - they don't hold onto you and say "have this idea, and this idea only", they say "we forgot our parents too, and it was still worth it" because you have things that go with ideas, that make that relationship you find, all the greater. Indeed even being greater, it is not a cultural expectation to make the relationship public to everyone - it is for you, and you only!

So whatever you think you are going to do, with the gamble that your lineage is greater than you thought, just remember that it can only be in serving your newness, that it has any meaning - you do not mean more now, because you meant enough more consistently, in the past. The past is not a signpost to the future. The future is not dependent on the present getting more from the past, than it was already going to. You have to let go, you have to admit before God that Wisdom comes from Him and you can't do the future justice, unless He helps you. This is repentance. Without it you will die (as Jesus said - gospels).

If you still think "Evolution is true", fine! But you need to think about it in terms of how that makes you "new", not how old it will get when your other beliefs have been so regrettably shelved, on the bookshelf of eternity...

I think I understand your point.

It's a good idea to think about your self, your future and who you want to be.

However, unless you are obsessing, it isn't a problem to think about either your personal past or your ancient ancestry.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,635.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Upon shelving my Christian beliefs, Evolution opened up as a moment by moment newness of all that exist. Not only is my body changing into a different form, but so also is my spirit, soul and consciousness of being, all of it is evolving into newness. When I look around, human society itSelf is evolving into a new and different form, different from the hunter/gathers cultures of the ancient past. We are way more materialist in nature than our Indigenous ancestors ever experienced. The biosphere of the Earth is always evolving into newness, in large part this time around because of Human pressure. The Cosmos is in a constant state of Evolutionary newness of freshly new born stars and planets brought forth as the children of the death of old stars.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Technically, my parents were apes, and I'm an ape, so it's kind of hard for me to consider the notion that I didn't come from apes. I mean, sure, I could be an adopted space ape, but I think the chances of that are pretty low.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

So the crux of this, is that you should take far lesser confidence in having come from anything

You are adding parent denial to the list? Did you spring fully grown from somewhere?

OK then.

• Haha
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you think Yttrium is unaware of his status as an ape? I am aware that I am an ape. Aren't you?

Buddhist cosmology places humans above animals

They're separate realms and different karma

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Buddhist cosmology places humans above animals

They're separate realms and different karma

In the world I live in, cosmology is the study of the origin and evolution of the universe. Biology is the study of lifeforms. It would seem Buddhism is wrong about these things.

Biology tells me that humans are animals, not plants, or minerals. Specifically, humans are vertebrates, quadrapeds, mammals, primates, and apes.

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
It would seem Buddhism is wrong about these things.

animals lack… art, clothes, coffee, cooking, jewelry, language, movies, music, philosophy, science, shoes, tea

etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.