Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
ALL I heard was that someone blew up a Mosque.
No that's not correct.

A true Christian would not murder, only kill in war or in self defense.

History doesn't support that statement - nor does the bible.

Christianity has always been spread with love - contrary to Islam. Islam has a history if spreading their religion by force, occupying territories, forcing conversion or the consequences

Sigh - look the fact is Hindus - Christians - Moslems and heck even Buddhists (the most peaceful of all religions) has blood on their hands for the murders they have commissioned right throughout history to current times.

.... and actually I find your words a tad scary.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Vengeance is mine, says the LORD."
It is difficult to love our enemy. We are supposed to turn the cheek.
Hostility generated by Islamic terrorism and infiltration of refugees, is wrong but expected. I knew it was only a matter of time that vigilante groups would eventually emerge. Don't advocate it but the world is stressed out and all people do not know the Prince of Peace.
Actually, with a little patience, wait for Him, He will return to rid the world of unbelievers.
Ya - You dont advocate it huh - be nice to hear just a slither of sympathy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
While it was a horrible act of terror, we have never seen Jacinda show any sympathy or solidarity with the 800 Christians who were slaughtered at the hands of Islamic terrorists in the last 30 days.
In New Zealand?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't get people like Jacinda Arden and all the other leaders who have joined the bandwagon of grief and solidarity with the Muslims.

It's called "compassion." You can Google it later.

While it was a horrible act of terror, we have never seen Jacinda show any sympathy or solidarity with the 800 Christians who were slaughtered at the hands of Islamic terrorists in the last 30 days.

A mosque in NZ gets shot up, and you're suggesting that the NZ PM talk about... anything else?

It's as though Christian lives don't matter, the world leaders just ignore the plight of Christians in Muslim countries who are being continually slaughtered and persecuted.

Interesting how leaders tend to prioritize the tragedies that happen in their own countries, isn't it?

It appears that Muslim lives are so precious to them, while Christian lives are cheap. I believe every person is equally valuable, regardless of their religious persuasion. So I don't understand why Muslims are treated as a protected spices, while Christians are treated as cheap cannon fodder.

You claim this, while at the same time not understanding sympathy from a national leader to victims of a mass shooting in her own country...

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So, don't count on Trump to be an effective partner against white supremacist. He has their ear, even if he isn't exactly one himself.

What is the fixation whit white supremacists and Trump? This idiot just killed 3 people by shooting thru his windshield in the middle of the road, and another thru his passenger window. He shoots a white guy in the chest. He guns the engine flying down the road and comes to a stop at a crosswalk and lets 2 black women pass in front of him before he speeds off again. The shotgun he just used to kill 5 people is loaded and in his left hand as those black women calmly walk right in-front of his car on the crosswalk. White supremacist on a murderous rampage?

upload_2019-3-20_8-54-50.png

What did he mean he should have taken more time and use the fuel "as directed"?
upload_2019-3-20_8-46-41.png

No one deserves to die like this. Not Christian, Muslim, gay, straight, left or right. No one deserves to die like this. It was horrible.

If you honestly care about these people stop trying to pin the tail on the Donny, and find out who actually perpetrated this. He had guidance. He says so while talking to himself. He also purposely plants, not drops, but plants and/or stages propaganda/image laden ammo clips and guns in plain sight to be found. He makes no references to Trump, but states " OK lads, remember to subscribe to pewdiepie." Whatever that is supposed to mean. I highly doubt pewdiepie is some mastermind.

Another thing of note, his weapons were in horrible condition. They constantly jammed. And he had no real knowledge of how to clear his weapon or use a forward assist. He was not used to using guns. So that throws out the notion of him being a avid gun nut.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What is the fixation whit white supremacists and Trump? This idiot just killed 3 people by shooting thru his windshield in the middle of the road, and another thru his passenger window. He shoots a white guy in the chest. He guns the engine flying down the road and comes to a stop at a crosswalk and lets 2 black women pass in front of him before he speeds off again. The shotgun he just used to kill 5 people is loaded and in his left hand as those black women calmly walk right in-front of his car on the crosswalk. White supremacist on a murderous rampage?

View attachment 253267

What did he mean he should have taken more time and use the fuel "as directed"?
View attachment 253265

No one deserves to die like this. Not Christian, Muslim, gay, straight, left or right. No one deserves to die like this. It was horrible.

If you honestly care about these people stop trying to pin the tail on the Donny, and find out who actually perpetrated this. He had guidance. He says so while talking to himself. He also purposely plants, not drops, but plants and/or stages propaganda/image laden ammo clips and guns in plain sight to be found. He makes no references to Trump, but states " OK lads, remember to subscribe to pewdiepie." Whatever that is supposed to mean. I highly doubt pewdiepie is some mastermind.

Another thing of note, his weapons were in horrible condition. They constantly jammed. And he had no real knowledge of how to clear his weapon or use a forward assist. He was not used to using guns. So that throws out the notion of him being a avid gun nut.

He got instructions from Anders Breivik's manifesto. He even says so in his own manifesto.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He got instructions from Anders Breivik's manifesto. He even says so in his own manifesto.

I'm trying to find that so I can read it. This looks like some random guy that wanted to make a political statement. A terrorist. There is no excuse for what he did, but there may be an explanation and someone to hold accountable. May God bless all those families and individuals effected by this mad man.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Those alleged 800 Christian murders did not happen in Jacinda Adern's nation. The killing of 49 Muslims did. Of course a prime minister would "jump on the bandwagon" of sympathy for events that transpired in her own country, as she should.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ok this is curious: Page 1336

Indeed, danger or victory for a Christian depends on the dispositions of his heart and not on the fortunes of war. If he fights for a good reason, the issue of his fight can never be evil; and likewise the results can never be considered good if the reason were evil and the intentions perverse.

If you happen to be killed while you are seeking only to kill another, you die a murderer. If you succeed, and by your will to overcome and to conquer you perchance kill a man, you live a murderer. Now it will not do to be a murderer, living or dead, victorious or vanquished. What an unhappy victory--to have conquered a man while yielding to vice, and to indulge in an empty glory at his fall when wrath and pride have gotten the better of you!

But what of those who kill neither in the heat of revenge nor in the swelling of pride, but simply in order to save themselves? Even this sort of victory I would not call good, since bodily death is really a lesser evil than spiritual death. The soul need not die when the body does. No, it is the soul which sins that shall die.

How is this even perceived as a call to violence? This literally puts forward the concept that it is far better to die in peace at the hands of your enemies than to kill them to save your life and possibly sin.

From that we get: go shoot up a mosque?

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...but you won't use an opportunity pass you by to dance on the graves of innocents.
You people always twist and distort the truth. I am not dancing on anyone's grave. I will however dance in Paradise someday after the Great Tribulation ... you know when Jesus returns and destroys all unbelievers!

Spoken by the multitude who just arrived in heaven, who came out of the Great Tribulation, awaiting for vengeance: "When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, 'How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?' Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed." Revelation 6:9-11
Later, "The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: the kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and He will reign for ever and ever." Rev. 11:15
Here is the key to the signature of the Beast with seven heads and tens horns (a group of ten nations that come together and attack and persecute Israel and Christians): "And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God." Rev. 20:4

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No that's not correct.

History doesn't support that statement - nor does the bible.

Sigh - look the fact is Hindus - Christians - Moslems and heck even Buddhists (the most peaceful of all religions) has blood on their hands for the murders they have commissioned right throughout history to current times.

.... and actually I find your words a tad scary.
OK, right, gunmen opened fired in two Mosques, got it.
In history, people (who claimed to be Christians) have done many horrible things in the name of Christ but weren't followers of Christ who taught love your enemies, forgiveness, turn the cheek. Are those words scary. You twist and distort, blindly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ya - You dont advocate it huh - be nice to hear just a slither of sympathy
I believe that God is sovereign. That means He is in control. So no matter who dies in life, I accept that it happened for a purpose, He allowed it and that's that. Murder is said and a sin. Wars, violence, hopelessness, fear, hate all these things bombard us. They are increasing in frequency, becoming common occurrences. This should give us more reason to seek the ONLY solution to the problem of SIN AND EVIL,
J E S U S

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes and the guy certainly was not a follower of Christ. Jesus said if you love me you will keep.my commandments. I don't recall Jesus ever telling his disciples to go out and kill people in his name.
Right, when they arrested Jesus, Peter took out his sword and cut off the ear of Malchus, servant of the Jewish High Priest Caiaphas and Jesus told him to put away his sword and healed the man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
You people always twist and distort the truth. I am not dancing on anyone's grave. I will however dance in Paradise someday after the Great Tribulation ... you know when Jesus returns and destroys all unbelievers!

Does this prove's Poe's law?

Seriously, I don't understand this sentiment as being part of my understanding of my religion. When Jesus returns, he will inaugurate in full the vision of Isaiah of the Peaceable Kingdom. He is not going to cause a bloodbath.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does this prove's Poe's law?

Seriously, I don't understand this sentiment as being part of my understanding of my religion. When Jesus returns, he will inaugurate in full the vision of Isaiah of the Peaceable Kingdom. He is not going to cause a bloodbath.
Well I guess your interpretation of Judgment Day is a bit different then mine. I take eschatological events literally unless otherwise symbolically explained in scripture.
"But the Lord has endured forever; he has prepared His throne for judgment." Psalm 9:7

"But transgressors and sinners will be crushed together,
And those who forsake the LORD will come to an end." Isaiah 1:28

"Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
cruel, with fury and burning anger,
to make the land a desolation;
And He will exterminate its sinners from it ..."Isaiah 13:9

"For it is the day of the Lord's vengeance,
The year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
Its streams shall be turned into pitch,
And its dust into brimstone;
Its land shall become burning pitch,
It shall not be quenched night or day; ..." Isaiah 34:8-10

"Neither their silver nor their gold
Will be able to deliver them
On the day of the LORD'S wrath;
And all the earth will be devoured
In the fire of His jealousy,
For He will make a complete end,
Indeed a terrifying one,
Of all the inhabitants of the earth." Zeph. 1:18

"Behold, the LORD will come with fire ..." Is.66:15

"It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." Zech. 12:9

"Upon the wicked He shall rain snares, fire and brimstone and a horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup." Psalm 11:6

Nuclear War? How about this scripture that describes the effects of a neutron bomb:
"And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; their flesh shall consume (melt, dissolve) away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth." Zech. 14:12

There's just too much, I haven't even touched on the Seven Seals, Trumpets and Bowls in Revelation ... or do you take that symbolically to mean something abstract? To summarize, the New Testament supports all the those scriptures in the OLD but with more details.
1/3 of the planet will be on fire, over half (as much as 2/3 of the population) killed during a period of 3 1/2 years, a worldwide earthquake, 100 lb. hailstones, super-volcanic eruptions, a possible asteroid hit, nuclear war, etc.
The Lord came as a peaceful, suffering servant, a LAMB brought to the slaughter the first time. He will return again as LION, who will war, judge and conquer - make no mistake.
The purpose is to eliminate sinful man (those who have not been saved and washed by the blood of Christ).
Yeah, a peaceful kingdom for 1000 years, but only after hell on earth.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm trying to find that so I can read it. This looks like some random guy that wanted to make a political statement. A terrorist. There is no excuse for what he did, but there may be an explanation and someone to hold accountable. May God bless all those families and individuals effected by this mad man.

And yet, here we are trying to excuse what he did, and blame the victims...

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Well I guess your interpretation of Judgment Day is a bit different then mine. I take eschatological events literally unless otherwise symbolically explained in scripture.
"But the Lord has endured forever; he has prepared His throne for judgment." Psalm 9:7

"But transgressors and sinners will be crushed together,
And those who forsake the LORD will come to an end." Isaiah 1:28

"Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
cruel, with fury and burning anger,
to make the land a desolation;
And He will exterminate its sinners from it ..."Isaiah 13:9

"For it is the day of the Lord's vengeance,
The year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
Its streams shall be turned into pitch,
And its dust into brimstone;
Its land shall become burning pitch,
It shall not be quenched night or day; ..." Isaiah 34:8-10

"Neither their silver nor their gold
Will be able to deliver them
On the day of the LORD'S wrath;
And all the earth will be devoured
In the fire of His jealousy,
For He will make a complete end,
Indeed a terrifying one,
Of all the inhabitants of the earth." Zeph. 1:18

"Behold, the LORD will come with fire ..." Is.66:15

"It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." Zech. 12:9

"Upon the wicked He shall rain snares, fire and brimstone and a horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup." Psalm 11:6

Nuclear War? How about this scripture that describes the effects of a neutron bomb:
"And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; their flesh shall consume (melt, dissolve) away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth." Zech. 14:12

There's just too much, I haven't even touched on the Seven Seals, Trumpets and Bowls in Revelation ... or do you take that symbolically to mean something abstract? To summarize, the New Testament supports all the those scriptures in the OLD but with more details.
1/3 of the planet will be on fire, over half (as much as 2/3 of the population) killed during a period of 3 1/2 years, a worldwide earthquake, 100 lb. hailstones, super-volcanic eruptions, a possible asteroid hit, nuclear war, etc.
The Lord came as a peaceful, suffering servant, a LAMB brought to the slaughter the first time. He will return again as LION, who will war, judge and conquer - make no mistake.
The purpose is to eliminate sinful man (those who have not been saved and washed by the blood of Christ).
Yeah, a peaceful kingdom for 1000 years, but only after hell on earth.

My understanding of Revelation is mostly symbolic or mystical, yes.

Jesus is not a violent person, he is the Prince of Peace. He loves his enemies. The destruction imaged in Revelation is symbolic and refers to the traditional Jewish themes of the Two Ways, and that eventually evil will be destroyed. It does not literally mean that Christ is going to slay people.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My understanding of Revelation is mostly symbolic or mystical, yes.

Jesus is not a violent person, he is the Prince of Peace. He loves his enemies. The destruction imaged in Revelation is symbolic and refers to the traditional Jewish themes of the Two Ways, and that eventually evil will be destroyed. It does not literally mean that Christ is going to slay people.
There are a half dozen eschatological views, yours is the preterist or partial preterist Amillennial view. Disagree with that.

Upvote 0