Sweden
✟200,741.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It’s a nasty little side effective of believing Christianity. Since Jesus will just forgive any of their wrong doings they don’t have to deal with being morally accountable.

I thought Jesus only forgave repentful sinners..?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you always live by this principle, "others are not doing it right, so why should I"?

Yeah I have a problem with rules for thee but not for me. I think you should lead by example.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I thought Jesus only forgave repentful sinners..?

They repent, after they’ve done whatever deeds they want. Not all Christians are scoundrels like this but their belief system allows it.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
We value our freedom.

The issue is that exercising one's personal freedom to transmit a viral pathogen that kills people invariably results in the loss of freedom of others.

Do you think that is acceptable? If exercising your own freedom meant others would die as a consequence, are you okay with that?

(Freedom is not absolute. There are reasons why laws, social norms, and other things exist in societies that restrict individual freedoms.)

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I could ask the same about the politicians that are tasked with making the rules. They tell us not to visit family and then go themselves, they tell us no hair cuts then are seen getting one themselves, they say no gatherings yet they are seen out with protests,mandatory masks or you don't care about people and guess what, we then see them not wearing masks.

In California the court just ruled in favor of strip clubs yet churches are still dangerous and off limits.
California Pastor Temporarily Turns His Chapel Into a Strip Club to Be Deemed ‘Essential’

nice Tū quoque fallacy, what the idiots in charge does doesn't make their orders less relevant, just means they should obey it too.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It’s a nasty little side effective of believing Christianity. Since Jesus will just forgive any of their wrong doings they don’t have to deal with being morally accountable if they don’t want to.

Except given how god and Jessus are in the bible and complaints about hypocrites and those that act pious for pious sake I doubt he think very kindly of those using him and his bible to kill others during a pandemic.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I have a problem with rules for thee but not for me. I think you should lead by example.

Funny your the guy that is whining about churches being given the same restrictions that other similar places were. And NO a liquor store is not comparable to a church.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They repent, after they’ve done whatever deeds they want. Not all Christians are scoundrels like this but their belief system allows it.

ehhhh There is the often used loophole of, "You must truly mean it." just saying forgive me but think you were right doesn't exactly work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Except given how god and Jessus are in the bible and complaints about hypocrites and those that act pious for pious sake I doubt he think very kindly of those using him and his bible to kill others during a pandemic.

They say “my bad Jesus” and he takes care of their misdeeds in front of their god. Rinse and repeat. While Jesus may speak out about it but it’s not like he would actually bar them from heaven permanently for it if they ask him for help.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The issue is that exercising one's personal freedom to transmit a viral pathogen that kills people invariably results in the loss of freedom of others.

Do you think that is acceptable? If exercising your own freedom meant others would die as a consequence, are you okay with that?

(Freedom is not absolute. There are reasons why laws, social norms, and other things exist in societies that restrict individual freedoms.)

Right, it's a cop-out. Has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. My mom recalls how people got angry when seat belt laws were made mandatory. This is no different, except more destructive because it impacts other people.

But to some, this is first world problems.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes Americans are well known for being insanely worshiping of freedom, even if it costs lives or hurts others. Some seem to worship it more then god.

That's true but I'm not one of those people. I put God first.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny your the guy that is whining about churches being given the same restrictions that other similar places were. And NO a liquor store is not comparable to a church.

Liquor stores in my area look to be doing more business than ever. They have lines stretching all the way out into the highway sometimes. Some drunk pulled right out in front of me the other day when he was coming out of their parking lot. Those would have been the first thing I would have closed.

Upvote 0