New York's COVID-19 restrictions on religious gatherings struck down

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The USA has been over 100,000 cases a day for at least the last 3 days . I got down on my knees and thanked God that we had a sensible governor in NYS

it was 120k yesterday with half the country too lazy to report.

• Informative
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,741.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
it boggles my mind how some christians can't see that we are in a state of emergency to minimize the loss of lives, and we all have to make sacrifices, we are not in normal times. but somehow praying closely together is more important than human lives. pro life?

Upvote 0

apogee

Oct 9, 2004
✟41,941.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
not like there is hundred year of presedence that said you could do it during times of emergency.

I don't understand that statement. Are you saying during an emergency we can do away with the constitution and law? So you would give a politician the authority to lock up all the protesters and take away their rights because we are in a pandemic? So what was all the fuss about Trump calling in the feds and national guard?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
D5FD2A19-EA19-4963-B9BB-32A272FB3A25.jpeg

This is all the reason I need to see that lockdowns, social distancing and masks work to reduce numbers . NYS was a Covid epicenter last year . We’ve come out of lockdown maybe a little early which might be why the numbers are going up but they’re still very low.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
View attachment 289647

This is all the reason I need to see that lockdowns, social distancing and masks work to reduce numbers . NYS was a Covid epicenter last year . We’ve come out of lockdown maybe a little early which might be why the numbers are going up but they’re still very low.

plus their daily cases are going back up, so the deaths will too if they don't get it under control.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand that statement. Are you saying during an emergency we can do away with the constitution and law? So you would give a politician the authority to lock up all the protesters and take away their rights because we are in a pandemic? So what was all the fuss about Trump calling in the feds and national guard?

Ahhh how cute, you guys think the constitution is absolute, guess what it never was and never is. In times of emergencies parts of it can be suspended for health and safety.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh how cute, you guys think the constitution is absolute, guess what it never was and never is. In times of emergencies parts of it can be suspended for health and safety.

So if Trump decides to just suspend whatever he wants and says hey its an emergency you are ok with that? Health and safety emergency, better stay in office until its safe. I can't see you thinking that's acceptable.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,741.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So if Trump decides to just suspend whatever he wants and says hey its an emergency you are ok with that? Health and safety emergency, better stay in office until its safe. I can't see you thinking that's acceptable.

Im sure most responsible leaders would listen to experts in the respective fields and act accordingly...

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

the point is reasonable, and 2k+ people dying a day, going into the post thanksgiving spike is a reasonable reason. Everyone else has to play by the rules why do Christians always think they get to be exempt from laws and rules?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the point is reasonable, and 2k+ people dying a day, going into the post thanksgiving spike is a reasonable reason. Everyone else has to play by the rules why do Christians always think they get to be exempt from laws and rules?

I could ask the same about the politicians that are tasked with making the rules. They tell us not to visit family and then go themselves, they tell us no hair cuts then are seen getting one themselves, they say no gatherings yet they are seen out with protests,mandatory masks or you don't care about people and guess what, we then see them not wearing masks.

In California the court just ruled in favor of strip clubs yet churches are still dangerous and off limits.
California Pastor Temporarily Turns His Chapel Into a Strip Club to Be Deemed ‘Essential’

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im sure most responsible leaders would listen to experts in the respective fields and act accordingly...

I would agree also. The point was you can't just dismiss the constitution for an emergency. That opens the door for others to make the same argument and do whatever they want.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,741.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I could ask the same about the politicians that are tasked with making the rules. They tell us not to visit family and then go themselves, they tell us no hair cuts then are seen getting one themselves, they say no gatherings yet they are seen out with protests,mandatory masks or you don't care about people and guess what, we then see them not wearing masks.

In California the court just ruled in favor of strip clubs yet churches are still dangerous and off limits.
California Pastor Temporarily Turns His Chapel Into a Strip Club to Be Deemed ‘Essential’

Do you always live by this principle, "others are not doing it right, so why should I"?

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
it boggles my mind how some christians can't see that we are in a state of emergency to minimize the loss of lives, and we all have to make sacrifices, we are not in normal times. but somehow praying closely together is more important than human lives. pro life?

Oh, there are astounding levels of ignorance and hypocrisy on display. But for anyone paying attention to how certain purported religious individuals act, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,741.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I would agree also. The point was you can't just dismiss the constitution for an emergency. That opens the door for others to make the same argument and do whatever they want.

I don't know American law in detail, but I'm sure there is room in the law to override normal laws in a case of emergancy.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Why not? When you're dealing with a viral pandemic that's killing millions of people, suspending normal operations, limiting person-to-person and talking other precautions is precisely what we all should be doing.

This ain't rocket science, folks.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,741.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh, there are astounding levels of ignorance and hypocrisy on display. But for anyone paying attention to how certain purported religious individuals act, this isn't should come as a surprise to anyone.

Sadly not surprising, but still mindboggling...

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

It’s a nasty little side effective of believing Christianity. Since Jesus will just forgive any of their wrong doings they don’t have to deal with being morally accountable if they don’t want to.

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not? When you're dealing with a viral pandemic that's killing millions of people, suspending normal operations, limiting person-to-person and talking other precautions is precisely what we all should be doing.

This ain't rocket science, folks.

Hey I'm all for it. Nows not the time to bring in a new President. Trump should suspend all the rules and stay in office.

Upvote 0