Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A single hundred million dollar loan is not what brought down Lehman Bros. It was a lot more money than that and lot more complex.
People lying on their loan applications allowed the housing bubble to become much worse than it could have been if they were law abiding citizens.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People lying on their loan applications allowed the housing bubble to become much worse than it could have been if they were law abiding citizens.
It wasn't lying, it was that banks were handing out home loans like penny candy. It's EASY to catch individuals lying on a home loan applications - you just ask for supporting documentation (that's what I had to do, I had to submit tax returns, bank statements, etc.) They just didn't care because the loans were making them truckloads of money. They were accepting tons of loans for people who had no verifiable income.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Right: I'm voting Trump because I don't like illegals coming into our country and sucking the system dry without paying their fair share.

Also the Right: I don't care that Trump, a billionaire, has massive amounts of debt and is paying essentially no taxes. #MAGA

Closing tax loopholes and increasing taxes for the ultra rich is definitely not part of Trump's campaign. If you're voting Trump, you're saying that this is totally OK and you like getting scammed by the elite.

Are you saying the Left does not take advantage of tax loopholes?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Very likely. He’s been claiming around 20% of the cost of each of his projects as ‘consultancy’ which is tax deductible, and on at least one occasion that identical sum in the high six figures appears as income on Ivanka’s tax returns under consultancy. Except she was a Trump Org employee at the time, and you can’t do that under tax laws.

I’d be interested to see if there are any other investors in his projects and how they might feel about Trump sending 20% of the money to his children.
Ahaha. Do Trump people care if their president has been literally cheating them? I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I mean what I said...so, do you?

You original question doesn’t match the post - best case/worst case scenarios are predictions of what might happen. They are based on evidence - you look at the evidence, and make predictions. Proof is for things that have already happened.

Hence I helpfully re-framed your question so that it made sense. Do you see? I suspect you don’t/will choose not to, so I’ll give you another example - right now I’m thinking about what to eat. What I will eat depends on what is in the fridge. The evidence suggests one option is chicken fried rice - I have the evidence that chicken fried rice is a possible dinner outcome, you see? If someone were to ask me to prove I’m having chicken fried rice for dinner, that would be a stupid question, a question that makes no sense until I’ve cooked my dinner.

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump’s former personal attorney and senior vice president Michael Cohen wrote in his book “Disloyal,” Trump kept false accounting books.

Several states might have grounds to indict him.

And that is the problem viewed from the U.K. we don’t have aparty political axe to grind : but is obvious that there has been a deliberate and sustained campaign to attack and undermine trump using innuendo and shadows, and every dirty trick in the book. In this case pure hearsay given apparent credence.

The resignation of Weiss demonstrates that a once proud reliable journalism at NYT has been replaced with a woke partite mouthpiece. In which being a “ centrist required bravery” said Weiss. Like mUch US media NYT perhaps should be reclassified “ entertainment” not “ news”

The story here is not trump. It is breach of trust by whatever official leaked private confidential information. Any citizen has the right to expect all information is confidential other than that discovered using proper process and having demonstrated cause for legal discovery.
That is the law. Or is protection of law only for people who are liked?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Trump said he would run this country like he ran his businesses. Camille's Fact check rating: TRUE!!

Promises kept!!!

I've said this for a while. His plan to eliminate the federal debt was just like his plan to manage his own debt. Increase the debt so much that he declares bankruptcy, and pays pennies on the dollar in what he actually owed.

I don't think that's a plan grounded in reality, but it would match what he's actually done with the debt/deficit since he's taken office.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If someone were to ask me to prove I’m having chicken fried rice for dinner, that would be a stupid question, a question that makes no sense until I’ve cooked my dinner.

Except you have no difinitive rice here to cook to begin with, only supposition..
Bad analogy, dude.

You original question doesn’t match the post - best case/worst case scenarios are predictions of what might happen

Then all you really have is an opinion something might happen?

Let me know when you have someting a bit more concrete., otherwise I'll count it as no more than the Russian Collusion farse of which they claimed they had plenty reason to believe it was true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And that is the problem viewed from the U.K. we don’t have aparty political axe to grind : but is obvious that there has been a deliberate and sustained campaign to attack and undermine trump using innuendo and shadows, and every dirty trick in the book. In this case pure hearsay given apparent credence.

The resignation of Weiss demonstrates that a once proud reliable journalism at NYT has been replaced with a woke partite mouthpiece. In which being a “ centrist required bravery” said Weiss. Like mUch US media NYT perhaps should be reclassified “ entertainment” not “ news”

The story here is not trump. It is breach of trust by whatever official leaked private confidential information. Any citizen has the right to expect all information is confidential other than that discovered using proper process and having demonstrated cause for legal discovery.

What complete nonsense. You definitely don’t speak for the view from the U.K., I’m English and couldn’t disagree with you any more fiercely. And the number of U.K. people I know who would agree with you I can count on the fingers of one hand. Or finger.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except you have no difinitive rice here to cook to begin with, only supposition..
Bad analogy, dude.

Then all you really have is an opinion something might happen?

Let me know when you have someting a bit more concrete., otherwise I'll count it as no more than the Russian Collusion farse of which they claimed they had plenty reason to believe it was true.

I posted plenty of evidence for you to read, but, as I said in the same post, you won’t read it. So, congratulations, you’ve gone from ignoring the evidence to pretending it isn’t there in just 3 posts.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ok, do let us know when you're certian.

Don’t worry, I fully understand you’re firmly in the camp that couldn’t possibly believe Trump was a crook unless you saw him committing a crime with your own eyes, and even then you’d find an excuse for him. It’s ok though, gangsters have always been popular amongst certain segments of the public for some reason.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They brought down the banks in 2008 when investment banker Lehman Bro’s. failed. It was a combined effort with many lawless people practicing bank fraud contributing to the Great Recession.
Deutsche Bank is the only bank that is willing to finance Donald after his multiple bankruptcies and history of stiffing creditors and defaulting on loans.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Delinquency on a 100m loan is not going to bring down Deutschbank. One year from now people will be traveling again and Trump hotels will be covering the loan.
Trump hotels and resorts are not doing well now when favor-seekers stay at his properties and hold their events there. Should he lose the presidency, they would have no reason to spend their money at his venues.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Deutsche Bank is the only bank that is willing to finance Donald after his multiple bankruptcies and history of stiffing creditors and defaulting on loans.

And there’s a rather giant question mark over why exactly they have been willing to do so when all the other banks want no part of him. And that question keeps coming back to Russia.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Trump called on Russian hackers to release stolen documents on national TV. Russian spies try to undermine democracy. Was Boris Johnson married three times, twice to Eastern Europeans? Are non-disclosure payments to inappropriate content star lovers considered the new age morality in your family? Does a man bragging on being a self made man have a right to brag when people doubt that he showed any taxable income year after year? I paid taxes in 2018 and 2019. Why did Republicans claim the Democrats want to defund the police, when Republicans seem to think paying taxes is evil? Police are paid out of tax receipts? Why didn’t Trump build a border wall after both the House and a Senate sent him a bill funding construction of an entire wall? He should not expect me to think he wanted to secure the border. One of his golf courses was using illegal immigrant labor.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my first post to this thread, I mentioned 3 specific problems, by no means comprehensive. "Lol" is a pretty lame response.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I posted plenty of evidence for you to read, but, as I said in the same post, you won’t read it. So, congratulations, you’ve gone from ignoring the evidence to pretending it isn’t there in just 3 posts.

And I repeat, the left had "evidence" on the collusion as well. ;)

Oh, and I "read" their evidence, as did the courts and guess how it turned out.

But it's clear you refuse to get it so carry on with your opinions, and we'll just have to wait and see on the outcome.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don’t worry, I fully understand you’re firmly in the camp that couldn’t possibly believe Trump was a crook unless you saw him committing a crime with your own eyes, and even then you’d find an excuse for him. It’s ok though, gangsters have always been popular amongst certain segments of the public for some reason.

Not true, I'll believe it when I see it, or when it's been proven the truth.

The camp that I am NOT in, is the one that indicates guilt before proven so.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0