Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe. One NYT article points out suspicious things. But you’d need other information.
Well, there's been an awful lot of information about trump's business dealing coming out over the past 4 years.

And the New York Attorney General's office and SDNY probably have a lot more.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You obviously haven't read the article. Donald has a tremendous amount of debt that he has personally guaranteed which is coming due soon. Most of his recent income has been from his Celebrity Apprentice, not his businesses or properties which seem to be bleeding cash.

No. No, not at all.

You should consider that what the Times has published is majorly factual.

There appear to be some problems. Consulting fees to Ivanka for projects on which she was being paid a corporate salary could be tax cheating. Writing off taxes as a business expense for the Seven Hills estate could be a problem. Some of the foreign entanglements could be a problem - Turkey especially.

Get out the popcorn! It's schadenfreude time.

Is he doing anything illegal?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't remember a 'fair', I do remember a flat tax.
"Fair Tax" was the name of the flat tax popular back in 2008 and 2012 by Mike Huckabee and others.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It does seem that the more evidence that comes out about how corrupt/untruthful/incompetent he is, the more ardent his supporters become.
Right but I don’t think his ardent supporters that came out and voted for him the first time has grown and he lost the popular vote. Between his asinine handling of the pandemic and the apathetic segment of voters that didn’t turn out for the last election (which is extremely high in the U.S.) are more likely to turn out this time around considering that the reality of his poor leadership has effected them personally.

• Informative
Reactions: MIDutch
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Right but I don’t think his ardent supporters that came out and voted for him the first time has grown and he lost the popular vote. Between his asinine handling of the pandemic and the apathetic segment of voters that didn’t turn out for the last election (which is extremely high in the U.S.) are more likely to turn out this time around considering that the reality of his poor leadership has effected them personally.
I certainly hope that is the case.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
10 out of 15 yrs. he paid no federal taxes at all period.
It's amazing how a billionaire can live like a billionaire and at the same time losing so much money that he has no taxable income.

...and became POTUS....to further live off our tax dollars.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It does seem that the more evidence that comes out about how corrupt/untruthful/incompetent he is, the more ardent his supporters become.
He’s all that they feel they have left!, don’t you see?
They have to support him, he himself has told them “only I” can fix things!
They still “believe”!

EDIT: They’ve given up on trying to cooperate running the government, they just want SOMEONE to take care of it all, they still think he can do it.
They don’t think we all can! Somebody gotta be “the boss” and everybody else has to be “respectful”. Trump’s that guy, their guy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
10 out of 15 yrs. he paid no federal taxes at all period.
It's amazing how a billionaire can live like a billionaire and at the same time losing so much money that he has no taxable income.
Hey, just because the taxes were refunded with interest doesn't mean he didn't pay them, according to Mr. Garten, the Trump Organization lawyer. Yeah, that's the claim!

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Aside from the rest of the things mentioned, the guy paid $70,000 for hair cuts. And apparently thinks he got a good deal. We need someone with better judgement running the country.
Oh, I’m sure his barber earns every penny!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey, just because the taxes were refunded with interest doesn't mean he didn't pay them, according to Mr. Garten, the Trump Organization lawyer. Yeah, that's the claim!
I’m sure that he was “advised” after his victory in 2016, that having large amounts owed to the IRS while in office might “look bad” if “it got out”.
I’m sure that everything is “caught up”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hearing the Trump rags to riches story really makes me want to become a gold-plated dog-poop lifestyle brand salesman.

"Durangodawood Steaks! Better than plain wood steaks!" Anybody?

I’ll buy some if they’re made in China

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems to me he's doing pretty good for himself.

My guess is, intentionally or not, you are spinning things and you, may not know what you are talking about, and what we are seeing may be normal for someone who's doing quit well.

I expect that from the Times and anyone that might be against Trump are going to blindly agree with NYT, without giving the truth a second thought....that's what they do here, plain and simple.

Question is, is there really a problem or is this, as they say, just business as usual?

Best case scenario - Trump has been lying to anyone listening about the state of his business affairs, the amount of tax he pays and his net worth for decades.

Worst case scenario - fraudulent behaviour and conflicts of interest over his foreign debts.

We’ll see what comes out, maybe it’ll be somewhere in the middle. What’s your ‘alternative truth’?

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0