New York Mosque? Near ground Zero?!!

Philip22

Jun 24, 2007
✟20,370.00
Faith
Christian
I know that this may not be directly christian ,I geuss it is a matter of perspective. But I just wanted to comment and hear what other people had to say.

First , Why are we even debating this? It is so simple , don't let them build there mosque near the 911 site and you want to know why I say that . First the developer and associates are very much anti - american. anti USA . So why should we bend over for these losers? I think that should be a good enough reason right there.

Secondly, a church that was destroyed at ground zero requested to rebuild at the same area and they were denied so why is it okay for a mosque to be build near by when a christian church is rejected , one that was there before. That to me doent make sense.

Thirdly , I am so sick of hearing people run there mouths about tolerance. And what point are we going to say enough is enough ... we refuse to be your doormat anylonger, just because we are afraid we might offend some minority group. And alot of minority/ethnic groups take advantage of this mindset.

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The moslems already have an option for that property. Throughout history it has been normal for the conquering moslem army to build a Mosque as a marker of the conquest.

Since their is no local muslim community in that financial district to go to that mosque, thats what it is about. Sticking it in the face of the USA

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First , Why are we even debating this? It is so simple , don't let them build there mosque near the 911 site and you want to know why I say that . First the developer and associates are very much anti - american. anti USA . So why should we bend over for these losers? I think that should be a good enough reason right there.
First of all, those wanting to build there are not anti-American. Everything that they have written and said show that they love America, just not what America has done in some cases. They have a valid point which we should listen to.
Secondly, a church that was destroyed at ground zero requested to rebuild at the same area and they were denied so why is it okay for a mosque to be build near by when a christian church is rejected , one that was there before. That to me doent make sense.
It doesn't make sense to me why New Yorkers haven't protested the denial for rebuilding St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church as much as they have protested against the mosque.
Thirdly , I am so sick of hearing people run there mouths about tolerance. And what point are we going to say enough is enough ... we refuse to be your doormat anylonger, just because we are afraid we might offend some minority group. And alot of minority/ethnic groups take advantage of this mindset.
I personally hope that the Muslims will concede and move the Community Center further away, but what I am sick of hearing are those people who want to parade their ideology of the Constitution and then not stand up for the Muslims right to build there.(This does not include you, because you haven't done that but media sources like Fox and far right republicans, it does.)

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
The moslems already have an option for that property. Throughout history it has been normal for the conquering moslem army to build a Mosque as a marker of the conquest.

Since their is no local muslim community in that financial district to go to that mosque, thats what it is about. Sticking it in the face of the USA

Rot!

Upvote 0
Jul 15, 2010
New York
Visit site
✟15,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Since their is no local muslim community in that financial district to go to that mosque
Interesting, I was there a few weeks ago and they were so good at conquering that I didn't even notice.

...thats what it is about. Sticking it in the face of the USA

I'm sure American Muslims feel the same way....

We were attacked by terrorists who were Muslim extremists. Timothy McVeigh's parents were Catholic so by the same logic we shouldn't allow Catholic churches in Oklahoma City.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Philip

The location of St Nicholas Orthodox Church is on the exact land that the Port Authority plans to build the memorial park dedicated to the 9/11 victims.

The Orthodox Church had reached an agreement with the Port Authority, to rebuild the church at a new location near but not on ground zero.

The port authority agreed to pay $60 million to the Orthodox so they could rebuild. However, the Orthodox made new demands including wanting $20 million up front and so the deal fell through.

This had nothing to do with not wanting a Christian Church in the area, but it was about money. There is no comparison to the proposed Islamic Cultural Center which will be paid for with private donations.

Jim

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
First , Why are we even debating this? It is so simple

Hey guys, halt all discussions about silly things like what freedoms are outlined in the constitution and the whole notion of ownership! According to some guy on the internet, it's so simple!

You saved us a lot of work :wave:

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey guys, halt all discussions about silly things like what freedoms are outlined in the constitution and the whole notion of ownership! According to some guy on the internet, it's so simple!

You saved us a lot of work :wave:

Whew! Back to watching reruns of Law & Order then? Good. :sleep:

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah no one is running over all us Christians and our rights - at least if we listen to the liberals. oops
Religious Freedom, Property Rights vs. Government Control | Right Wing News

Where are the libs defending this family's constitutional rights on their own family property?
Where are the conservatives? Just because a right wing publication picked up the news report does not mean that the right wing is helping them. We don't even know for if the people wanting the cross removed are left or right? They are some of his neighbors.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where are the conservatives? Just because a right wing publication picked up the news report does not mean that the right wing is helping them. We don't even know for if the people wanting the cross removed are left or right? They are some of his neighbors.

I followed that story, and it seems the particular neighbor might have been a little jealous over the fact that the couple earned more than half a million dollars in 13-15 years fostering kids.
When they first built the church it appeared to the guy as an act of love, but he later found out that the OWNER is not God, but them, and the church was basically a for profit business when it started taking in donations.

There is a way deeper discussion that needs to take place irt reaping the tithes unto ourselves, and then profiting from the Word of God.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I followed that story, and it seems the particular neighbor might have been a little jealous over the fact that the couple earned more than half a million dollars in 13-15 years fostering kids.
When they first built the church it appeared to the guy as an act of love, but he later found out that the OWNER is not God, but them, and the church was basically a for profit business when it started taking in donations.

There is a way deeper discussion that needs to take place irt reaping the tithes unto ourselves, and then profiting from the Word of God.
Thanks for the deeper info and this illustrates what I have been trying to get through to some of these posters, "Don't believe what you read in the media or internet without checking for the facts first."

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

The Lady Kate

Yeah no one is running over all us Christians and our rights - at least if we listen to the liberals. oops
Religious Freedom, Property Rights vs. Government Control | Right Wing News

Where are the libs defending this family's constitutional rights on their own family property?

Where are the Conservatives solving this problem? Oh, right... they're the ones who caused it!

From your own article: "The regulations in question, Vermont Act 250, is a law written in the 1960s meant to stop out-of-state "hippies" from buying local property and pitching tent cities there creating eyesores and sanitation hazards. The regulation requires landowners to get land use permits before construction."

Looks to me like a case of Conservative legislative bigotry coming back to bite them... as ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Exactly.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The point is the liberals run mainstream media. Claims have been made here that Christians individual rights are not being trashed when that is simply not true. What is true is that these stories of abusing Christians rights do not get heard. NO ONE hears about Christians rights being trampled because the liberal media either does not run the story or burys it. The mosque gets page 1.

The claim is made by the liberals that this is America and we are tolerant and therefore should support this mosque. Yet they are unwilling to apply the same priniciple in defense of a family wanting to have a cross on their own property.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The point is the liberals run mainstream media.
That is not true. There are both liberal and conservative media stations with apolitical stations.

Claims have been made here that Christians individual rights are not being trashed when that is simply not true.
No one's right are being trashed in the NY Mosque issue, at least not yet. The people protesting have that right. The people backing the mosque have that right. The Muslims have the right to build and the Muslims not wanting it built the right to their beliefs.

Christians individual rights are not being trashed on this issue.

What is true is that these stories of abusing Christians rights do not get heard. NO ONE hears about Christians rights being trampled because the liberal media either does not run the story or burys it. The mosque gets page 1.
You are only showing the extreme prejudicism which prevails in the far right and left. I read stories which report supposed and real items all the time. What you need to do is stop believing all those right wing media sources which don't mind lying to their listeners.
The claim is made by the liberals that this is America and we are tolerant and therefore should support this mosque. Yet they are unwilling to apply the same priniciple in defense of a family wanting to have a cross on their own property.
There you go whining about something which I have asked you to prove your side on. Show me where the conservatives are helping them. All we have right now are this couple helping themselves. They got the lawyer. Where is the right wing stepping in and paying for that?

Is the couple right wing or left wing or are they just a couple with a cross in their yard which neighbors want removed? You need to ask yourself what makes you believe that someone is out to get this couple.

Ask yourself why the republican governor hasn't come to their rescue. Why the democratic Senator hasn't not the Independent. They may now that the news is out there and they want head lines.

This most likely isn't about Christianity at all, but instead about a cross which the neighbors want removed.

Upvote 0