new york mayor threatening to shut down churches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
not quiet sure what he means by that last, but sounds like he plans to send police and fireman and such to close down churches in new york, I know people will freak out, but at this point it's a health emergency, people are dying almost more then hospitals can handle, and people still want to risk their lives and others for something they can do at home...

and of course all the persecution complex comes out, anyone have a good link to the video? I see it being reposted, but couldn't find the original.

I'm disgusted by the reactions of my fellow Christians, almost a thousand dying a day in the US (748 yesterday) but MY RIGHTS!!!!.

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I disagree with the mayor's strong arm tactics, I know people are scared and this is a serious thing but remember the mayor and Governor created this by telling people earlier this month no to worry about this. People are scared because the powers that be have scared us and some don't know what to do so Church is there and they go. You got to remember for many who are use to freedom and love freedom as much as the founding fathers did this is a sadder time than any other in history. You should not hate someone because they love freedom and remember not everywhere is a bad a NY, NY. I have said my peace may God go with you

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I disagree with the mayor's strong arm tactics, I know people are scared and this is a serious thing but remember the mayor and Governor created this by telling people earlier this month no to worry about this. People are scared because the powers that be have scared us and some don't know what to do so Church is there and they go. You got to remember for many who are use to freedom and love freedom as much as the founding fathers did this is a sadder time than any other in history. You should not hate someone because they love freedom and remember not everywhere is a bad a NY, NY. I have said my peace may God go with you

Freedoms are not aboslute, if you think your freedom includes the freedom to risk others lives then your wrong. This is a situation where people are dying close to a thousand a day and will be worse once hospitals can't support people any more.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
not quiet sure what he means by that last, but sounds like he plans to send police and fireman and such to close down churches in new york, I know people will freak out, but at this point it's a health emergency, people are dying almost more then hospitals can handle, and people still want to risk their lives and others for something they can do at home...

and of course all the persecution complex comes out, anyone have a good link to the video? I see it being reposted, but couldn't find the original.

I'm disgusted by the reactions of my fellow Christians, almost a thousand dying a day in the US (748 yesterday) but MY RIGHTS!!!!.

Making it illegal will just force back alley fellowship.

• Useful
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

That’s a very selfish attitude.

You want to huddle with your friends inside a building, sharing whatever bugs you have? Fine...but you have to stay in there, sealed off from the rest of the community until this epidemic runs its course.

Prepared to make that commitment...?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
People are scared because the powers that be have scared us and some don't know what to do so Church is there and they go. You got to remember for many who are use to freedom and love freedom as much as the founding fathers did this is a sadder time than any other in history. You should not hate someone because they love freedom

Interesting that so many cry freedom, but at the same time make no effort to figure out the crisis, their actual chances of dying, how pandemics work but instead go on hoarding guns and toilet paper.

If people had a clue government would not need the restrictions and they could trust on educated citizenry to do the smart , responsible thing.

They are actually doing that approach in Sweden

In the Coronavirus Fight in Scandinavia, Sweden Stands Apart

This will pass in few months and your government will lift these restrictions just like every other democratic nation will.

Not getting hysterical meanwhile is a great first step.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[Staff Edit]

Claims of ‘persecution’ by Christians in the US have a similar ring to the complaints toddlers have the world over of how unfair it is that they have to learn about responsible and considerate behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Claims of ‘persecution’ by Christians in the US have a similar ring to the complaints toddlers have the world over of how unfair it is that they have to learn about responsible and considerate behaviour.

You mean you don’t actually believe that the group who own the vast bulk of the wealth, control the government and the armed forces, dominate the media and public discourse, and have the laws heavily skewed in their favor are actually a persecuted minority? Shame on you..

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you love your neighbor, do you risk bringing them a virus in church or you yourself getting it there and bringing it home to others? Anyone see the choir in California that had 45 with COV, out of a 60 member choir? Dozens of choir members sickened by coronavirus, 2 dead, after early March rehearsal
Constitutionally, the state has a compelling reason to restrict movement. Churches have alternatives, online, very small groups etc. No one taking away your right to worship, just modifying it for the public good for what is hopefully a brief time.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Weren’t the Mayor, Governor and the whole of America told not too long ago by someone in power that it is was only 15 cases, soon to be 0 and nothing to worry about? Huh? Didn’t someone say that? On TV? From the White House?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You should not hate someone because they love freedom

Nor should we praise them because their selfish, short-sighted stupidity gets people killed.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Weren’t the Mayor, Governor and the whole of America told not too long ago by someone in power that it is was only 15 cases, soon to be 0 and nothing to worry about? Huh? Didn’t someone say that? On TV? From the White House?

Yes, but they love that guy and are ideologically forbidden from blaming him for anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only partial clip will look for better, but there is this.

thank you. So long as the mayor has a uniform policy being enforced for any group that gathers, I have no issue with the policy.

If Christians, or any other group, feel they can meet anyway, they should be prepared to be quarantined -in the place of gathering -- for 2 weeks.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thank you. So long as the mayor has a uniform policy being enforced for any group that gathers, I have no issue with the policy.

If Christians, or any other group, feel they can meet anyway, they should be prepared to be quarantined -in the place of gathering -- for 2 weeks.

yeah, whats scary is, and though I will admit wondering how much of it is slacktivisim, there is a huge push I was seeing on twitter, to do civil disobedience and go to church and fight off the cops and such.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.