✟753,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can't even... this is insane.

New York Finalizing Plan to Send Some Illegal Immigrants and Ex-Convicts $20k Checks
___
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and state lawmakers are working on an “Excluded Workers Fund” that would give ex-convicts and illegal aliens more than $27,000 because they supposedly missed out on opportunities to work and get government cash during the coronavirus. Both groups were not eligible for the Federal stimulus or relief bills because either they were in jail last year or alternately because they’re foreigners who aren’t supposed to be in the country at all.

The amount of money that would go into this program is staggering.

Imagine living in New York, the state with the highest tax rate in America, and finding out they’re going to give $2 billion dollars of your money to ex-cons and illegal aliens. It’s easy to laugh at them until you remember that 100 billion dollars worth of your tax money was sent to New York in the last coronavirus relief bill. So, your tax dollars may not directly go into the program, but it has helped them become so flush with cash that they feel comfortable spending it on illegals and ex-cons.

Of course, they could also just cut taxes, pay off debt or add that money to a rainy day fund instead, but why should they when they assume we’ll always cut them another fat check any time they need it?

• Informative
Reactions: jacks
Jun 2, 2019
Somewhere
✟30,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

New York Finalizing Plan to Send Some Illegal Immigrants and Ex-Convicts $20k Checks
___
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and state lawmakers are working on an “Excluded Workers Fund” that would give ex-convicts and illegal aliens more than $27,000 because they supposedly missed out on opportunities to work and get government cash during the coronavirus. Both groups were not eligible for the Federal stimulus or relief bills because either they were in jail last year or alternately because they’re foreigners who aren’t supposed to be in the country at all.

Imagine living in New York, the state with the highest tax rate in America, and finding out they’re going to give $2 billion dollars of your money to ex-cons and illegal aliens. It’s easy to laugh at them until you remember that 100 billion dollars worth of your tax money was sent to New York in the last coronavirus relief bill. So, your tax dollars may not directly go into the program, but it has helped them become so flush with cash that they feel comfortable spending it on illegals and ex-cons.

Of course, they could also just cut taxes, pay off debt or add that money to a rainy day fund instead, but why should they when they assume we’ll always cut them another fat check any time they need it?

Well, this is the country we live in now.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

___

Inflation is coming. They are devaluing the dollar with large deficits, stimulus and loose monetary policy.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You guys have been saying this for at least 10 years - maybe more.
I bought a 2 BD 1 BA home built in 1959 for $45,000 in 2012 during the Florida foreclosure crisis. I sold it four years later for about $70,000. I bought a 2 BD 2 BA home with two parking spaces in a gated 55+ mfg. home community for $75,000 in 2016. Now it is worth $135,000. with prices rising.

In 1971, a box of a half dozen glazed or jelly Krispy Kreme donuts cost 35 cents. I sold them door to door. I kept a nickle for every box I sold.

In the mid 1970’s the minimum wage was $2.10/hr. I had a summer job when I was 15 at Pier One Imports.

I once bought a new car for $5400, can not find anything at that price today.

Reactions: iarwain
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
New York Finalizing Plan to Send illegal Immigrants and Ex-Convicts $20k Checks

Given that "The Dan Dongino Show" Podcast is the source of this story, that should speak volumes as to why the lack of additional credible sources that collaborate this story!

Apparently Trump supporters are so desperate for a success story, they are willing to grasp at anything and everything, no matter how implausible, to provide a glimmer of hope!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
New York Finalizing Plan to Send illegal Immigrants and Ex-Convicts $20k Checks

Given that "The Dan Dongino Show" Podcast is the source of this story, that should speak volumes as to why the lack of additional credible sources that collaborate this story!

Apparently Trump supporters are so desperate for a success story, they are willing to grasp at anything and everything, no matter how implausible, to provide a glimmer of hope!

So you're saying it's not a legit story?

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't get why giving money to ex-cons is inherently a bad thing as this seems to imply.
Anyone stopping you?

Lead by example?

Please post your PayPal payment receipt as proof of just how good an idea you really think it is :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟343,116.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Anyone stopping you?

Lead by example?

Please post your PayPal payment receipt as proof of just how good an idea you really think it is :)
Here's the thing. I don't need to do something personally for me to think there are good policy reasons for it. Likewise, I don't need to be against a thing in general for me to think that it's bad policy. But tell me, what policy reason is there to deny these payments to people who were locked up when they were distributed?

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here's the thing. I don't need to do something personally for me to think there are good policy reasons for it
You do need to lead by example if you want to persuade people to take you seriously

Otherwise, you're just playing around with OPM... and if you can tell others what to do with their money, then -- fair is fair -- they can tell you what to do with your money

So, how about you give your money to all those tax payers you think should foot the bill, and then they'll give your money to those felons

Rehabilitation is surely a good idea -- you seem not to notice the whole part about "taking people's money" (through taxes = taking people's money) to pay for it

Money doesn't grow on trees, and even if it did, it would just cause inflation

The issue is taking people's money

Why should we take non-felon non-criminal lawful law abiding citizens' money... and give it to crime committing law breaking felons?

Where does that prioritization come from?

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
You do need to lead by example if you want to persuade people to take you seriously

Otherwise, you're just playing around with OPM... and if you can tell others what to do with their money, then -- fair is fair -- they can tell you what to do with your money

So, how about you give your money to all those tax payers you think should foot the bill, and then they'll give your money to those felons

Rehabilitation is surely a good idea -- you seem not to notice the whole part about "taking people's money" (through taxes = taking people's money) to pay for it

Money doesn't grow on trees, and even if it did, it would just cause inflation

The issue is taking people's money

Why should we take non-felon non-criminal lawful law abiding citizens' money... and give it to crime committing law breaking felons?

Where does that prioritization come from?
Before going farther down the "self-righteous condemnation" route, perhaps the OP would be so kind as to provide additional references from "mainstream" media sources that confirm the validity of this story!

"The Dan Dongino Show" Podcast doesn't strike me as the most objective of sources when it comes to promoting these kinds of 'self-serving" stories!

Last edited:
Upvote 0