Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/nyc-h...e-across-us-without-telling-receiving-cities/

NYC secretly exports homeless to Hawaii and other states without telling receiving pols
By Sara Dorn

From the tropical shores of Honolulu and Puerto Rico, to the badlands of Utah and backwaters of Louisiana, the Big Apple has sent local homeless families to 373 cities across the country with a full year of rent in their pockets as part of Mayor Bill de Blasio’s “Special One-Time Assistance Program.” Usually, the receiving city knows nothing about it.
October 26, 2019 | 5:55pm

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Hey New York
from up top the mountain here in California
we are already full.

And please also note --
our favorite vacation spot in Hawaii
already has so many homeless
it's hard to get around them
so as to get to the beach.
So in Hawaii they want to start a program that would assist with sending the homeless back home. I guess some would be sent back to New York? The homeless are traveling more than we are now (and for free).

Free trip to Hawaii.
Just get to New York.
M-Bob

Last edited:

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Partially, I think it's a good idea. Get the people out of the overly expensive city and put them in an area where there's a chance of obtaining a job and not being homeless. I wouldn't want that to have an influx of workers in my town though, especially due to our education system not being geared towards job creation. I think if towns knew about it and had a need for job filling it'd be a good idea.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Partially, I think it's a good idea. Get the people out of the overly expensive city and put them in an area where there's a chance of obtaining a job and not being homeless. I wouldn't want that to have an influx of workers in my town though, especially due to our education system not being geared towards job creation. I think if towns knew about it and had a need for job filling it'd be a good idea.

Something apparently you are not aware of?

I have been working with the homeless for close to 50 years and the majority of them do not want to work.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something apparently you are not aware of?
It's real early; I'm not sure what that's referring to to what I said?

I have been working with the homeless for close to 50 years and the majority of them do not want to work.
What type of jobs where they doing? They probably needed an overhaul of nutrition, habits and a back to nature sorta retreat in a nice forest camp somewhere.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/nyc-h...e-across-us-without-telling-receiving-cities/

NYC secretly exports homeless to Hawaii and other states without telling receiving pols
By Sara Dorn

From the tropical shores of Honolulu and Puerto Rico, to the badlands of Utah and backwaters of Louisiana, the Big Apple has sent local homeless families to 373 cities across the country with a full year of rent in their pockets as part of Mayor Bill de Blasio’s “Special One-Time Assistance Program.” Usually, the receiving city knows nothing about it.
October 26, 2019 | 5:55pm

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Hey New York
from up top the mountain here in California
we are already full.

And please also note --
our favorite vacation spot in Hawaii
already has so many homeless
it's hard to get around them
so as to get to the beach.
M-Bob
A simple house in San Francisco was worth more than a million. A PT worker can not afford the rent.

In 1988 a neighbor of mine on disability sold his motorcycle to me and bought a bus ticket to California where benefits for the poor were better.

Florida has homeless people. They have to contend with biting insects in the air and biting fire ants on the ground. It is not paradise for them. There is one homeless shelter in my county. It is full. The other one closed after the housing crash.

After the hurricane in Puerto Rico, Spanish speaking people arrived in Florida. They are US citizens. Florida is also seeing an increase in population from the north. There are thousands of acres of undeveloped land inland. Beach communities had beach renourishment and sea wall repair costs after tropical storms and rising sea levels.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Much smarter than the rest of us country bumpkins… getting that liberal vote for being so generous and ‘open-armed’ with taxpayer funds, then applying a sort of ‘final solution’ when its created too big a problem and burden.

Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Much smarter than the rest of us country bumpkins… getting that liberal vote for being so generous and ‘open-armed’ with taxpayer funds, then applying a sort of ‘final solution’ when its created too big a problem and burden.
Imagine if our education taught us how to make money rather than feeling bad about being alive? O what a world it could be.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Imagine if our education taught us how to make money rather than feeling bad about being alive? O what a world it could be.
Yes, or even an educational requirement for watching so many hours of Andy Griffith show reruns. That did a great job helping to educate a large segment of one generation regarding financial and moral responsibilities. :)

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Partially, I think it's a good idea. Get the people out of the overly expensive city and put them in an area where there's a chance of obtaining a job and not being homeless.

Considering the economic conditions as a whole with the expense of property only being one part of the equation. I think larger cities are really the kind of place where there's a chance of obtaining a job and not being homeless. You may have cheaper property values outside of a large city but the lack of support network outweighs as well as the available jobs is not as good as a big city.

• Agree
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Apparently the city's shelters are overcrowded and needed some relief. But it seems to me that if this program had any sustainability or integrity it would relocate the people within NYC itself rather than shipping them out to diverse destinations, let alone the fact that they do not tell the destinations what they are doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In California.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article238080964.html

Some of the land Steinberg wants to secure could be used for “cabin” style homeless shelters, his spokeswoman Mary Lynne Vellinga said.

The $35 million is part of $650 million in the state budget to help local governments address homelessness. It’s a relatively small amount of money for housing in California, which needs millions more homes to house its growing population. But Steinberg, whose city is counting on at least $14 million from the state before any supplemental money from the challenge, said every little bit helps.

The challenge is Newsom’s second homeless-related announcement in as many days and comes as President Donald Trump is threatening federal action if California officials don’t address homelessness.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing New Under The Sun.

We had a City here that was rounding up the homeless with the help of The Sheriff's Department and relocating them to a neighboring City.

Guess things were working out just fine for the one until, the word got out.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...I don't understand, why would anyone have to "inform" anyone when people move somewhere? Comes to that, who do you inform when someone moves? Well, other then maybe the post office for your mail. When Mrs tulc and I moved from California to Indiana and I didn't need to "inform" the mayor of the city we moved to or the governor of the State when we moved. Why would they need to?
tulc(is just wondering)

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...I don't understand, why would anyone have to "inform" anyone when people move somewhere? Comes to that, who do you inform when someone moves? Well, other then maybe the post office for your mail. When Mrs tulc and I moved from California to Indiana and I didn't need to "inform" the mayor of the city we moved to or the governor of the State when we moved. Why would they need to?
tulc(is just wondering)
Did California sponsor and fund your and Mrs. Tulc's move to Indiana?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did California sponsor and fund your and Mrs. Tulc's move to Indiana?
Sort of, I had a job and it paid for the move. Another way of looking at that would be: if the company I worked for moved me to another State would the Company have to inform the State I was moving to that I had moved there? :scratch:
tulc(thinks that's a more accurate example) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sort of, I had a job and it paid for the move. Another way of looking at that would be: if the company I worked for moved me to another State would the Company have to inform the State I was moving to that I had moved there? :scratch:
tulc(thinks that's a more accurate example) :)
Nope, not even ‘sort of’ similar. You can spin that until you’re dizzy… it’s not the same situation at all.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope, not even ‘sort of’ similar. You can spin that until you’re dizzy… it’s not the same situation at all.
...or it is and you simply hadn't thought of it like that. But again, I'm not seeing why anyone needs to know when people move from one place to another. :wave:
tulc(is still not clear on who would even be "the ones to tell") :scratch:

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I think they might just be trying to confuse the issue?

Dumping ones homeless on another State
is a cheezy thing to do.

But, right in line with how it sometimes works these days.

M-Bob

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...or it is and you simply hadn't thought of it like that. But again, I'm not seeing why anyone needs to know when people move from one place to another. :wave:
tulc(is still not clear on who would even be "the ones to tell") :scratch:
When the government moves them do they decide where they will be moved to? When they get there are there going to be jobs for them or are they going to be signing up for assistance programs with their new governments' programs?
I think when a government steps in and assigns new homes it's rather like a refugee program and the new state should be notified.

Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When the government moves them do they decide where they will be moved to? When they get there are there going to be jobs for them or are they going to be signing up for assistance programs with their new governments' programs?
I think when a government steps in and assigns new homes it's rather like a refugee program and the new state should be notified.
Right imagine if the government suddenly caused an influx into an area without any available jobs or reeducation programs.

Upvote 0