Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This has some creepy connotations.
Such as what?

Are we supposed to not address infections if they are centered around a religious groups gathering place?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Such as what?

Are we supposed to not address infections if they are centered around a religious groups gathering place?

I didn't say I disagree with it. It just seems surreal that the army has been sent to surround a synagogue.

And they haven't said exactly what a "containment" is.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one gets in or out

New Rochelle NY. Fictitious home town of Rob Petri on the Dick van Dyke show. (the character being fictitious, not the city)

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
(I keep wondering what the people who thought that Obama was going to use Jade Helm to send people to FEMA death camps will think when Trump tells them to stay in their homes and let the National Guard deliver food and water to them.)

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
New Rochelle NY. Fictitious home town of Rob Petri on the Dick van Dyke show.
Now giving new meaning to the name 'Petri dish', used for culturing microbes. (Actually, it was Rob Petrie on the show.)

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you read the governor's announcement on Twitter, people in the area are not impressed and say it's a ridiculous concept since the contamination has already spread so far, and what about people right outside the "magic circle" as they are calling it, or the rest of the city which has seen some infections. They are saying it's just a political move that he knows won't do good to try to make it look like he's doing something.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
(I keep wondering what the people who thought that Obama was going to use Jade Helm to send people to FEMA death camps will think when Trump tells them to stay in their homes and let the National Guard deliver food and water to them.)
Those were insane people, so who knows what insane thing theyre thinking now. Perhaps its "heckuva job, Donald!"

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Was jade helm launched under the pretense of a fake pandemic in order to thwart an election, destroy the successful stock market, and continue a coup against the lawfully elected American born President?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Looks like the Democrat Governor is showing his true colors by using the old black death tactic and sequestering the Jews, but no worries, they will still vote for Biden as they are rounded up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say I disagree with it. It just seems surreal that the army has been sent to surround a synagogue.

‘Centre of the outbreak’ doesn’t provide a clue?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one gets in or out

New Rochelle NY. Fictitious home town of Rob Petri on the Dick van Dyke show. (the character being fictitious, not the city)
Dave, just a thought but...
Could the one-mile radius around the synagogue be because many Jews, especially the Orthodox, don't drive on the Sabbath so many of them live within a mile of the synagogue that they attend?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Rush is here to satisfy my curiosity.

This coronavirus, they’re just — all of this panic is just not warranted. This, I’m telling you, when I tell you — when I’ve told you that this virus is the common cold. When I said that, it was based on the number of cases. It’s also based on the kind of virus this is. Why do you think this is “COVID-19”? This is the 19th coronavirus. They’re not uncommon.

Actually, the 19 is for 2019, when the first cases appeared.

I’ll tell you what’s really more scary than anything, is how the American people — some Americans, I don’t know how many it is, seem to be okay with being told they can’t do this, and they can’t go there and you've got to stay here, and we’re gonna quarantine you there, and we’re gonna wrap you up over there, we’re gonna put you in this cocoon here, and you can’t leave and you — “Okay, okay, fine with me!” No, not okay.

Do you think Andrew Cuomo knows what’s best for you? He put this little quarantine around New Rochelle. I mean, it’s just, this is just — too much of this, to me, appears to be made-to-order for objectives that have long been held by the American left, the Democrat Party, the media, what have you.

The left is here to use our shared resources to help protect we the people from a serious health crisis. Either that or it's FEMA death camps for you all.

Anyway, look, I’m sure you can tell I’ve got to be very careful how I navigate this. Because the media is just waiting for people to come along and act like it isn’t a big deal, so they can point fingers.

Yes, everyone should point fingers at people saying irresponsible things. Please listen to your local public health authorities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, everyone should point fingers at people saying irresponsible things. Please listen to your local public health authorities.

Yeah, Italy has warned us as well that they acted like we did at first and saw it the same way before the spread started taking off. Now they are giving it everything they can to try and contain it and stop it from getting worse. Some politicians seem to be mocking these warnings - very helpful.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If we're posting examples of poor advice:

Holy Synod: blasphemy to think holy communion could spread viruses

It would be blasphemous to think that Holy Communion could spread viruses, but people were free to choose whether they want to receive it, the Church of Cyprus said on Wednesday.

In a statement on Wednesday, the Holy Synod argued that receiving Holy Communion from the same spoon as hundreds of others was safe for believers.

“It would be blasphemous to think that the body and blood of the Christ could transmit any disease or virus,” it said. “Christianity’s centuries-old experience has no single incident of such transmission to display.”

Christian Orthodox believers take the Holy Communion, a warm sweet red wine, from the same spoon used for everyone.

There you have it, basic hygiene is officially blasphemy.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It would be blasphemous to think that Holy Communion could spread viruses, but people were free to choose whether they want to receive it, the Church of Cyprus said on Wednesday.

:sigh:

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This has some creepy connotations.

It very much does. Freedom is quickly being snatched away. I can see a scenario where they say all churches are banned because of virus fears, reckons this is it for liberty and freedom. It was nice for 200 plus years and it dies in fear of nothing and this is how liberty dies

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
At this point I cannot even wallow in my normal refuge of schadenfreude as stupidity like this will spill over and KILL people who were taking precautions.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0